Keke's Is AWESOME

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2015, 08:37 AM
Sage
Smile Keke's Is AWESOME

Went there yesterday for lunch. They serve excellent food. I saw many, many affordable meals on their menu not like a previous poster said everything is overpriced. Their menu is huge filled with tons of breakfast (served all day) and lunch items. They are open from 7 - 2:30. I saw tons of awesome looking food coming out of the kitchen. We had the sesame chicken wraps with an oriental dressing with kettle chips and iced tea. $22.00 was our bill for two. You might find things that are about a dollar more than you see them elsewhere but I think the quality is great and so much variety. The restaurant is filled with very comfortable booths that have plenty of room. The one thing lacking is they don't serve soup which I'm hoping they will eventually. They serve lots of salads, sandwiches, paninnis, wraps, burgers plus about 150 breakfast items and about 75 lunch items. This will definitely be my number one breakfast and lunch place. No, I do not work for KeKe's. I just hated to see it get bad reviews when actually it is a wonderful place.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Went there yesterday for lunch. They serve excellent food. I saw many, many affordable meals on their menu not like a previous poster said everything is overpriced. Their menu is huge filled with tons of breakfast (served all day) and lunch items. They are open from 7 - 2:30. I saw tons of awesome looking food coming out of the kitchen. We had the sesame chicken wraps with an oriental dressing with kettle chips and iced tea. $22.00 was our bill for two. You might find things that are about a dollar more than you see them elsewhere but I think the quality is great and so much variety. The restaurant is filled with very comfortable booths that have plenty of room. The one thing lacking is they don't serve soup which I'm hoping they will eventually. They serve lots of salads, sandwiches, paninnis, wraps, burgers plus about 150 breakfast items and about 75 lunch items. This will definitely be my number one breakfast and lunch place. No, I do not work for KeKe's. I just hated to see it get bad reviews when actually it is a wonderful place.
Their menu looks fantastic.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:27 AM
Platinum member

We had breakfast at Keke's this morning. It's a real big place, making getting a table easy. Food was very good and service was excellant!! While, I don't think it is as good as Rae Rae's, I think most people will like it, and because of its size, you won't be waiting as much. Breakfast for two was $33, while an equivalent breakfast at Rae Rae's is $21.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:42 AM
Sage

KeKe's an upscale chain style breakfast and lunch place with delicious fancy looking food. Rae Rae's is a small homestyle restaurant with delicious food. I find it hard to compare as I think they are totally different. They are both good. Price wise though Rae Rae's is cheaper so is price is the most important thing, choose Rae Rae's.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:02 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Kekes' photos don't show tables/chairs - just booths...is this location the same or does it have tables/chairs?

Old 09-13-2015, 06:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Kekes' photos don't show tables/chairs - just booths...is this location the same or does it have tables/chairs?
When I was there all I saw were booths but there could have been a few tables in the back that I didn't see. I did find the booths to be roomy if that helps and I usually like to sit at a table for that reason. I would call and ask because it probably varies from restaurant to restaurant.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
KeKe's an upscale chain style breakfast and lunch place with delicious fancy looking food. Rae Rae's is a small homestyle restaurant with delicious food. I find it hard to compare as I think they are totally different. They are both good. Price wise though Rae Rae's is cheaper so is price is the most important thing, choose Rae Rae's.
I would guess that with the number of people that spend an inordinate amount of time searching for lost golf balls, they're not going to go to an expensive place to eat breakfast.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:46 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I would guess that with the number of people that spend an inordinate amount of time searching for lost golf balls, they're not going to go to an expensive place to eat breakfast.
If I was a person who went out to breakfast several times a week it is a no brainer I would definitely go someplace else because of price. For an outing once in a while for lunch or breakfast absolutely I would go to Keke's. Here is a sample of reasonably priced items: Two egg combo: Two eggs, toast or english muffin and home fries $6.49. French toast $6.99, Florida waffle topped with fresh strawberries, banana, blueberries and powdered sugar $9.99. Burgers (half pound) $7.49. BLT (nice size) $6.99 with kettle chips.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
I noticed tables in front of a booth back with chairs in front of the table.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:01 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

jnieman/NYGUY - Thanx for the info...booth just doesn't provide the support this old back needs these days...straight back chairs are the rule now! Might just hafta give Keke's when the govt check arrives!

Old 09-19-2015, 12:27 PM

Just came from breakfast at Keke's. I had a really good sausage & cheese omelet with home fries and rye toast. Mrs. Chuck had eggs florentine with tomatoes and spinach with home fries. Generous portions and great taste. A bit pricy, so we wouldn't go every morning... but for a 'once in a while' breakfast it's fine.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:43 PM
Sage

Yes you are right they can be pricey. The thing I have found with them that they have many reasonably priced items on the menu... but there are so many delicious things that catch your eye that sound so good you tend to stray from the normal cheaper food to the luscious sounding more expensive food.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:36 PM

Where is keke's? I have been to one in clermont. Although
food is good, it is on the pricey side. I prefer a cheap breakfast and
save my money for a nicer dinner.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:59 PM
Default Rae's is better

Rae Rae's is definitely better in my opinion. Rae's has better service and way better food and is cheaper
Old 10-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

We love Keke's and Rae Rae's. Keke's has more variety, shorter wait times, great staff. Rae Rae's has a more basic selection of food, good staff and is cheaper. Our priority is to eat at places that taste great and when we find them, we expect to pay for the quality. Keke's is a cut above Rae Rae's when it comes to variety and what they do with that variety. Raie Rae's is on our short list because their quality is good but limited variety and longer wait times. If I want cheap I can make breakfast at home.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
lunch, breakfast, items, serve, filled, tons, kekes, wraps, place, menu, food, awesome, room, reviews, plenty, lacking, soup, thing, variety, great, quality, wonderful, comfortable, restaurant, booths

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.