Katie Belles is Not a Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2016, 03:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
.......Martin Shkreli, the CEO who raised the price of a lifesaving drug for a rare disease, from $13.50 to $750 a dose, so his company could maximize profits. I say not ethical but legal.
Martin got arrested for a ponzi scheme that raised money to purchase the drug company. He did not get arrested for raising the price of the drug......

Ultimately your company will pay a price if it continually does not behave ethically be it lose of customers or employees or call enough attention to yourself the skeleton in the closet search begins.
By citing that unusually outlandish, charlatan example, you're lumping the charlatan and TV developers together. There is NO comparison.

Firstly, KB's is not a lifesaving product.

Secondly, if it were, it would not be something needed by nor geared toward everybody in the community. It would only be of interest to a small fraction of the population with that condition/disease--amongst various meds prescribed for it.

Thirdly, any price increase at KB's is going to be mitigated by an improved venue, seating, food quality and atmosphere. TV knows how much people here are willing to pay and none of the country clubs here have outlandish prices.

KB's needed some new life injected into it and that's what they have done. To those who loathe businesses making a profit and who call that 'GREED': Get over it.

Last edited by goodtimesintv; 01-25-2016 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Mis-stated 'get over it'
Old 01-25-2016, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimesintv View Post
By citing that unusually outlandish, charlatan example, you're lumping the charlatan and TV developers together. There is NO comparison.

Firstly, KB's is not a lifesaving product.

Secondly, if it were, it would not be something needed by nor geared toward everybody in the community. It would only be of interest to a small fraction of the population with that condition/disease--amongst various meds prescribed for it.

Thirdly, any price increase at KB's is going to be mitigated by an improved venue, seating, food quality and atmosphere. TV knows how much people here are willing to pay and none of the country clubs here have outlandish prices.

KB's needed some new life injected into it and that's what they have done. Get over it.
If you read the post I never put the developer in the same category as the charlatan. I was making a point that the developer has the right to do what they want. Correct legally. It was purposely an outlandish example to illustrate difference between legal and ethical.

Get over it ? I was never under it. My choice in this particular case is go or not go to Katie Belle's. That's for me to decide no one else.

But I assure you I am over this now
Old 01-25-2016, 04:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
If you read the post I never put the developer in the same category as the charlatan. I was making a point that the developer has the right to do what they want. Correct legally. It was purposely an outlandish example to illustrate difference between legal and ethical.

Get over it ? I was never under it. My choice in this particular case is go or not go to Katie Belle's. That's for me to decide no one else.

But I assure you I am over this now
I should have said "To those who loathe businesses making a profit and who call that 'GREED'", get over it. Will edit that. Was not intended for you specifically.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:44 PM
Platinum member

#1..It's called business.

#2..Business does not equal greed.

#3..Even if greed were in the equation, why would our amenity fees, etc. be as reasonable as they are?

Seems like people from all walks of life just have a tendency to get spoiled and change just does not come easy.

For all the naysayers, if the new Katie Belle's flops, are you being personally financially hurt or are the Developers? I don't know of anyone else here who has taken the chance, bought the land and then developed it, and hoped that it would succeed. We all have choices which businesses to patronize or not, just as we all had the choice to move here in the first place. We were told about the fees, restrictions, etc. at the time we put our names on the dotted lines of our contract. We knew exactly what was what. If we made a mistake, then it was ours....not The Villages. It is the same thing for them if KB is not successful; their mistake, not ours. (By the way, we didn't make a mistake.) Is everything perfect? Of course not, but show me anywhere else that comes as close.

The ONLY thing they did not include in the listing of all the various activities available to us is the one MAJOR activity of which many of us must partake....going from doctor to doctor to doctor! Not my favorite, but the only one I consider mandatory!
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 01-26-2016, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
#1..It's called business.

#2..Business does not equal greed.

#3..Even if greed were in the equation, why would our amenity fees, etc. be as reasonable as they are?

Seems like people from all walks of life just have a tendency to get spoiled and change just does not come easy.

For all the naysayers, if the new Katie Belle's flops, are you being personally financially hurt or are the Developers? I don't know of anyone else here who has taken the chance, bought the land and then developed it, and hoped that it would succeed. We all have choices which businesses to patronize or not, just as we all had the choice to move here in the first place. We were told about the fees, restrictions, etc. at the time we put our names on the dotted lines of our contract. We knew exactly what was what. If we made a mistake, then it was ours....not The Villages. It is the same thing for them if KB is not successful; their mistake, not ours. (By the way, we didn't make a mistake.) Is everything perfect? Of course not, but show me anywhere else that comes as close.

The ONLY thing they did not include in the listing of all the various activities available to us is the one MAJOR activity of which many of us must partake....going from doctor to doctor to doctor! Not my favorite, but the only one I consider mandatory!

Excellent post. EXCELLENT post.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:37 AM
Sage

The one business principle I have never seen used on this forum applies, IMHO. "Grow or die" seems to apply to all businesses (think MacDonald's menu).
Old 01-26-2016, 11:18 AM
Sage

Heavens to Betsy, what a messy thread!
His name is Gutfeld, not Outfield.

