Men wearing hats in restaurants.

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2017, 12:10 AM

The Villages Florida
Old 04-05-2017, 05:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
I just returned from a Caribbean cruise. At dinner in the Main Dining Room (Moonlight Sonata), a Villager was at his table with his ball cap on. The Head Waiter asked the man to remove his cap. The Villager got irate, yelled a few choice words, forcibly grabbed his wife by the wrist, and stormed out of the dining room, dragging his wife behind.

Glad I was not sitting at his table. Actions like that give The Villages a worse name than the imaginary sexual wonderland that so many have of our community.

Guys, leave those ball caps at home when going to a restaurant!
The guy obviously showed his ignorance by not obeying the rules on what is acceptable to wear while dining.

All Cruise Ships have a Dress Code...All

It clearly states that Baseball Caps are " Not Allowed " along with a whole laundry list of restrictions on what is acceptable, and more important Not Acceptable.

Worse though is when Adult Child showed his cowardly behavior by grabbing his wife and hauling her away. A cruise from Hell for her.

Last edited by 600th Photo Sq; 04-05-2017 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
There was a separate thread about women.
Your right there is. I will make a comment on this. There are different rules for Ladies on what is acceptable to wear while dining.

The one that sticks out loud and clear is Baseball Caps are " Unacceptable " for Ladies to wear while dining.

So Ladies you fall into the Men category on this.Leave the Cap in the Garage.

Actually I see very few ladies wearing caps or visors in a restaurant..
Old 04-05-2017, 06:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

11 pages now on what I previously believed, was a universal acceptance on what is appropriate...and a display of simple manners.

I guess you just never know.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,298 Times in 819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
11 pages now on what I previously believed, was a universal acceptance on what is appropriate...and a display of simple manners.

I guess you just never know.
Going for 12 pages - that's some hat trick.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:14 AM

Since when was it considered rude or disrespectful to wear red lipstick? Actually red lipstick is considered more formal, for evening. Men's hats are removed out of respect but personally I don't care.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardWalker View Post
Since when was it considered rude or disrespectful to wear red lipstick? Actually red lipstick is considered more formal, for evening. Men's hats are removed out of respect but personally I don't care.
Most men I know wearing black tie go with a more natural look, like chapstick.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Going for 12 pages - that's some hat trick.
lol
... and yet not one person can say WHY it's rude.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
lol
... and yet not one person can say WHY it's rude.
Did your mother allow you to wear a ball cap while eating dinner at the table? Would she have ever allowed you to eat dinner in a restaurant or at family friend's dinner table while wearing your dirty, sweat stained ball cap?

As far as why it is rude - just common courtesy! Is picking your nose at the table rude? Is a loud burp in a restaurant rude? Is a loud fart in the elevator rude? Is taking off your shoe and smelling the inside of it in church rude? Is passing the shoe to your wife in church for her to smell rude?

Answer to all the above is YES. Common courtesy is WHY. How did your mother raise you?
Old 04-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,298 Times in 819 Posts

Quote:
Did your mother allow you to wear a ball cap while eating dinner at the table? Would she have ever allowed you to eat dinner in a restaurant or at family friend's dinner table while wearing your dirty, sweat stained ball cap?

As far as why it is rude - just common courtesy! Is picking your nose at the table rude? Is a loud burp in a restaurant rude? Is a loud fart in the elevator rude? Is taking off your shoe and smelling the inside of it in church rude? Is passing the shoe to your wife in church for her to smell rude?

Answer to all the above is YES. Common courtesy is WHY. How did your mother raise you?
That's a trick question. Is there anyone else in the elevator?
Old 04-05-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
that's a trick question. Is there anyone else in the elevator?
lol....:
Old 04-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:

If you actually have to explain that being 'rude' is primarily ignoring (or maybe not knowing) what has been accepted as societal norms of decency and courtesy...then you're probably wasting your typing.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

If you actually have to explain that being 'rude' is primarily ignoring (or maybe not knowing) what has been accepted as societal norms of decency and courtesy...then you're probably wasting your typing.

Bob!!!
Old 04-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Veteran member

Wow so many of you need to get over yourselves. Why worry about what others wear. Something really objectionable is the stench some spray on themselves. Obvivious to the fact some are scent sensitive.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:39 PM
Platinum member

To be honest, I am distracted by people on cell phones, loud talkers, and unruly children and never give much thought to people in caps or hats. I suppose I would take notice if someone was wearing a a loin cloth and a tinfoil helmet, but I just don't even notice the folks in ball caps.

Tags
opinions, restaurants, wearing, hats, men

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.