McDonalds 466A

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2017, 06:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The last couple of times I've gone to McDonalds at Colony I've had to circle the building 3 or 4 times to get a parking space. In fact I saw a few people parking at PDQ next door and walking over since their lot was half empty. I've tried PDQ, the salad, the nuggets and the sandwich, and didn't like any of them. Chick Filet is way better, next time you go, see how busy PDQ parking lot isn't. I have no complaints with McD's, 2 Egg McMuffins for $3.50 has been going on for a quite awhile and they still taste good to me, also their pancakes.
no one goes there anymore--it's too busy!!!
Old 03-17-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post

Is that a hyperbole or an oxymoron? The finer points of grammar are momentarily evading me.
Either way it's funny
Old 03-18-2017, 02:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The last couple of times I've gone to McDonalds at Colony I've had to circle the building 3 or 4 times to get a parking space. In fact I saw a few people parking at PDQ next door and walking over since their lot was half empty. I've tried PDQ, the salad, the nuggets and the sandwich, and didn't like any of them. Chick Filet is way better, next time you go, see how busy PDQ parking lot isn't. I have no complaints with McD's, 2 Egg McMuffins for $3.50 has been going on for a quite awhile and they still taste good to me, also their pancakes.
It's interesting that you say you prefer Chick Filet over PDQ. Most food at Chick Filet is pre-made, waiting for someone to order it.

As a for-instance, PDQ salads and sandwiches are freshly made; when you order a salad -- that's when it's made; sane with their sandwiches, nuggets and tenders. Their fried chicken tenders and nuggets are hand breaded in their own recipe, fried and not greasy.

Their salad with chicken in tossed in their own blueberry dressing or what ever other dressing you choose. All their dressings are their own recipe and freshly made daily, not in an already made package. You won't find anything pre-packaged at PDQ.

And you say you prefer pre-fab Chick filet? You must have been in the Army and loved the food!

Getting back to the hamburgers, I'll take Wendy's over Mickey D's any day. Their meat is fresh and never frozen.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Ahhh yes. I agree.

There are McDonald's snobs. We aren't them.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:

Excellent...YOGI!
Old 03-18-2017, 06:02 AM

My wife and I ate at Wendy's last week after not having been to a Wendy's in a couple years.I ordered a double which I had always ordered. I noticed the burger was much smaller not only in width but the burgers were thinner than cardboard,what happened?
Old 03-19-2017, 07:04 AM
Veteran member
Talking Hooray for Wendy's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberschaf View Post
My wife and I ate at Wendy's last week after not having been to a Wendy's in a couple years.I ordered a double which I had always ordered. I noticed the burger was much smaller not only in width but the burgers were thinner than cardboard,what happened?
Since it's been a few years, could it be your eye sight?

Or perhaps it's what happens to us as the years pass us by and we simply forget??!?

Wendy's, however small, is still a better burger than Mickey D's. And they give you lettuce, tomato and onion on the small one (value size), too.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:24 AM
Gold member
Default Ummm....

Quote:
If it's "too busy" then obviously someone must go there. As a matter of fact a lot of people my go there.

If you were being sarcastic then you'll have to give some sort of hint.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
If it's "too busy" then obviously someone must go there. As a matter of fact a lot of people my go there.

If you were being sarcastic then you'll have to give some sort of hint.
That was one of many famous quotes from Yogi Berra. I don't think it was meant to be sarcastic.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

His actual quote was:

'No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded'.

Gotta love the Yogisms - even us non-Yankee fans.

Looking thru his quotes is like déjà vu all over again.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
It's interesting that you say you prefer Chick Filet over PDQ. Most food at Chick Filet is pre-made, waiting for someone to order it.

As a for-instance, PDQ salads and sandwiches are freshly made; when you order a salad -- that's when it's made; sane with their sandwiches, nuggets and tenders. Their fried chicken tenders and nuggets are hand breaded in their own recipe, fried and not greasy.

Do you know why Chick Filet has to premake all their foods? It's because they're too busy to make them when ordered. Go check out the Chick Filet on 441/27 next to Outback, then go to the PDQ at Colony. The Chick Filet does more business in an hour than PDQ does on an 8 hour shift. I still don't care if PDQ makes their food when I order, it doesn't taste good.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Does anyone know what part of a Chicken the McNuggets come from?
Old 03-19-2017, 01:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Does anyone know what part of a Chicken the McNuggets come from?
The nugget--what else?
Closed Thread

Tags
mcdonalds, home, year, served, prior

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.