Keke's Is AWESOME

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
KeKe's an upscale chain style breakfast and lunch place with delicious fancy looking food. Rae Rae's is a small homestyle restaurant with delicious food. I find it hard to compare as I think they are totally different. They are both good. Price wise though Rae Rae's is cheaper so is price is the most important thing, choose Rae Rae's.
What in your opinion constitutes an "upscale " breakfast? Are the Chickens that lay their eggs better? Are the pigs that their Bacon comes from better than other pigs? Is there something special about their home fried potatoes that make them better. What the hell makes for an upscale breakfast other than high prices?

Last edited by newguyintv; 10-05-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguyintv View Post
What in your opinion constitutes an "upscale " breakfast? Are the Chickens that lay their eggs better? Are the pigs that their Bacon comes from better than other pigs? Is there something special about their home fried potatoes that make them better. What the hell makes for an upscale breakfast other than high prices?
There is actually a difference in quality in eggs. And pigs. Depends on what they are fed and how they are raised and processed.

But I think what jneiman means by upscale is the complexities of the items. There are your basic diner-type flapjacks & syrup, and then there are your "Florida pancakes," topped with fresh strawberries, banana, blueberries, and powdered sugar.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
There is actually a difference in quality in eggs. And pigs. Depends on what they are fed and how they are raised and processed.

But I think what jneiman means by upscale is the complexities of the items. There are your basic diner-type flapjacks & syrup, and then there are your "Florida pancakes," topped with fresh strawberries, banana, blueberries, and powdered sugar.
And you can tell the difference????
Old 10-05-2015, 04:08 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts
Default Where is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneman View Post
Where is keke's? I have been to one in clermont. Although
food is good, it is on the pricey side. I prefer a cheap breakfast and
save my money for a nicer dinner.
Where is it if we want to go? Darrel's Diner in southwest TV is ok but certainly not upscale---Upscale breakfast seems difficult to describe except lots of variety and above average prices.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Where is it if we want to go? Darrel's Diner in southwest TV is ok but certainly not upscale---Upscale breakfast seems difficult to describe except lots of variety and above average prices.
It's in the shopping center on the corner of 441 and Rolling Acres Road next to Kirklands and the Honey Baked Ham store.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
And you can tell the difference????
Yes, I can.

I can also tell the difference between a plain pancake andonewith fruit and powdered sugar on it!
Old 10-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts
Default Not golf cart accessible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
It's in the shopping center on the corner of 441 and Rolling Acres Road next to Kirklands and the Honey Baked Ham store.
Thank you for the location. I was hoping it was in South TV and golf cart accessible.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Yes, I can.

I can also tell the difference between a plain pancake andonewith fruit and powdered sugar on it!
Me too, but I sure can't tell you which chickens and which pigs were fed just what.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Let me try to help. The posters have confused you. You do not want an "upscale" breakfast!! Breakfast is a "lowscale" meal...grease is "KING" and seasoning is utmost. For instance Rae Raes home fries are killer...Kike's are OK. It's OK if the place is clean (but, not required), but definitely not "upscale"!!!
Old 10-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Me too, but I sure can't tell you which chickens and which pigs were fed just what.
Which is why you and NYGUY shouldn't go to Kekes' or any other food place that serves anything other than regular eggs, cheap bacon and other usual fare. Another part of upscale it the "place" itself, type of silverware, plates, napkins etc. Being from NY I would have thought you might be the expert on this stuff.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-06-2015, 04:51 AM
Sage

I noticed. A man in Kekes yesterday who was so large thar even sitting all the way back in the booth he could not sit comfortably. Sometimes it's nice to be able to push your chair back s bit!
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-06-2015, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
Let me try to help. The posters have confused you. You do not want an "upscale" breakfast!! Breakfast is a "lowscale" meal...grease is "KING" and seasoning is utmost. For instance Rae Raes home fries are killer...Kike's are OK. It's OK if the place is clean (but, not required), but definitely not "upscale"!!!
No NYGUY, they haven't confused me. I agree with your assessment completely. And no, I don't want an upscale Breakfast because as you say, no such thing exists. Can't believe how some of these posters have such strange views of restaurants and restaurant food. Takes all kinds , I guess.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
I noticed. A man in Kekes yesterday who was so large thar even sitting all the way back in the booth he could not sit comfortably. Sometimes it's nice to be able to push your chair back s bit!
Maybe he should have sat at a table?

Tags
lunch, breakfast, items, serve, filled, tons, kekes, wraps, place, menu, food, awesome, room, reviews, plenty, lacking, soup, thing, variety, great, quality, wonderful, comfortable, restaurant, booths

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.