I Heard Luigino's Restaurant Closed

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2015, 03:02 AM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbussche View Post
We talked with a person last week that looked into opening a business in TV. They were given a 49 page contract to sign. Their lawyer told them run, not walk away from it.
Yet quite a few places seem to stay in businss here in the villages. Could it be their business model has something to do with it also or maybe what or how they are offering their service?
Old 10-19-2015, 03:16 AM
Sage

Ricciardi's will be the next so-called Italian restaurant to go-lousy food and they do nothing to make it better--recipe for failure
Old 10-19-2015, 04:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
Yet quite a few places seem to stay in businss here in the villages. Could it be their business model has something to do with it also or maybe what or how they are offering their service?

I think you are right.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member

As far as I see Brownwood has the most but they're still up and coming so give them a little more time. There are a few new one's coming to LSL, As for SS I don't go up there very often. I would think IF a good Restaurant comes into the one that just closed it should do fine with all the big acts coming into the Sharon. We locals all have our favorite places because we're treated to good food, fair prices, and friendly atmosphere. Maybe those that have closed didn't learn that yet. Hope the workers find someplace to work quickly. I know Kattie Bells is hiring,
Old 10-19-2015, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debmc33 View Post
There are so many closings and empty store fronts in all 3 of The Villages downtowns - I find it alarming! TV should be concerned. I would think businesses would be lined up to be in those areas .Rent too high? TV too controlling?
Heard from reliable source that Luigino's monthly rent was $16,000. Pretty hefty overhead for a small town business.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguyintv View Post
Heard from reliable source that Luigino's monthly rent was $16,000. Pretty hefty overhead for a small town business.

No one put a gun to their head to lease it, IF that is true.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:47 AM

I did not care for Luigino's, ate there a few times, service was very slow, they were not busy inside the restaurant. We had to ask for our check 3 times and finally just left cash on the table as we could not get the check. I didn't think it was very clean also, but the food was pretty decent. My opinion, my experience, I am not surprised of the closing.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Let's hope that the space is filled soon. I remember for years that prime location in Spanish Springs was vacant and detracting from the overall image.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:02 AM
Eternal Member

I get tired of people saying The Villages is the cause of business closures because of high rent. Look at the businesses that have opened more than 1 place and the other places that are always busy.
Businesses know when they sign a lease how much the rent will be, so you better have a plan before you sign it and open a business.
I remember we had a Christmas store in SS on the square. When they closed some people blamed the high rent. Really ??? Obviously we didn't need a year round Christmas store.
The restaurants that have closed were the ones that got really bad reviews. 12 of us had a girl's night out and ate at Luiginos. 6 sent their meals back. They were awful. Service was also awful. Most of our meals came mixed up. Only 2 out of the 12 said they liked their meal. One got pizza and the other had a salad.
Note to businesses: Make sure you have a good plan when you open up a business, but also make sure you follow through with that plan.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I get tired of people saying The Villages is the cause of business closures because of high rent. Look at the businesses that have opened more than 1 place and the other places that are always busy.
Businesses know when they sign a lease how much the rent will be, so you better have a plan before you sign it and open a business.
I remember we had a Christmas store in SS on the square. When they closed some people blamed the high rent. Really ??? Obviously we didn't need a year round Christmas store.
The restaurants that have closed were the ones that got really bad reviews. 12 of us had a girl's night out and ate at Luiginos. 6 sent their meals back. They were awful. Service was also awful. Most of our meals came mixed up. Only 2 out of the 12 said they liked their meal. One got pizza and the other had a salad.
Note to businesses: Make sure you have a good plan when you open up a business, but also make sure you follow through with that plan.

Don't let HER blond hair fool ya.

Smart girl, our Bonny!
Old 10-19-2015, 09:17 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Don't let HER blond hair fool ya.

Smart girl, our Bonny!
News Break !! I'm not a real blond ! Thank you GG
Old 10-19-2015, 09:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
News Break !! I'm not a real blond ! Thank you GG

I read this on the online news source that shall not be named.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:19 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I read this on the online news source that shall not be named.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:21 PM
Default Luigino's

One of the best locations in Spanish Springs, but bad service, bad food, all the ingredients of failure. Yes good riddance. Hope someone moves in who will provide good value and not try to continue to rip Villages off like a lot of restaurants do. Villagers have to speak out. I've heard it said that restaurants in The Villages could serve turds and the patrons would still say it was the best turd they ever ate.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ringler View Post
One of the best locations in Spanish Springs, but bad service, bad food, all the ingredients of failure. Yes good riddance. Hope someone moves in who will provide good value and not try to continue to rip Villages off like a lot of restaurants do. Villagers have to speak out. I've heard it said that restaurants in The Villages could serve turds and the patrons would still say it was the best turd they ever ate.
Well, the fact that it closed due to all those ingredients of failure sort of belies your statement about what Villagers will joyfully eat, eh? I think the Villagers did speak out.

I never met a turd I really liked. Although some were so-so.

Tags
luiginos, people, closed, business, work, close, means, employees, find, job, coming, season, goodness, good, night, today, restaurant, heard, facebook, restaurants, bad, things

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.