Time: 7:00pm. Admission: $40-$150. Age restrictions: All Ages. Box office: 352-750-5411. Address: 1051 Main Street. Venue phone: 352-751-7799. Join us for an engaging and entertaining evening: “Town Hall with Greg Gutfeld and Dana Perino” as they discuss valuable insights from both of their New York Times best sellers with the added bonus of Grammy award winning singer/songwriter Larry Gatlin for a few of his best-known tunes and some timely humor. This Town Hall event will combine Greg’s razor-sharp wit with Dana’s no-nonsense political savvy to share their thoughts on the upcoming presidential primaries, news of the day, and culminating with a Q & A session. The same positive chemistry that makes Greg roll his eyes and Dana giggle on “The Five” every weekday afternoon at 5:00 PM EST (FOX News Channel), will offer an intimate and entertaining evening of interaction at The Sharon Center. Related post. Buy Tickets More information
Old 01-26-2016, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Heavens to Betsy, what a messy thread!
His name is Gutfeld, not Outfield.

Time: 7:00pm. Admission: $40-$150. Age restrictions: All Ages. Box office: 352-750-5411. Address: 1051 Main Street. Venue phone: 352-751-7799. Join us for an engaging and entertaining evening: “Town Hall with Greg Gutfeld and Dana Perino” as they discuss valuable insights from both of their New York Times best sellers with the added bonus of Grammy award winning singer/songwriter Larry Gatlin for a few of his best-known tunes and some timely humor. This Town Hall event will combine Greg’s razor-sharp wit with Dana’s no-nonsense political savvy to share their thoughts on the upcoming presidential primaries, news of the day, and culminating with a Q & A session. The same positive chemistry that makes Greg roll his eyes and Dana giggle on “The Five” every weekday afternoon at 5:00 PM EST (FOX News Channel), will offer an intimate and entertaining evening of interaction at The Sharon Center. Related post. Buy Tickets More information
Are they going to Katie Belle's which would somewhat tie into this thread.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Are they going to Katie Belle's which would somewhat tie into this thread.
Well, if they do go to Katie Belles, I'll bet they would have enjoyed the old Katie Belles more. [insert winking emoticon reading a New York Times best seller]
Old 01-27-2016, 09:10 AM

Hi.. Went to Katie Belles for 6:30 dinner on Sat. night. The lady taking reservations on the phone was far from kind and friendly, but finally got it straightened out ..(3:30-5:30 is open seating for their happy hour, limited menu, 1/2 price drinks,)
If you are doing a Villagers reservation, you can make a reservation for a DINING TABLE for $3.00/ person, on a credit card. (non-residents pay $5.00 ea.) The show table thing is closer to the stage and more expensive.. depending on the entertainment..
Anyway.
When we checked in, we took notice of the decore and seating... beautifully done (no surprise, the Villages does it right all the time with regards to theme.)
Also, we discovered the best tables are where the original seating overlooking the old Katie Belle stage...(People are calling this the sunrise and sunset tables.)
The tables are not tight, by the windows, and far enough from the stage not to have the music distract you from conversation. (The sunset tables actually have a tv hung to see the band.)
We had a wonderful meal (although it is not inexpensive..but very very good.) Service was excellent. I was prepared not to like it (We did not love the Cattle baron rest.) but we were pleasantly surprised. We look forward to going again.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brovelli View Post
Hi.. Went to Katie Belles for 6:30 dinner on Sat. night. The lady taking reservations on the phone was far from kind and friendly, but finally got it straightened out ..(3:30-5:30 is open seating for their happy hour, limited menu, 1/2 price drinks,)
If you are doing a Villagers reservation, you can make a reservation for a DINING TABLE for $3.00/ person, on a credit card. (non-residents pay $5.00 ea.) The show table thing is closer to the stage and more expensive.. depending on the entertainment..
Anyway.
When we checked in, we took notice of the decore and seating... beautifully done (no surprise, the Villages does it right all the time with regards to theme.)
Also, we discovered the best tables are where the original seating overlooking the old Katie Belle stage...(People are calling this the sunrise and sunset tables.)
The tables are not tight, by the windows, and far enough from the stage not to have the music distract you from conversation. (The sunset tables actually have a tv hung to see the band.)
We had a wonderful meal (although it is not inexpensive..but very very good.) Service was excellent. I was prepared not to like it (We did not love the Cattle baron rest.) but we were pleasantly surprised. We look forward to going again.
So it costs two couples, $12 total to reserve a single table for 4. Non-residents would pay $20 for that same table. Wow! That'll keep the riff-raff out.

Skip
Old 01-27-2016, 03:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
So it costs two couples, $12 total to reserve a single table for 4. Non-residents would pay $20 for that same table. Wow! That'll keep the riff-raff out.

Skip
"TV, where every millionaire can live like a...well, a millionaire."
Old 01-27-2016, 04:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
"TV, where every millionaire can live like a...well, a millionaire."
That's true. There are places to spend, but you don't need to, do you?

That's the Village difference.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:39 AM

This post has outlived it's useful time, in my humble opinion.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
This post has outlived it's useful time, in my humble opinion.
Humble opinions are never typed out.
Closed Thread

Tags
belles, katie, dana, perino, opps, health, outfield, club, tickets, greg, sharon--its, hall-if, apiece, happy, camper, $150, participate, town, mvp, chance, advertised, reason, honest, opinion, check

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.