Katie Belle's Dinner

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmiata View Post
Right on. The change was made just to make more money.
You don't have to spend your money there.........
Old 01-06-2016, 10:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Its called a business.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Have you ever heard of private enterprise?

To make payroll and actually pay the workers, performers and management, "making money" is an essential goal.

Without "making money", private-sector businesses have to close.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:33 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimesintv View Post
Have you ever heard of private enterprise?

To make payroll and actually pay the workers, performers and management, "making money" is an essential goal.

Without "making money", private-sector businesses have to close.
But of course...and I am a devout capitalist

I got stopped by troopers once traveling through a southern state. the troopers motion me to follow them to town. They told me I had to pay a fine then and there. I was short on cash and so wired home to my wife to please send some money. While in that town I discovered the Judge's name plastered on every building within sight....and it was a small town. So the moral to my story is there is private sector business then there is PRIVATE SECTOR BUSINESS

Personal Best Regards
Old 01-07-2016, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
That's awesome. Glad to hear. The Villages does everything top notch. Can't wait to give it a try.
Bonnie, you are falling down on the job. You should have been there already!!!
Old 01-07-2016, 08:46 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Bonnie, you are falling down on the job. You should have been there already!!!
I'll definitely get there soon. Gonna let the newness die down.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:03 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:

Waiting.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Waiting for your report.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:19 AM
Sage

I am sure it's great for what it now is. Sad that it's gone and many feel we lost an amenity. Praising the developer or vouching for their right to make money will NOT take away that feeling. *HAROLD*SCHWARTZ would walk around the original town square, mingle and asked the villagers how he could make their lives more happy. He lived in his manufactured home and was happy to be a real villager.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:45 AM
Sage

i wish the owners would open a real dance hall saloon type place and charge a cover charge at the door. surely it would be a successful business and replace the void of a great dancing venue which many of us feel. just not the same to go and dance at a rec center or on concrete in the square. when survey time comes around, those who would like this should mention it as a request. we have plenty of places to go to eat!
Old 01-07-2016, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
I am sure it's great for what it now is. Sad that it's gone and many feel we lost an amenity. Praising the developer or vouching for their right to make money will NOT take away that feeling. *HAROLD*SCHWARTZ would walk around the original town square, mingle and asked the villagers how he could make their lives more happy. He lived in his manufactured home and was happy to be a real villager.

Harold loved his family, I betcha, and would be proud of all they have done, but most of all he would be proud they were still working, even though they certainly don't have to. This place now is the vision of Gary Morse, gone now, and his children who I think are doing a great job

I am a huge fan of the free market and the work ethic and of taking good care of what you have. I think that the area near Katie Belles is changing, many of the original folks have moved to the village of Heavenly or to Freedom Point or back home near their families. The Sharon is there and good venues for dining before or a drink after will be used a lot. People in the very new areas are fifteen miles away from Katie Belles. I don't know if that matters but is worth noting.

I think the loss of a large dance floor is probably the biggest change. I enjoyed watching some lovely dancing by residents. But life moves on.

Most of the restaurant kitchens in the Villages use pre-made entrees, purchased from large businesses who employ excellent chefs who figure out recipes and then meals are pre assembled and probably frozen ahead of time. In fact not only in The Villages but in all chains too. I for one do not think this affects the taste in a negative way and often beats the heck out of some kid who might be cooking back there.

As for Katie Belles, we will see. Remember how folks were all upset about the Sharon?

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-07-2016 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Harold loved his family, I betcha, and would be proud of all they have done, but most of all he would be proud they were still working, even though they certainly don't have to. This place now is the vision of Gary Morse, gone now, and his children who I think are doing a great job

I am a huge fan of the free market and the work ethic and of taking good care of what you have. I think that the area near Katie Belles is changing, many of the original folks have moved to the village of Heavenly or to Freedom Point or back home near their families. The Sharon is there and good venues for dining before or a drink after will be used a lot. People in the very new areas are fifteen miles away from Katie Belles. I don't know if that matters but is worth noting.

I think the loss of a large dance floor is probably the biggest change. I enjoyed watching some lovely dancing by residents. But life moves on.

Most of the kitchens in the Villages use pre-made entrees, purchased from large businesses who employ excellent chefs who figure out recipes and then meals are pre assembled and probably frozen ahead of time. In fact not only in The Villages but in all chains too. I for one do not think this affects the taste in a negative way and often beats the heck out of some kid who might be cooking back there.

As for Katie Belles, we will see. Remember how folks were all upset about the Sharon?
I remember how upset people were when they stopped the salad wheel they used to bring to the tables at Katie Belles.
People were upset when they took the upstairs and made it Cattle Baron.
In 16 years, we've seen a lot of changes and it always works out.
We used to enjoy talking with Harold at Cafe Ole' back in the day. Being from Michigan, it gave us a lot to talk about.
Thank you Harold and the Morse clan for everything you have provided for us in our golden years. Never imagined retired life was going to be like this. We love it here !
Old 01-07-2016, 10:52 AM

So happy that the restaurant was redone.........but what about us, The Village residents
Katie Belles was our restaurant, now anyone and everyone can go in
I think they made a big mistake when they made it open to the general public.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:00 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to the square

Ah yes. "resident only", that term seems to be going the way of the dial telephone. I think Katie Belles and the Alamo have something in common. They're both been over run by outside forces. I believe that non-residents already get enough entertainment here as it is. The three squares leading the list. If the Villages with it's supposed 100,000 residents can't keep Katie belles afloat then maybe it wasn't meant to be. I've been going there since 2008 and thought is great the way it was. It seem that The Villages is going from a " friendliest hometown" to another tourist destination.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
when you do go, pls. describe how the show vs. non-show seating is arranged. used to be when upstairs you still heard & maybe saw the show. now?
Old 01-07-2016, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladean46 View Post
So happy that the restaurant was redone.........but what about us, The Village residents
Katie Belles was our restaurant, now anyone and everyone can go in
I think they made a big mistake when they made it open to the general public.
Well, perhaps we Village residents didn't go there enough to make it profitable? In the future, when only Villagers can make reservations, we should step up and fill in all the dates and times if we want it to be exclusive. They have to make a profit in order to stay open.

TV isn't a non-profit development. We've only been to Katie Belle's once, but now with a glowing report, another trip is in our future.

Tags
dinner, dishes, excellent, belles, salad, side, entrees, good, prepared, fish, ahi, tuna, katie, lot, rack, veal, chicken, sauces, choice, baked, broiled, accompanied, blackened, lamb, cakes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.