Lopez

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2016, 03:29 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by don4345 View Post
Our group went to Lopez to play golf. When we got finished we go to the pool bar, have some pictures of beer and talk about our round. Lopez decided that they no longer serve pictures of beer instead they serve craft beer at $5 a pop and that was happy hour.
We decided not only to stop going to the pool bar we will not play Lopez anymore until they start serving pitchers again, also no more dinners.
There are 20 to 28 players that will no longer go to Lopez.
GOODBYE, SOLONG FAREWELL.
DON CARLIN
Good for you Don. The Villages restaurants seem to believe that they have a captive audience. stand your ground. Most restaurants make their money at or over the bar so their move is economically logical. My wife and I never buy drinks out won't waste our money on empty calories
Old 10-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I could see if they say we are never going back to the pool bar, but to never play golf there or never eat in the restaurant sounds a little over exaggerated.
How much is over exaggerated over just exaggerated?
Old 10-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
I agree with you. Pitchers of beer usually run $8-$12 for 4 pints of beer. I am sure you can all do the math...some people like pitchers and especially with 20-28 people, it's easier on the wait staff. You can go to so many other places that do serve beer the way you like it. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
What happened to $5 pitchers?
Old 10-02-2016, 04:03 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
This too funny, Lopez to expensive for some of the well to to do's. Even some people living the high life don't like getting fleeced! Think about it, 28 people drinking $5 beers x3 versed 6 pitchers beer. Pretty expensive pee water!
Actually you get about 4 pints of beer in a pitcher, so, using your assumption of 3 beers per person, that would be 84 beers or about 21 pitchers. No idea what they charged for a pitcher.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by debow View Post
I think it is a high end pool bar. I've had lunch there. Good food but pricey. Based on all the negative comments, here and other posts, not sure they will be successful.
It's definitely a "high-end pool bar"...as far as their prices.

The rest (decor/furnishings/ambience)?

Certainly not commiserate with their "high-end" prices.

My weekly group used to like to go to the pool bar after playing, but since they've reopened and although we still play the course(s)...we just go to Beef 'O'Brady's up at Mulberry for lunch instead.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Actually you get about 4 pints of beer in a pitcher, so, using your assumption of 3 beers per person, that would be 84 beers or about 21 pitchers. No idea what they charged for a pitcher.
If they are drinking that much beer, I hope they are driving their golf carts, and not their cars.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Maybe you have a drinking problem. Hope you're not driving.

I'm sure there will be 28 others to take your place.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 10-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
How much is over exaggerated over just exaggerated?
Hmmmmm..... good question. I'll have to ponder that for awhile.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
It's definitely a "high-end pool bar"...as far as their prices.

The rest (decor/furnishings/ambience)?

Certainly not commiserate with their "high-end" prices.

My weekly group used to like to go to the pool bar after playing, but since they've reopened and although we still play the course(s)...we just go to Beef 'O'Brady's up at Mulberry for lunch instead.
So you dumped the newly renovated Lopez Pool Bar cause it lacked decor, furnishings & ambiance.........and opted for Beef O' Brady' s instead???? Uhhh.......OK, if you say so! lol
Old 10-02-2016, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyNJ View Post
So you dumped the newly renovated Lopez Pool Bar cause it lacked decor, furnishings & ambiance.........and opted for Beef O' Brady' s instead???? Uhhh.......OK, if you say so! lol
You need to reread my post.

I simply stated that Lopez Pool's prices are 'high-end,' but the rest isn't...of which everyone in my golf group (16-24) agrees.

Beef 'O' Brady's doesn't try to pretend to be high-end...and neither do their prices.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Eternal Member

I have not been to the Pool Bar at Lopez but do enjoy the Lopez Legacy restaurant.

Great happy hour - and draft beers are $1.85. Food is probably the best in The Villages, too.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Sage

I agree with everything negative said about the pool bar. No clue what 'they'were thinking... BUT I do not believe the course and the pool bar are connected. I now play the course, but drift to Glenview after.

I really liked the old pool bar... oh well... but I still like to play the course
Old 10-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

The bar does not have a full liquor license. How can you have a pool bar with no pina coladas or rum runners? Unheard of. A disqualifier for sure.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
What happened to $5 pitchers?
I don't know of any place in or around TV that serve $5 pitchers, but if you know of any and want to share, I am all ears!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2016, 06:50 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don4345 View Post
Our group went to Lopez to play golf. When we got finished we go to the pool bar, have some pictures of beer and talk about our round. Lopez decided that they no longer serve pictures of beer instead they serve craft beer at $5 a pop and that was happy hour.
We decided not only to stop going to the pool bar we will not play Lopez anymore until they start serving pitchers again, also no more dinners.
There are 20 to 28 players that will no longer go to Lopez.
GOODBYE, SOLONG FAREWELL.
DON CARLIN
I think the pool bar is a bit pricey and it would not be my first choice for lunch after a round of golf. It will do well through snow bird season and might struggle next spring. That said, not playing Lopez is a bit extreme. But ok great! That is 28 fewer tee times I will have to compete with. Good luck on your future playing.

Tags
lopez, beer, decided, longer, serve

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.