McDonalds 466A

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Default McDonalds 466A

Never fails. Had not eaten all day awaiting a 2 PM epidural spinal procedure and when finished said to my wife on the way back, " I'm really hungry, let's stop at McDonald's and get some take out to take home . A Big Mac, some fries and a Chocolate Shake sounds really good about now ". Got it home and the poppy seed bun was so stale it must have come out of the package yesterday, the burgers were dried out and appear to have been cooked about 9AM and the " special sauce so abundant some how it actually started to dissolve the petrified roll it was served on. From prior posts it is evidently a total waste of time to complain to the local franchise owner , but I will be letting McDonalds " World Headquarters Planet Earth " in on why their same store sales seem to be dropping year after year.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:00 PM
Thumbs down

Yep, its pretty bad there! Wish we had a wendy's or an alternate burger joint.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:30 PM
Sage

Went to the store 5 years ago when we first moved to the TV, Have never stepped in since--nuff said
Old 03-01-2017, 05:55 PM

Decided to try my FIRST Big Mac a week ago. Excited about the sauce, and, as the above comment also stated, the amt. I was given was barely visible with the naked eye. No, I did not complain, as it was lunchtime and the ordering area was packed. Left unhappy.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
I will be letting McDonalds " World Headquarters Planet Earth " in on why their same store sales seem to be dropping year after year.
Make a copy of the receipt and send it with your letter or email. They can track down everything about that order (who was on duty etc.) and you will get a reply from Oakbrook, Ill.

Skip
Old 03-02-2017, 08:47 AM
Gold member
Default McDonalds Has Jumped the Shark

I knew that McDonalds had "jumped the shark" when, on a drive south from NY to TV, I stopped in South Carolina for a quick iced coffee in the middle of the afternoon. Several people were working the counter and kitchen, only a couple customers eating, and I was the only person waiting at the counter. They took my order and money and gave me one of those electronic restaurant devices that notify you when your table is ready. I couldn't believe it. After more than five minutes, my device lit up and my iced coffee was ready. Really? Fast food? That was (hopefully) my last visit ever to a McDonalds.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:18 AM
Default McDonalds Turn?

Must be McDonalds turn in the whipping barrel. Some of us do have too much free time.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 03-02-2017, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf-Tinker View Post
Must be McDonalds turn in the whipping barrel. Some of us do have too much free time.
I like McDonalds. Don't have any trouble with quality. It is fun to have a quarter pounder and fries and a shake every once in awhile. Both our kids worked at McDonalds in High School and Helene made it her job for many years. They both told how they had to clean UNDER the tables after close.

Great business, dependable food. Yummy if you are hungry for it.

When the kids were tiny, our Friday night was going for groceries and eating at McDonalds. Good memories.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Gold member

I feel the same way, we were always at micky-d's kids love the nuggets, i loved the french fries, none better...and the kids would spend hours paying on the playground...

BUT, that was then.....25 years ago.....things have changed since then......employees don't get paid enough for what they are expected to do....

Its just not the same....
Old 03-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Default mickey-d's

I also like McDonalds. Don't have any trouble with their quality. It is consistent, and you get what you pay for. Cleaner than most restaurants, especially the chinese and BK, sorry BK but if you want to survive use a mop.

Most kids get their first work experience at M. They are well trained and the service as a whole is very good.

I have no affiliation or stock in M, just a happy customer !
Old 03-02-2017, 11:06 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts

We have been going to MCDonald's ever since there was a McDonald's. We lived on their food and Krystal Burgers when we were young in college and broke. What you must remember is that they are franchises and a few of them can be poorly managed. Now that we are rich (isn't everybody in The Villages) we drink their coffee and sometimes have breakfast and it's pretty good IMHO. Occasionally, we have a burger and fries for ol' times sake and 95% of the time it's good. You can get a bad meal anywhere including McDonalds. Find out the owners and make your case---they will usually listen and make changes or they will be out of business.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
Never fails. Had not eaten all day awaiting a 2 PM epidural spinal procedure and when finished said to my wife on the way back, " I'm really hungry, let's stop at McDonald's and get some take out to take home . A Big Mac, some fries and a Chocolate Shake sounds really good about now ". Got it home and the poppy seed bun was so stale it must have come out of the package yesterday, the burgers were dried out and appear to have been cooked about 9AM and the " special sauce so abundant some how it actually started to dissolve the petrified roll it was served on. From prior posts it is evidently a total waste of time to complain to the local franchise owner , but I will be letting McDonalds " World Headquarters Planet Earth " in on why their same store sales seem to be dropping year after year.
I lodged a complaint with the owner about a year ago. He could not care less. Burger King would be a HUGE improvement.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Johnny Rockets at LSL makes a decent burger (at a reasonable price) ...suggest you try them!

In a way its arcane that when Johnny Rockets (JR) first opened at LSL it was a company owned store and it was a dump, dirty and no one cared (the way people are now describing McDs on 466a). After many complaints to JR HQ they finally sold it off to a franchisee, who turned the place around and now its a fairly thriving business serving brekfeast, lunch and dinner.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:48 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Haven't been to McD for 3+ years or so. Went to the one on 466a then and...same old yuck.

Remember yearsssss ago when McD was an infant and the burgers were .15 and the fries were .10 and shakes .20?
And the actual arches on the building? I was in Chicago area back then where McDs blossomed.

The taste of the "food" was really yummy, esp the fresh burger/bun and crispy fries in that little white envelope holder.

I must REALLY be getting old to talk about a "Remember When???"
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	oldschoolmcdonalds.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	66384  
Old 03-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I go to the Colony McDonalds about 2 or 3 times a month for lunch, but usually order breakfast. I get pancakes for $3.19 or lately the Egg McMuffins have been on sale for 2 for $3.50 and it's all been good. If I buy lunch type food, it's usually the regular 89cent hamburgers and fries, I've had no problems with those either. I also eat there on the premises, so maybe since it's still fresh and warm instead of take-home, it tastes better for that reason.
Closed Thread

Tags
mcdonalds, home, year, served, prior

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.