Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Mezza Luna - Dinner Last Night (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/mezza-luna-dinner-last-night-92603/)

chuck90199 11-03-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhrc4 (Post 773490)
That's fine I'll be Perception you can be Reality, I don't need a reply I know what the outcome will be. Oh one small suggestion Bring ear plugs.

Had dinner there last night with a friend. The hostess indicated they're not officially open yet, but they have a limited menu. We had to wait close to 45 minutes for a table. The place was mobbed. Funny, but we were able to carry on a conversation quite well even with every table filled and standing room only at the bar. You probably won't need ear plugs.

JSR22 11-03-2013 01:10 PM

Lunch

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck90199 (Post 773496)
Had dinner there last night with a friend. The hostess indicated they're not officially open yet, but they have a limited menu. We had to wait close to 45 minutes for a table. The place was mobbed. Funny, but we were able to carry on a conversation quite well even with every table filled and standing room only at the bar. You probably won't need ear plugs.

We had lunch at Mezza Luna yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the pizza. The place was full and not noisy. The service was excellent. We are going there for dinner Tuesday evening.:mmmm:

rubicon 11-03-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonny (Post 768344)
Mezza Luna will be opening soon. When they firm up an opening date, I'll try to remember to post it.
We went last night with friends for dinner. Right now they are doing a few nights with friends & family.
We had 6 of us and it was delicious !! We all ordered our own appetizers, soup or salad and meal.
For appetizers we had crab cake balls, stuffed mushrooms, calamari and coconut shrimp.
Then for our soup or salad choice we choose minestrone, pasta fagioli & ceasar salad.
For our meals, I had Penne Rosina (I asked for angel hair pasta instead, no problem), hubby had Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo (my favorite) others had Ravioli, Penne Arrabiata, Sirloin and a Shrimp dish.
The owners are all nice. It's very pretty inside. We looked at all the prices and they are very reasonable.
I think this will be a popular place. I love the bar and there are 5 TVs around the bar area.
Happy Hour is very good. 11:00 - 7:00. $5.00 martinis, $2.95 house wines and well drinks were either $2.25 or $2.50. I can't remember which.
Great bartenders that a lot of you will know. "Grandpa" Jeff, Fran and Darci. Not sure who else.

Geezzz I have all that stuff week in and week out at home. Isn't there a good American restaurant around here:D

BarryRX 11-03-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhrc4 (Post 772764)
I looked through the window 11/2/13 and the impression that I have if you are looking for a quiet place to have Lunch/Dinner this is not going to be your first choice. To me it looks like a very small version of Carrabbas located in Lady Lake, complete with a bar to the left rear. The tables are very close together with a few booths.

I wish them well, but. The food is really going to have to be Outstanding in order for them to get repeat customers. That folks is reality and the bottom line.

This is a first, even for TOTV. A negative review from someone who looked through the window.

gongoozler 11-03-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryRX (Post 773517)
This is a first, even for TOTV. A negative review from someone who looked through the window.

Must have been a review by a window shopper!

A-4 Skyhawk 11-03-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhrc4 (Post 772764)
I looked through the window 11/2/13 and the impression that I have if you are looking for a quiet place to have Lunch/Dinner this is not going to be your first choice. To me it looks like a very small version of Carrabbas located in Lady Lake, complete with a bar to the left rear. The tables are very close together with a few booths.

I wish them well, but. The food is really going to have to be Outstanding in order for them to get repeat customers. That folks is reality and the bottom line.

Their food is GREAT. You should have gone in.

Indydealmaker 11-03-2013 04:43 PM

I just came inside from one of our daily neighborhood street meetings. Two of our neighbors were raving the whole time about their meals at Mezza Luna. These fine Italian folks have eaten at Mezza Luna twice in the last two days. Their descriptions of the food was accompanied by lots of hand-waving so you know it was an authentic Italian review!

ednagrahm 11-03-2013 04:59 PM

I love Veal Parm. How is it at Mezza Luna?

tommy steam 11-03-2013 05:59 PM

Do they have a web site up and running yet? I know they have one for their Jersey place. It would be nice to order online for takeout.

Villageshooter 11-03-2013 06:51 PM

Do they take Cici's coupons

Hancle704 11-03-2013 07:47 PM

Are deaf dogs permitted?

skyguy79 11-04-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy steam (Post 773627)
Do they have a web site up and running yet? I know they have one for their Jersey place. It would be nice to order online for takeout.

You'll find the answer to your question in my prior post #21 on this thread... https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...94-post21.html

tommy steam 11-04-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy79 (Post 773873)
You'll find the answer to your question in my prior post #21 on this thread... https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...94-post21.html

Thank you.

Bonny 11-04-2013 10:55 AM

Went last night and sat at the bar. The place was full and it looked like everyone was having a good time and enjoying their meals.
They are not open for dinner yet. We ordered after they were done serving meals. You could get pizza, flatbreads and the pizza roll in the bar area.
We ordered a pepperoni pizza and a pizza roll.
The pizza is a little thinner than I usually like but I must say the flavor was very good and I really liked the crispy crust. We enjoyed it. The pizza roll is delicious and is served with a yummy marinara. Our pizza roll had cheese, pepperoni and sausage in it.
We ran into several people there that we know and we all had a nice time.

Mary Lou 11-04-2013 07:29 PM

We had dinner there tonight. Went around 5 and there was no wait. I had chicken Marsala which was just OK - salty due to the prosciutto and a rather bland sauce. My husband had the chicken parmigiana and it was great. We will be back to try other things on the rather lengthy menu. Oh - Happy Hour from 11 - 6pm. $3 house wine and $2 drafts.