Looking For aGood Pizza

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Veteran member
Default Pizza

[QUOTE=Chatbrat;1282134]The admiral is in the mood for pizza-we like NY style thin crust and the restaurant must have a full bar.

Hi, we do this. Go to the market, get a flat prepared crust, empty, get a bottle of pasta sauce, get some of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ground beef, sausage, mushrooms, olives, bacon, pineapple, ham,,,,,,,, not all of them, just your favorites. Need a flat pan or cast iron flat skillet.

We put the sauce on, we add the ingredients with the cheeses we like, two or three, and bake it in the oven, until the crust is turning brown. We have a beer or two of choice.

It is great, you may want to do this, you can also control the surroundings. !!!!!!
bbbbbb
Old 09-05-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Angies Pizza is on our list of go to places at Christmas time. I knew Mike Angeletti years ago. Donatos is good, too. For pizza here, we like Mallory CC.
We used to love Donatos too. After they were bought out and then took it back it has never been the same.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:55 AM
Sage

We generally make our own pizza, but were getting a little stir crazy with all the rain

IMHO-Chicago pizza isn't a pizza its a casserole--

Heard in the on of the restaurant here" the food stinks & the portions are small"
Old 09-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Our vote goes to....." Bravo " Sumter Landing....

Our thumbs down goes to NYPD Pizza on CR466...in fact they should be Arrested for Imitating good Pizza !
Old 09-05-2016, 08:37 AM

Red Sauce in Lake Sumter Square. Full bar and good pizza.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:59 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

So, preferring a Napoli style of pizza, is there any place that does a true thin crust, drizzled with EVOO(extra virgin olive oil), and topped with prosciutto,arugula,and mushroom?
Old 09-08-2016, 07:14 PM

OK my two cents. I was born and raised in NYC and then spent 40 yrs. in MI. I've never lost my yen for NY style pizza. The pizzas at Cane Garden and Mallory Hill are OK but their a little small for me and the quality varies depending in the night and who is making them. I've been to NYPD twice. The last time there it was mediocre with an edge crust of about 2 inches. Bravo in Lake Sumter is pretty good. The thin pizza has a good crust and it's piping hot when you get it. I know that they have beer and wine and don't know if they have a full bar. For those that like Flippers I hear that one will be opening in the new Publix mall near the Rohan rec center. While not a fan of all deep dish pizzas I did like Buddy's Pizza in the Detroit area.
One big complaint I have is that there are no pizza places in Brownwood. I'm really tempted to open a NY style pizza place there and sell good bagels in the mornings.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
So, preferring a Napoli style of pizza, is there any place that does a true thin crust, drizzled with EVOO(extra virgin olive oil), and topped with prosciutto,arugula,and mushroom?
Giovani's in Publix plaza on 466. Chef credentials are there on the wall--born and raised in Naples and did culinary school and worked professionally there. I think it's the best Italian in TV (Chefs of Napoli on 301 would be #2). Giovani's is small, so it gets crowded at peak times.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Last time I had "for me" good pizza was at Valentinos small chain started in Nebraska I think. Next would be the old godfathers special when godfathers had restaurants. IMO pizza is an acquired taste and it varies depending on where you lived. IMO cheap pizza don't make it good and most likely bad and expensive pizza don't garrentee it taste great either.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemalloy View Post
....One big complaint I have is that there are no pizza places in Brownwood. I'm really tempted to open a NY style pizza place there and sell good bagels in the mornings.
Please, Please, do it, we need it.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:48 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemalloy View Post
One big complaint I have is that there are no pizza places in Brownwood. I'm really tempted to open a NY style pizza place there and sell good bagels in the mornings.
If you're talking real water bagels with a schmear, we're in!
Old 09-12-2016, 08:59 AM
Gold member

Who is The Admiral?
Old 09-12-2016, 11:10 AM
Sage

The Admirals my wife-we lived on a motor yacht for 6 years and did over 30k miles cruising the waterways-commuted from Fl every spring to Canada and cooler environs--I was the Captain & the Admiral is boss
Old 11-04-2016, 02:02 AM

Try Eddie's on Hillside Ave. in New Hyde Park, NY. YUM!!!! Oh. Here. I make good pizza.
Closed Thread

Tags
pizza, full, bar, restaurant, luna--hows

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.