Katie Bell's

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2015, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
I could possibly see that happening in the summer when there are not as many people here, but during the high season, it should be members only, or members and their guests, IMHO. There are clearly enough residents here at that time of year. for it to be profitable.
Only if they attend. There are now a lot of competitors for our food and entertainment dollars and they want there share. We still get a resident discount if we want to go but, I guess, since TV has changed so much, they found a need to change their strategy.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-29-2015, 05:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I heard the executive golf courses were going to be opened to the public after 1 PM. Of course, they will have to pay a green fee.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:20 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I heard the executive golf courses were going to be opened to the public after 1 PM. Of course, they will have to pay a green fee.
Your Source? or Just another rumor to start?
Old 12-29-2015, 07:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Bait!!!!
Old 12-29-2015, 08:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
Your Source? or Just another rumor to start?
I heard it from an ambassador that is a good friend of an in-law of one of the Morrises' housekeeper.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:18 PM

The cost of entertainment is going up here for sure-look at the prices to go to the Sharon, and the announced prices for the shows at Katie Belles are up as well. An informal survey of people at the pools would suggest the snowbirds think the prices are great and that the full timers think they suck. My own opinion would be that acts like Engelbert Humperdinck for prices ranging up to $140 are ridiculous but as long as people are willing to pay these prices things will not change.
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 12-29-2015, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Early on Katie bells had decent food, then down hill from there. If TV can get outside people to pay $$ for dinner shows then good for them.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmemac View Post
The cost of entertainment is going up here for sure-look at the prices to go to the Sharon, and the announced prices for the shows at Katie Belles are up as well. An informal survey of people at the pools would suggest the snowbirds think the prices are great and that the full timers think they suck. My own opinion would be that acts like Engelbert Humperdinck for prices ranging up to $140 are ridiculous but as long as people are willing to pay these prices things will not change.
The prices here "suck"....compared to where????

What other community OFFERS what TV does, with the variety and number of venues that TV does, at generally affordable prices?

What other "retirement" community has live bands/singers 365 days per year on 3 town squares, for FREE???

Katie Belle's needs this facelifting, expansion and reinvention, for one thing, to continue to attract new people to come and live here. Newcomers and buyers are essential. Otherwise, TV will stagnate and wither.

Also, "an informal survey at adult pools" in some areas would indicate, not 'suggest', that they would complain if admission tickets were $3. Some older folks think everyone is trying to rip them off whether it's for $3 or $300. They simply don't want prices set by anyone but themselves--cheapskates that'll never be happy with a price.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:28 PM
Platinum member

Old 12-29-2015, 10:30 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I can buy such a rumor regarding the Championship Courses but not the Executive Courses. The executive courses tee times are close to 100% used (especially during high season) and the Developer maintains ownership of the Championship Courses. Executive Courses are entirely different.

The Developer controls and maintains ownership of the buildings around the three TV Squares.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I can buy such a rumor regarding the Championship Courses but not the Executive Courses. The executive courses tee times are close to 100% used (especially during high season) and the Developer maintains ownership of the Championship Courses. Executive Courses are entirely different.

The Developer controls and maintains ownership of the buildings around the three TV Squares.
Hate to be the one to break it to you but, the Championship Courses ARE
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.

http://golfthevillages.com/images/2015-2016Rates.pdf
Old 12-30-2015, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmemac View Post
I agree. I can't believe that people are paying $250 a seat to see Johnny Mathis.

I said it a long time ago. They made The Sharon too small and put it in the wrong place. A larger venue would have made for lower ticket prices and more people being able to buy tickets.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I agree. I can't believe that people are paying $250 a seat to see Johnny Mathis.

I said it a long time ago. They made The Sharon too small and put it in the wrong place. A larger venue would have made for lower ticket prices and more people being able to buy tickets.
Nail on the head !

Skip
Old 12-30-2015, 12:26 PM
Sage

Yep. They would have been well advised to take a short hop up 75 to visit Peachtree City, GA and see their 2500 seat amphitheater. It is well supported with 1/3 the population of The Villages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post

Old 12-30-2015, 12:40 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Now, would you ask for an ID from the Dr.?

Attachment 56904
You can never have too many doctors in an establishment full of old people.

Closed Thread

Tags
katie, bells, open, public, true, red, news, on-line, opens

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.