irish chicken murphy

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2014, 07:19 PM

Caveman that's the dish now I'm really hungry I hate to drive back to jersey just for that but it's almost worth it.

No Patty I didn't try calling Mezza but I will tomorrow,
Thanks for helping if someone finds a place I'll buy you dinner too if your single female I'll buy you two, dessert, drinks, etc.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo View Post
Does anyone know where to get a good irish murphy dinner in the villages.
Thank You
I think I found a good video for you about chicken murphy including a recipe. This video is about the Reservoir Rest. in South Orange. They claim they created chicken murphy a while ago.
Watch this

I'm going to make it.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:11 PM

Hey Tom: I can't believe I've never been their I never even heard of the place I've been to Pal's which is torn down now and the one on s. mountain reser. that overlooks the city.
That is some video thank you very much, now I'm really going all out to find a place that makes or will make it, it's on my bucket list down here.

Thanks again----nice of you
Old 10-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hey Tom: I can't believe I've never been their I never even heard of the place I've been to Pal's which is torn down now and the one on s. mountain reser. that overlooks the city.
That is some video thank you very much, now I'm really going all out to find a place that makes or will make it, it's on my bucket list down here.

Thanks again----nice of you
my pleasure, but i have some advice

i read the recipe someone else found and it called for adding 12 oz of hot cherry peppers and brine. i would think twice about that many cherry peppers and cooking with brine doesn't quite sound right either.

i have a question.
when you looked at the report video i linked, it showed the potatoes sliced and fried. is that how you remember it being prepared?
Old 10-17-2014, 02:38 PM

Hey Tom:: Yes exactly that way and sometimes small pc's of broccoli in it also
I like it spicey usually with the sausage and peppers makes it hot.
For some people who never had it or never heard of it you just have to try it somewhere.
Maybe it's only common in the Jersey area.
Well at least we're good for something up their
Old 10-17-2014, 02:54 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Hey Tom:: Yes exactly that way and sometimes small pc's of broccoli in it also
I like it spicey usually with the sausage and peppers makes it hot.
For some people who never had it or never heard of it you just have to try it somewhere.
Maybe it's only common in the Jersey area.
Well at least we're good for something up their
Hi pivo: Yes it appears to be a local thing.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

O.K. Tomwed. Find me some Goetta in The Villages and some German Mock Turtle soup.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I want some of those dinners drive in and dives that Guy Fieri visits to move down here
Old 10-18-2014, 11:39 AM

There are plenty of diners, drive inns and dives that Guy would go to around here. Just get out from under the dome.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:03 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
There are plenty of diners, drive inns and dives that Guy would go to around here. Just get out from under the dome.
Hi TomOB: Please name a few and what distance from the dome because I salivate for a selection. As to Guy I wonder why he hasn't been around here yet?
Old 10-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Sage
Default Prost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
O.K. Tomwed. Find me some Goetta in The Villages and some German Mock Turtle soup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

In The Villages,,,,I don't think I can but maybe I can get close.

I just golfed with a couple and he was born in Italy and her parents are from Munich. They told me Yalaha is great. They rarely eat out because they cook so well. They said there is a beer garden in the back of the original store and there is music too. And as soon as I can talk my friends into going.............

"Our Bakery has a Deli which offers on a daily basis a wonderful German Breakfast and Lunch, made with traditional German recipes and also our traditional cold sandwiches.

We have a variety of dishes that will delight any discriminating patron.

The deli you can also find German cold cuts, plus a mix of American and European Beers. Please see our menu for more information.

Yalaha Bakery is open 7 days a week and has a wonderful German Biergarten where you can come enjoy the music and wonderful food made with lots of pride right here at our Bakery."

clcik here

Now this other place has the best, most authentic Polish food around.
click here I bought some Hungarian Sausage there in addition to other meats and I wonder if Hungarian sausage is like Goetta.

Let me know, if you go, what you think.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.