Linguinos

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Default Linguinos

Just got back from Linguinos in Spanish Springs and will not be going back. Started with wait time in being seated. No one out front, and eventually some guy came into the restaurant and said would go and get someone for us. He went back to the kitchen and came back out and told us the waiter would be right out, he was in kitchen getting order. Now there was only 4 other people sitting in a booth, and 2 more at the bar. Who this guy was, have no idea but he stayed and went back into kitchen area. Some other waitress, or I assume was a waitress walked by without any acknowledgement. She was just in a t shirt and shorts, not dressed appropriately for this type of restaurant.

Finally was seated and asked the waiter more about the advertised specials on the board when we walked in. He informed us that those were the specials from last night! Why would they still be up at 2 p.m.?

Three of us ordered salad and my husband ordered soup. Brought our salads, never brought his soup. He told them to just forget it because our man in course would be coming. My Ceasar salad didn't taste like a Ceasar at all and chicken Marsala was terrible. Tasted like a beef bouillon cube broth poured over chicken and fettuccine noodles. We all had something different, and three of us really dissapointed. My one friend said he did like his shrimp in the shrimp scampi.

Had a bad experience with service about a year ago and haven't been back, but wanted to give ita second chance. Well, not only is the service terrible, but the food is worse. Taking this one off of my dining list.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

We went there once and never returned. The service was horrendous and the food was mediocre at best.

It's Luigino's by the way, not Linguinos.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:02 PM

Went to linguinos once and food and service was very good!
Old 07-05-2015, 11:02 PM

Your experience during the first few minutes should have been a clue to exit the place!!!
Old 07-06-2015, 12:49 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
We went there once and never returned. The service was horrendous and the food was mediocre at best.

It's Luigino's by the way, not Linguinos.

I agree never again!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 07-06-2015, 01:02 AM
Sage

Its amazing this place is still in business--guess there are lots of people who don't have a clue what real Italian food is--they must think that Chef Boyardee is the greatest
Old 07-06-2015, 07:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Its amazing this place is still in business--guess there are lots of people who don't have a clue what real Italian food is--they must think that Chef Boyardee is the greatest
This thread is about a particular restaurant.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:31 AM
Eternal Member

I totally agree with the negative comments about dining at Luigino's - on the inside restaurant.

However, the outdoor bar is very good. All day $2 drafts, $4 glasses of wine, and always one specialty drink. Pizza is excellent!
Old 07-06-2015, 08:58 AM
Send a message via AIM to jim1941

The "Hawaiian Pizza" is to die for......)
Old 07-06-2015, 11:44 AM
Gold member

Went once, that was enough.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:18 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
Went once, that was enough.
Only restaurant I've ever walked out of.Usually give places a second chance but not this place.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:32 PM
Gold member

Wow! I am surprised at the negative reviews.

We have dined there several times and have always had very good food and service. The owner was there one night to celebrate the local manager's promotion. They were at a table next to us and the owner made a point to talking to our teen grandson's and asked us if we enjoyed our meal. He then proceeded to bring a piece of the cake for their celebration to each of our grandsons. service above and beyond.

We had 13 there for a family birthday dinner and the service was great and the food excellent. Everyone said to make it a tradition.

Maybe they have some "off" days, but we have alwasy had good food and service.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
I think that the restaurant is probably supported by the outside bar. It makes sense that they scrimp on payroll and products for the food because they probably don't make a lot of money from it. But, it seems that any time I go by there after 3:00 in the afternoon, the bar is packed.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
back, kitchen, service, waiter, walked, chicken, waitress, specials, linguinos, shrimp, told, ceasar, terrible, soup, brought, guy, seated, salad, ordered, restaurant, marsala, tasted, beef, forget, bouillon

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.