McDonalds 466A

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2017, 10:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
Never fails. Had not eaten all day awaiting a 2 PM epidural spinal procedure and when finished said to my wife on the way back, " I'm really hungry, let's stop at McDonald's and get some take out to take home . A Big Mac, some fries and a Chocolate Shake sounds really good about now ". Got it home and the poppy seed bun was so stale it must have come out of the package yesterday, the burgers were dried out and appear to have been cooked about 9AM and the " special sauce so abundant some how it actually started to dissolve the petrified roll it was served on. From prior posts it is evidently a total waste of time to complain to the local franchise owner , but I will be letting McDonalds " World Headquarters Planet Earth " in on why their same store sales seem to be dropping year after year.
I learned this trick somewhere along the way. Order your burger or chicken with one thing not standard; like a McChicken with cheese or burger with no ketchup. That way they at least have to make it or assemble it while you wait. I almost always get the fresher version. Ketchup is an easy condiment to add after the fact. I don't like ketchup...so I order my burger with mayo!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2017, 10:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
I learned this trick somewhere along the way. Order your burger or chicken with one thing not standard; like a McChicken with cheese or burger with no ketchup. That way they at least have to make it or assemble it while you wait. I almost always get the fresher version. Ketchup is an easy condiment to add after the fact. I don't like ketchup...so I order my burger with mayo!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Have it youuuuurrrrr way... oh wait. That was BK.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:29 PM
Veteran member

I also reported them. Same issue. Dried up stale buns and day old burgers. Will never go back there.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
Never fails. Had not eaten all day awaiting a 2 PM epidural spinal procedure and when finished said to my wife on the way back, " I'm really hungry, let's stop at McDonald's and get some take out to take home . A Big Mac, some fries and a Chocolate Shake sounds really good about now ". Got it home and the poppy seed bun was so stale it must have come out of the package yesterday, the burgers were dried out and appear to have been cooked about 9AM and the " special sauce so abundant some how it actually started to dissolve the petrified roll it was served on. From prior posts it is evidently a total waste of time to complain to the local franchise owner , but I will be letting McDonalds " World Headquarters Planet Earth " in on why their same store sales seem to be dropping year after year.
Went there decided not to wait in long line at drive-in so I went inside, all I wanted was an ice cream cone waited in line 10 minutes, to be fair it was 1:30PM, finally got to the counter and, the the young lady said we don't have any now! REALLY middle of the day no ice cream that means no shakes, YOU got a stale bun on the same day what gives, she did ask me however if I wanted fries instead, good up sell, but no sale and I left, won't go back we need a REAL ice cream place in COLONY!
Old 03-03-2017, 09:13 AM

I have no problem with the quarter pounders. We buy one and get one free. On your receipt there's a website to go to and complete a survey, you get a code and this gets you a free 1/4 pounder.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

If you drop a McDonald's fry between your seat it stays the same for months. Might eat there once a year, our grands won't eat there so no reason to drive by
Old 03-03-2017, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

What I've always noticed here and in Chicagoland (where their headquarters are) is that the quality varies front location to location. Maybe the equipment is different or the employees prepare it differently, but it's not the ingredients as the same food truck delivers to that geographic location.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Chi-Town; 03-03-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:40 AM
Platinum member

The good news is they are going to start having delivery.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-04-2017, 03:43 AM
Veteran member

Right next to this McDonald's is PDQ which has been opened a little over a year. No -- they don't have burgers but they do have some excellent things to choose from.

Their chicken salad (a salad with chicken -- grilled or fried) is excellent. Their fried chicken tenders are excellent.
All their sauces are freshly made every day, as is their three choices of different teas.
Their sandwiches are all good, depending upon what you like, but all their food is freshly made and made fast.

Service is friendly and good. Give them a try; you may be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by Mrs. Robinson; 03-05-2017 at 04:22 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:24 AM
Veteran member

Need a White Castle --- never a problem
Old 03-05-2017, 04:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
The good news is they are going to start having delivery.
Delivery? Are you serious?
There is nothing worse than cold fries!
Old 03-17-2017, 01:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
Right next to this McDonald's is PDQ which has been opened a little over a year. No -- they don't have burgers but they do have some excellent things to choose from.

Their chicken salad (a salad with chicken -- grilled or fried) is excellent. Their fried chicken tenders are excellent.
All their sauces are freshly made every day, as is their three choices of different teas.
Their sandwiches are all good, depending upon what you like, but all their food is freshly made and made fast.

Service is friendly and good. Give them a try; you may be pleasantly surprised.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:52 PM
Platinum member
Default not a great MacD price either

Unless you use a coupon the prices are not that great anymore either. Much rather go next door.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The last couple of times I've gone to McDonalds at Colony I've had to circle the building 3 or 4 times to get a parking space. In fact I saw a few people parking at PDQ next door and walking over since their lot was half empty. I've tried PDQ, the salad, the nuggets and the sandwich, and didn't like any of them. Chick Filet is way better, next time you go, see how busy PDQ parking lot isn't. I have no complaints with McD's, 2 Egg McMuffins for $3.50 has been going on for a quite awhile and they still taste good to me, also their pancakes.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The last couple of times I've gone to McDonalds at Colony I've had to circle the building 3 or 4 times to get a parking space. In fact I saw a few people parking at PDQ next door and walking over since their lot was half empty. I've tried PDQ, the salad, the nuggets and the sandwich, and didn't like any of them. Chick Filet is way better, next time you go, see how busy PDQ parking lot isn't. I have no complaints with McD's, 2 Egg McMuffins for $3.50 has been going on for a quite awhile and they still taste good to me, also their pancakes.
Closed Thread

Tags
mcdonalds, home, year, served, prior

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.