Lopez Pool Bar

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Lopez Pool Bar

Does anyone know if the Lopez pool bar reopened yet?
Old 08-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Platinum member

It looks like when it reopen it will be called Oasis Burger Company. There have been adds in the paper looking for help. I hope they don't screw it up !!!!
Old 08-08-2016, 03:10 PM
Sage

I was up there for tennis today. They are having a soft opening tomorrow, invitation only. They still haven't announced when they will be fully open. A friend saw the menu and it's got a large number of specialty burgers but not much other variety. I'll be back up there on Friday...will be curious to see if it is open for all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2016, 03:46 PM
Default Now the Oasis Burger Conmpany

Ate there today after golf. Remodeled. Screens are gone and all seating under the roof are heavy "lifeguard" style chairs which are difficult to move up to the table once you are seated. The menu is new and lacks small items like soup or appetizers. There are several burgers and dogs as well as a couple of salads. Prices are noticeably higher than the previous menu. The Baja Beef Salad was a nice, tasty offering but I would only rate it as fair for value because of the $12.90 price. This location used to be a lower priced option to dining in the onsite restaurant. Now you can dine inside at Lopez for the same price and have a much larger menu to choose from. See photo of the new menu.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	OBC Menu.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	61357  
Old 08-10-2016, 05:25 PM
Platinum member

Wow! Those are expensive sandwiches! I think I will continue to go the 5 minutes up to Beef O'Bradys or down to GlenView.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:23 AM
Veteran member

Manhattan prices
Old 08-11-2016, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
Manhattan prices
Seems pricey to me. The free market will decide. If it is REALLY yummy, it may be worth it.

Our expert on fine dining needs to try it and tell us if it cuts the mustard. It will depend on the size and quality of the drinks for him as well.

I don't drink. I can't say I never drank. I just decided to stop because I was beginning to think I was intelligent and beautiful.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:58 AM
Default Opened Wednesday

Ate at Lopez Tuesday night. Server said staff had eaten lunch at the pool bar Tuesday. They plan to open to the public this past Wednesday. Have not been back to check.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 08-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Default OBC - Oasis Burger Company - at Nancy Lopez Pool

Just re-opened this week after over 6 months of being closed for renovation. My husband and I had lunch there today. Food was great, server was great, but there are disappointments. NO Happy Hour - who ever heard of that in TV. Draft Ultra $4/glass. All other beverages (soda and water) are bottled. No mixed drinks - just beer/wine/soda water - and no tap water, just bottled. Burgers are mostly gourmet. Also, Dogs are offered and 2 salad choices mentioned by another reviewer. So, quite limited menu. We had a mushroom burger w/slaw and a meatloaf burger with sub fries for +$1 and 2 ultras - bill was $36.36. With our $7 tip we spent $43.36 for lunch - a little on the pricey side even if the food was very good. I think I can get a black and blue burger at the bar in the Lopez restaurant at the same or better price and get a beer on happy hour or soda with refills.

Can't comment on the adirondeck chairs as we sat out by the pool in the priority area, but they do not look comfortable for a sit-up-to-the-table environment.

Hope they take a second look at the changes they made - all may not be the best for TV community. Hours are 11 - 7. No breakfast and no Friday night burger special with music. I'm afraid the updated decor does not make up for the take aways for the customer.

Last edited by lynne; 08-15-2016 at 07:19 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:39 PM
Platinum member

Any reviews yet?
Old 09-07-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne View Post
Just re-opened this week after over 6 months of being closed for renovation. My husband and I had lunch there today. Food was great, server was great, but there are disappointments. NO Happy Hour - who ever heard of that in TV. Draft Ultra $4/glass. All other beverages (soda and water) are bottled. No mixed drinks - just beer/wine/soda water - and no tap water, just bottled. Burgers are mostly gourmet. Also, Dogs are offered and 2 salad choices mentioned by another reviewer. So, quite limited menu. We had a mushroom burger w/slaw and a meatloaf burger with sub fries for +$1 and 2 ultras - bill was $36.36. With our $7 tip we spent $43.36 for lunch - a little on the pricey side even if the food was very good. I think I can get a black and blue burger at the bar in the Lopez restaurant at the same or better price and get a beer on happy hour or soda with refills.

Can't comment on the adirondeck chairs as we sat out by the pool in the priority area, but they do not look comfortable for a sit-up-to-the-table environment.

Hope they take a second look at the changes they made - all may not be the best for TV community. Hours are 11 - 7. No breakfast and no Friday night burger special with music. I'm afraid the updated decor does not make up for the take aways for the customer.
My Wednesday golf group visited the Oasis after golf today. 9 of the 11 left without eating after looking at the menu which several others have basically described as limited and very pricy for a crumby pool bar. Of the 11, four of us run groups of between 8 -16 players who intend to boycott the Oasis Burger Company in favor of several decent and more reasonable restaurants in Mulberry Plaza on each of the 15-20 times annually that we play at Lopez. Made our feeling known to the new Manager who indicated she would advise "Mr. John" of our concerns. Another complaint we offered was that they now have no tables that seat more than six people. Don't they realize that they formerly catered to large groups of golfers at tables that would accommodate the entire group. Thanks for the upgraded facility Mr John but we liked our old Pool Bar venue, not the upscale rip off version that you have created. If you want to visit us to discuss this further when we eat after golf you'll just have to go down the block to visit with us at Beef O'Bradys. Oh, by the way, $3.95 is a bit much for a side of waffle fries and $2.75 for a coke with no refills ain't no bargain either as was the $2.95 Glass of Lemonade.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Wow! Those are expensive sandwiches! I think I will continue to go the 5 minutes up to Beef O'Bradys or down to GlenView.
Ate there the other day. Wonderful burger, fries were great but very pricey. Not sure,I can afford to go back.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne View Post

$15 plus each hamburger, fries, and drink! No thanks, I wait till I get home. But, maybe good deal for people who can't cook or have money to burn
Old 09-07-2016, 04:01 PM

Too bad

The pool bar was a favorite of my Saturday foursome when we played up north. The food was good and reasonably priced.

Never made it to the BOGO burgers on Friday, but I heard it was fun.

I guess they have to pay for the renovations.

Probably go to Sammy Joe's for a slice and beer now.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Veteran member

Hacienda still has their pool bar and bar menu with a really good $5 cheeseburger that comes with fries. Also, the grouper nuggets are fantastic!
Closed Thread

Tags
lopez, bar, pool, reopened

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.