keke's is open

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2015, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Different strokes for different folks. Some eat food, some eat price some search for a compromise......that's why most of the breakfast places survive. When the season is in full motion all of them will have lines for breakfast.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Skip, As a person who enjoys food, I would like to Thank you for letting us know aabout kekes. Keep up the good work. Ignore the negative comments. Some people would complain if you hung 'em with a new rope.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:08 AM
Sage

Sorry Skip, got you confused , with the first person who did a review of KEKE's, that person was an insider trying to promote the joint
Old 09-07-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
Review posted was for a super deluxe breakfast. Pancakes, fruit, bacon and an egg for $13 isn't bad.
Can be had at Denny's for about $8-9.00! Less if you have AARP Card!
Old 09-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Gold member

Just got back. Tried it for a late lunch, but ate off the breakfast menu. Food was good, but not special. To be fair, we did not eat pancakes, which appears to be their flagship menu item. Food is a bit over priced. Add 4 strips of bacon for $3.99..a buck a slice.

Here is what struck me. The staff outnumbered the diners by a lot. I counted 25 staff members....20 in black and 5 in white (supervisors). You can see into the kitchen, so the 20 includes the kitchen staff. At one time, seven of the wait staff were standing together in a group chatting...the restaurant version of the office water fountain. It is a big room with what I would assume to be a big utility bill and along with the payroll and rest of the overhead, I think it will be hard for them to crack the nut, especially since they are not golf cart accessible.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:53 PM

We went on Saturday and today. I had an omelette on Saturday with potatoes and toast.The potatoes were very salty, too much pepper and few of them. The omelette was a good size but certainly not 'fluffy'. The toast was soggy from the butter and barely toasted. My hubby had 2 eggs, potatoes and toast. The bill was about $20.00. We had one order of 3 pancakes and a side order of ham this morning and the bill was about $18.00 with tip. I thought it was a little high for this morning but no complaints regarding Saturday morning. I will say I their pancakes are the best I've had here in Florida. The service was beyond good. Both mornings, the place had about 4 tables of customers.....hopefully they will do better or they won't be able to survive! The place is nice inside and quite large. I would definitely go back again ~ hoping they 'tone down' the potatoes or I'll just order them without any seasoning, if possible. We did like Keke's more than Rae Rae's although we have only been to Rae Rae's once.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
Just got back. Tried it for a late lunch, but ate off the breakfast menu. Food was good, but not special. To be fair, we did not eat pancakes, which appears to be their flagship menu item. Food is a bit over priced. Add 4 strips of bacon for $3.99..a buck a slice.

Here is what struck me. The staff outnumbered the diners by a lot. I counted 25 staff members....20 in black and 5 in white (supervisors). You can see into the kitchen, so the 20 includes the kitchen staff. At one time, seven of the wait staff were standing together in a group chatting...the restaurant version of the office water fountain. It is a big room with what I would assume to be a big utility bill and along with the payroll and rest of the overhead, I think it will be hard for them to crack the nut, especially since they are not golf cart accessible.
It's not unusual for a restaurant company opening a new location to bring in experienced staff from other places to help out and continue training. When my son opened a new place in Tampa, they brought in staff from CT, Atlanta, and even the corporate chef for a few weeks. Another factor that surprised me was the number of people he hired that showed up one day and not again. He's now in Atlanta for an opening there. So, I doubt the level of staffing you saw will continue. If it does, I agree that's a large nut to overcome.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:34 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Breakfast my favorite meal. Where is this new place?
Old 09-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Bosoxfan

Anybody willing to let us know where KEKE's is located!
Old 09-07-2015, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Breakfast my favorite meal. Where is this new place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Anybody willing to let us know where KEKE's is located!
Try reading the OP.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Sorry Skip, got you confused , with the first person who did a review of KEKE's, that person was an insider trying to promote the joint
Chatbrat:
Now how do you know that?

The people who write reviews are all...
1. residents of The Villages and
2. are dues paying members of the club.
If you read the review, it says:
"Large menu; but small font size....Our total came to $28 before t&t. Pretty high for breakfast."
The reviewer gave it a 12 out of 15 Stars. (Not a perfect score by any means.)

So you think that's the restaurant owner rating his own place do you?

The Gourmet Club has a lot more integrity than that and you don't see one bit of advertising on their website. Seems to me they serve our residents (for almost 10 years now), not the restaurants.

So I respectfully disagree. I don't see any "shills" here.

Skip
Old 09-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Try reading the OP.
I just did and still don't know where it is!
Old 09-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
I just did and still don't know where it is!
Click on the gourmet club Facebook page link.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynsol View Post
Can be had at Denny's for about $8-9.00! Less if you have AARP Card!
Funny

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-08-2015, 04:59 AM
Sage

Skip, the original post about KEKE's was pulled from the site it was blatant advertising , reading from a company script
Closed Thread

Tags
kekes, open, cafe, breakfast, skip, bigapplause, wait, hooray, read, clubs, gourmet, villages, page

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.