Katie Belles Seating Problem

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2016, 05:39 PM
Sage
Thumbs up Katie Belles Seating Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
Katie bells also has a great happy hour from 330-530. Everything except bottles of wine are half price. Moscow mule just 3.50. 12.50 at havana
My brother made his yearly visit and we went to Katie Bells as we do every year for happy hour and they wouldn't seat us at the bar on a Tuesday. They said only dinner reservations until later in the week, Wed. or Thurs., I don't remember which. We left and went to Honest Johns and had a great time and crossed Katie Bells off our list.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:12 PM
Sage

You'd think, after running a restaurant for so many years, they'd know how to run it.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:18 PM
Platinum member

Their ad in the paper this morning said they were closed today due to a private party.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Can you remember when a gaggle of folks posted how great the new Katie Belle's was going to be ? It's off my list. I especially liked the folks who defended the second floor choice in a retirement community.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Can you remember when a gaggle of folks posted how great the new Katie Belle's was going to be ? It's off my list. I especially liked the folks who defended the second floor choice in a retirement community.
It is a disaster, imo. I loved the secret members only Club atmosphere it had before. Miss it.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:28 AM
Thumbs down The Food--UGH!

I've been to Katie Belles the past two Saturdays. On the first visit I had the prime rib. They should call it a prime rib wafer, it's so thin you could read The Daily Sun through it.

The next time I ordered the fried shrimp, with escargot as an appetizer. The escargot were terrible, just chewy wads of flesh, and the garlic butter was pretty much just butter without the garlic. I couldn't eat them, I left half of them on the tray. The fried shrimp were like some frozen pre-breaded product that you might find at Winn Dixie. Not good, not even close. If it was served in a prison there would be a riot.

I'm going to say it out loud: the food at Katie Belles is ATROCIOUS! I would never take a guest there, I won't even take myself there again.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

I think KB has been surviving on its past reputation or a long time now. Plenty of better places to be had in, and out of TV's. JMO.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:47 AM
Gold member

I'm curious to see what all the snowbirds will think. We've been once, food ok, but overpriced I thought. Are the show nights well attended?
We really miss the lunches downstairs. Quick, decent food, good prices. Of course we miss Tony D😕.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:21 PM
Sage

well, Tony D cannot be replaced....but i have had a few good meals there since it reopened...i miss the saloon atmosphere of the original but.....c'est la vie! they should open a good old fashioned dance hall in brownwood, would fit right in with the theme.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
..i miss the saloon atmosphere of the original but.....c'est la vie! they should open a good old fashioned dance hall in brownwood, would fit right in with the theme.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:15 PM
Eternal Member

We do our Girl's Nights Out here. We always have drinks and then eat. Last time we had 14 of us and we were also celebrating one of the girl's b'days so we brought a cake. Kelly, the bartender, was so awesome cutting & serving the cake.
Service was wonderful and we were all happy with our food.
We have been here over 16 years.
Cattle Baron was our favorite place in the Villages. Loved having drinks on the balcony.
We always liked the old Katie Belles too, however, it is no longer here. Things change and I sure wouldn't waste my time & raise my blood pressure over it.
Not sure why everyone continues to complain about it. It certainly won't bring it back. If you don't like it, just don't go.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:17 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Katie Belle's has sentimental value for some residents. so i can understand the adverse reaction from some posters who were looking forward to their make-over and were disappointed
Old 09-22-2016, 07:42 AM

We were there last evening for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. Food was good, service exceptional and prices were more than fair. Will definitely return.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.