» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Mezza Luna - Dinner Last Night
Old 10-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Platinum member

Thumbs up Mezza Luna - Dinner Last Night

Mezza Luna will be opening soon. When they firm up an opening date, I'll try to remember to post it.
We went last night with friends for dinner. Right now they are doing a few nights with friends & family.
We had 6 of us and it was delicious !! We all ordered our own appetizers, soup or salad and meal.
For appetizers we had crab cake balls, stuffed mushrooms, calamari and coconut shrimp.
Then for our soup or salad choice we choose minestrone, pasta fagioli & ceasar salad.
For our meals, I had Penne Rosina (I asked for angel hair pasta instead, no problem), hubby had Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo (my favorite) others had Ravioli, Penne Arrabiata, Sirloin and a Shrimp dish.
The owners are all nice. It's very pretty inside. We looked at all the prices and they are very reasonable.
I think this will be a popular place. I love the bar and there are 5 TVs around the bar area.
Happy Hour is very good. 11:00 - 7:00. $5.00 martinis, $2.95 house wines and well drinks were either $2.25 or $2.50. I can't remember which.
Great bartenders that a lot of you will know. "Grandpa" Jeff, Fran and Darci. Not sure who else.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Gold member

Thanks, Bonny!
Looking forward to giving it a visit!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2013, 11:32 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Mezza Luna will be opening soon. When they firm up an opening date, I'll try to remember to post it.
We went last night with friends for dinner. Right now they are doing a few nights with friends & family.
We had 6 of us and it was delicious !! We all ordered our own appetizers, soup or salad and meal.
For appetizers we had crab cake balls, stuffed mushrooms, calamari and coconut shrimp.
Then for our soup or salad choice we choose minestrone, pasta fagioli & ceasar salad.
For our meals, I had Penne Rosina (I asked for angel hair pasta instead, no problem), hubby had Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo (my favorite) others had Ravioli, Penne Arrabiata, Sirloin and a Shrimp dish.
The owners are all nice. It's very pretty inside. We looked at all the prices and they are very reasonable.
I think this will be a popular place. I love the bar and there are 5 TVs around the bar area.
Happy Hour is very good. 11:00 - 7:00. $5.00 martinis, $2.95 house wines and well drinks were either $2.25 or $2.50. I can't remember which.
Great bartenders that a lot of you will know. "Grandpa" Jeff, Fran and Darci. Not sure who else.
Is this in Brownwood or Colony? I know there are new Italian restaurants opening in both places.

Thanks!

Mary Lou
Old 10-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Platinum member

This is in Colony where CiCi's used to be.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We look forward to good Italian food---never get enough. When is it projected to open to the public? Thanks for the "heads up" review.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I had the pleasure of eating at Mezzaluna in Manalapan NJ, and if the food is as good, it will be a keeper

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages

Last edited by Shirleevee; 10-25-2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleevee View Post
I had the pleasure of eating at Mezzaluna in Manalapan NJ, and if the food is as good, it will be a keeper
Lived in Manalapan but never ate there, Anxious to try it out here in the Villages.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
We look forward to good Italian food---never get enough. When is it projected to open to the public? Thanks for the "heads up" review.
Probably one day next week.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Gold member

I played golf at Havana yesterday and a couple of people there who live in Sanibel said they heard it was opening next Tuesday.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Platinum member

Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Sounds great and I can't wait for them to open, although they will have a hard time beating the the quality of food that was served at CiCi's (only kidding).
Closed Thread