Horse & Hounds Restaurants, Ocala FL

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Platinum member
Default Horse & Hounds Restaurants, Ocala FL

Not exactly around the corner, does anyone have any experience with the Horse & Hounds Restaurant? There are two locations in Ocala. The menu looks good and affordable.

Welcome to Horse and Hounds! - Horse and Hounds Restaurant
Old 01-09-2013, 08:43 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
Not exactly around the corner, does anyone have any experience with the Horse & Hounds Restaurant? There are two locations in Ocala. The menu looks good and affordable.

Welcome to Horse and Hounds! - Horse and Hounds Restaurant
Have been to both and enjoyed both. What I like you may not like would be my disclaimer. Enjoyed the food at both. I feel the one on Silver Springs Blvd is the better of the two.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Sage

I've been to the one on Rt. 27. The "horsy" decor is quite charming. The menu is ambitious. The food is good, not extraordinary. Not cheap.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 01-10-2013, 12:53 AM

Been there love it. Sometimes you need to make a reservation unless you don't mind waiting.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Platinum member

Have been to the one on 27. Probably at least 4 years ago, so who knows what's up now? Then, it was superb, and they took special care of our party celebrating a special anniversary!

SWR
Old 01-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Veteran member

Been to the one in SS, we were'nt impressed and felt it was overpriced. Just our opinion, not bashing it, just not for us.....
Old 01-16-2013, 01:43 PM

Been to the one on 27...Love the ambiance; food is good though a tad pricey...Have brought guests there when exploring the Horse Farms in Ocala....Fun place
Old 01-17-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdlfan View Post
Been to the one in SS, we were'nt impressed and felt it was overpriced. Just our opinion, not bashing it, just not for us.....
Agree 100%
Old 02-04-2013, 03:11 PM

Agreed, food was good, but that was years ago.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
Have been to both and enjoyed both. What I like you may not like would be my disclaimer. Enjoyed the food at both. I feel the one on Silver Springs Blvd is the better of the two.
We finally tried H&H on Silver Springs Blvd in Ocala tonight. It was approx 30 miles (a 40 minute drive) made easier with a Garmin. We were a party of four and everyone enjoyed the whole experience. At 6:15 PM on a Friday, the restaurant was full but we were seated promptly. (Would have never happened here!) Nice selection of craft beers. Service and food were excellent. IMHO, the prices were comparable to restaurants around TV (happy hour from 5-7 PM). For a change it was nice to find some place away from the bubble. It's in a very nice section of Ocala.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.