Mezza Luna - Dinner Last Night

Closed Thread
Old 11-03-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrc4 View Post
That's fine I'll be Perception you can be Reality, I don't need a reply I know what the outcome will be. Oh one small suggestion Bring ear plugs.
Had dinner there last night with a friend. The hostess indicated they're not officially open yet, but they have a limited menu. We had to wait close to 45 minutes for a table. The place was mobbed. Funny, but we were able to carry on a conversation quite well even with every table filled and standing room only at the bar. You probably won't need ear plugs.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck90199 View Post
Had dinner there last night with a friend. The hostess indicated they're not officially open yet, but they have a limited menu. We had to wait close to 45 minutes for a table. The place was mobbed. Funny, but we were able to carry on a conversation quite well even with every table filled and standing room only at the bar. You probably won't need ear plugs.
We had lunch at Mezza Luna yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the pizza. The place was full and not noisy. The service was excellent. We are going there for dinner Tuesday evening.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Mezza Luna will be opening soon. When they firm up an opening date, I'll try to remember to post it.
We went last night with friends for dinner. Right now they are doing a few nights with friends & family.
We had 6 of us and it was delicious !! We all ordered our own appetizers, soup or salad and meal.
For appetizers we had crab cake balls, stuffed mushrooms, calamari and coconut shrimp.
Then for our soup or salad choice we choose minestrone, pasta fagioli & ceasar salad.
For our meals, I had Penne Rosina (I asked for angel hair pasta instead, no problem), hubby had Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo (my favorite) others had Ravioli, Penne Arrabiata, Sirloin and a Shrimp dish.
The owners are all nice. It's very pretty inside. We looked at all the prices and they are very reasonable.
I think this will be a popular place. I love the bar and there are 5 TVs around the bar area.
Happy Hour is very good. 11:00 - 7:00. $5.00 martinis, $2.95 house wines and well drinks were either $2.25 or $2.50. I can't remember which.
Great bartenders that a lot of you will know. "Grandpa" Jeff, Fran and Darci. Not sure who else.
Geezzz I have all that stuff week in and week out at home. Isn't there a good American restaurant around here
Old 11-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
I looked through the window 11/2/13 and the impression that I have if you are looking for a quiet place to have Lunch/Dinner this is not going to be your first choice. To me it looks like a very small version of Carrabbas located in Lady Lake, complete with a bar to the left rear. The tables are very close together with a few booths.

I wish them well, but. The food is really going to have to be Outstanding in order for them to get repeat customers. That folks is reality and the bottom line.
This is a first, even for TOTV. A negative review from someone who looked through the window.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
This is a first, even for TOTV. A negative review from someone who looked through the window.
Must have been a review by a window shopper!
Old 11-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I looked through the window 11/2/13 and the impression that I have if you are looking for a quiet place to have Lunch/Dinner this is not going to be your first choice. To me it looks like a very small version of Carrabbas located in Lady Lake, complete with a bar to the left rear. The tables are very close together with a few booths.

I wish them well, but. The food is really going to have to be Outstanding in order for them to get repeat customers. That folks is reality and the bottom line.
Their food is GREAT. You should have gone in.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up

I just came inside from one of our daily neighborhood street meetings. Two of our neighbors were raving the whole time about their meals at Mezza Luna. These fine Italian folks have eaten at Mezza Luna twice in the last two days. Their descriptions of the food was accompanied by lots of hand-waving so you know it was an authentic Italian review!
Old 11-03-2013, 04:59 PM

I love Veal Parm. How is it at Mezza Luna?
Old 11-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Gold member

Do they have a web site up and running yet? I know they have one for their Jersey place. It would be nice to order online for takeout.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Veteran member

Do they take Cici's coupons
Old 11-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Gold member

Are deaf dogs permitted?
Old 11-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy steam View Post
Do they have a web site up and running yet? I know they have one for their Jersey place. It would be nice to order online for takeout.
You'll find the answer to your question in my prior post #21 on this thread... https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...94-post21.html
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 11-04-2013, 07:52 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
You'll find the answer to your question in my prior post #21 on this thread... https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...94-post21.html
Thank you.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Eternal Member

Went last night and sat at the bar. The place was full and it looked like everyone was having a good time and enjoying their meals.
They are not open for dinner yet. We ordered after they were done serving meals. You could get pizza, flatbreads and the pizza roll in the bar area.
We ordered a pepperoni pizza and a pizza roll.
The pizza is a little thinner than I usually like but I must say the flavor was very good and I really liked the crispy crust. We enjoyed it. The pizza roll is delicious and is served with a yummy marinara. Our pizza roll had cheese, pepperoni and sausage in it.
We ran into several people there that we know and we all had a nice time.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:29 PM

We had dinner there tonight. Went around 5 and there was no wait. I had chicken Marsala which was just OK - salty due to the prosciutto and a rather bland sauce. My husband had the chicken parmigiana and it was great. We will be back to try other things on the rather lengthy menu. Oh - Happy Hour from 11 - 6pm. $3 house wine and $2 drafts.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.