Liver and Onions

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2013, 11:45 AM

When we were at The Riverfront Hotel last week The Liver and Onions Club was in the dining room. We laughed when we saw the name of the club. The Villages really does have a club for everyone's "taste"
Old 01-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I'm all for that. Anybody else? Or is it going to be Gracie, Sweetie, Helene, Ron and I!
I'm in!

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaniesmom View Post
I'm in!
I would love to go, but we won't be there till April. My husband does not like it either, and its hard to find decent liver to cook and no fun by yourself. I'll look forward to hear where you are going to go and how it is. Enjoy!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Sounds like fun to me!

I don't indulge often for the very reason you stated. But we could have an every other month liver get together.

Oh boy, you really want me to retire… I love liver and onion and grew up with this once a week… This sound like a good excuse to get together… But once every other month sounds like me waiting 4 years to retire… so far out of reach… Hope you get this and enjoy… I make them often, calf, chicken, liver pate, yummy!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:51 PM

If you allow visitors, we'll be there the last week of March. My wife absolutely loves them...and I can get them down without embarassing her. Actually I like fried chicken livers...haven't had them in years. The calves liver, again, I can choke it down.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

Let me and Angel know date and time as we both do Liver and Onions. Would love it if we can fit it into our schedule. Ok to send a PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaniesmom View Post
I'm in!
I'm keeping a list of people who want to go.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:12 PM

I’ll make time, where, when love good liver and lots of onions. Toojays? Assume a restaurant or is this the chef at Palmer Legends?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Gold member

I had read before about how great Toojay's chicken livers were. Told hubby about it because he just loves fried chicken livers, so we went. He looked at the menu before we were seated and didn't see "fried" chicken livers and then he asked if they were fried and was told no they don't fry then. Needless to say, we left, stopped at the store, bought some and came home and fried them ourselves.

BTW for those of you that have had the chicken livers, how do they cook them??
Old 01-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxgal View Post
I had read before about how great Toojay's chicken livers were. Told hubby about it because he just loves fried chicken livers, so we went. He looked at the menu before we were seated and didn't see "fried" chicken livers and then he asked if they were fried and was told no they don't fry then. Needless to say, we left, stopped at the store, bought some and came home and fried them ourselves.

BTW for those of you that have had the chicken livers, how do they cook them??
Do you mean that your hubby likes them breaded and deep fried? On their menu, Toojays says they are sauteed. That's the same thing as fried to me, unless you mean breaded and fried. Toojays is on Canal St. up by Sumter (gawd, I hope I'm right!).

We used to sail from MI up to the North Channel in Canada. There was a Hungarian restaurant on an island, the most wonderful restaurant for being in such an out-of-the-way place. They sauteed strips of beef liver and red and green peppers and onions, in kind of a marinara sauce. It's not how I ever had liver, but I still drool when I think of that meal.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:57 PM
Default liver and onions...

my father's favorite meal. however, his version of liver was calves liver (not chicken liver) and sauteed onions. where's the best place for that combo of liver and onions??? thanks.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Do you mean that your hubby likes them breaded and deep fried? On their menu, Toojays says they are sauteed. That's the same thing as fried to me, unless you mean breaded and fried. Toojays is on Canal St. up by Sumter (gawd, I hope I'm right!).

We used to sail from MI up to the North Channel in Canada. There was a Hungarian restaurant on an island, the most wonderful restaurant for being in such an out-of-the-way place. They sauteed strips of beef liver and red and green peppers and onions, in kind of a marinara sauce. It's not how I ever had liver, but I still drool when I think of that meal.
Beef liver he eats sauteed but not the chick livers. They have to be breaded and deep fried.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhpaul View Post
my father's favorite meal. however, his version of liver was calves liver (not chicken liver) and sauteed onions. where's the best place for that combo of liver and onions??? thanks.
According to Gracie's earlier post, Toojays has excellent beef liver as well as chicken livers. Also, someone said Palmers Legend, and I think I saw it on their menu last year.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:16 PM
Sage

Toojay's liver and onions is as good as I've had anywhere. Dellicious.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 01-27-2013, 05:12 AM

MiMi's cafe on state road 200 in Ocala.
MENU | DINNER
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.