Never again to Evans Prairie for us!

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2015, 03:18 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
I don't understand what I said either. We over-tipped a couple of times, but wait staff is so underpaid, it was okay.
I do NOT agree! Yes, most wait staff is underpaid but I'm NOT inclined to try to make up for that by over tipping for POOR and rude service! We've "overtipped" probably much more than we've under tipped! Life is confusing enough without having to guess the total amount of your check each time! From the majority of these posts I'd venture to guess that these restaurants are in trouble. Time will tell!
Old 06-14-2015, 03:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The point I wish to make us we have had great food and service every time we have been there. Yesterday We sat on The back porch and enjoyed being with our friends in such a beautiful place in The Villages. Pinch me. It can't be real.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
I do NOT agree! Yes, most wait staff is underpaid but I'm NOT inclined to try to make up for that by over tipping for POOR and rude service! We've "overtipped" probably much more than we've under tipped! Life is confusing enough without having to guess the total amount of your check each time! From the majority of these posts I'd venture to guess that these restaurants are in trouble. Time will tell!
Our wait staff has never been rude or short.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Have to agree with VJ. Have only eaten there 3x, last in April, but the service was polite and timely and the food excellent. We arrived with a neighborhood group of 10, no long wait and no attitudes. The manager came over just to ask us if everything was OK. Nobody was messing with a discount card, but it is hard to believe it would make much of a difference
Old 06-14-2015, 06:07 PM
Sage

I've always enjoyed good food and service at Evans Prairir. I took my sister in law there for lunch and the waitress said to her you're not enjoying your sandwich, are you? And brought her something else. I thought that was unusually good service.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 06-14-2015, 06:17 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

OP, sorry to hear that the service and management of Evans Prairie were less than satisfactory during your recent visit. Besides EP and Bonifay isn't OB and BG also under the same management? The three times we Visted EP this past winter were all satisfactory.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:20 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
OP, sorry to hear that the service and management of Evans Prairie were less than satisfactory during your recent visit. Besides EP and Bonifay isn't OB and BG also under the same management? The three times we Visted EP this past winter were all satisfactory.
We had a party of 8 last night at Belle Glade and the food and service was excellent.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:24 PM
Location: East Alton, IL (near St. Louis, Mo), Duval, St. James and hopefully lastly Collier

My only complaint against EP (in case they are monitoring this) is that they did away with my favorite dish...the roasted vegetable flatbread. PLEASE bring it back!
Old 06-14-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank N Judy View Post
Sounds about right for Evans Prairie, you get the same obnoxious attitude at Bonifay I won't go to either one again.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:36 PM
Platinum member

EP is a favorite of ours. It's always been good. Maybe John was the issue!
Old 06-14-2015, 10:13 PM
Platinum member

I am beginning to believe John may have been the problem and I'm sorry as we all have problems that could cause us to be at our worst. BUT the manager could surely see there was a problem and he could have "diffused" the situation by apologizing when he went back up front right past our table! Seems petty now considering the real problems we are faced with at this time!
Old 06-14-2015, 10:56 PM
Gold member

We've had good experiences at Evans Prairie but then the two bad experiences this year (with manager fully informed and denying the complaint) were so bad that we decided "never again".

The real problem with that is that the same restaurant management group controls so many of the country club restaurants here in TV. A monopoly is never a good thing for the customer!

The attitude we got was "we could care less if you don't come back.....TV is flooded with people in high season, so we can do just fine without people who won't return".
Old 06-15-2015, 06:11 AM

We ate at EP yesterday after golf. One of my favorite places. Our server, Kim, was very pleasant and efficient. I presented her with a coupon from The Villages Golf Magazine for a free beer with lunch. She wasn't familiar with it but quickly checked with the manager. No problems what so ever with our food or the check - which included $10 off from the Loyal Tee card. I think it is important to remember to apply the tip to the total bill before discounts. The wait staff is usually working very hard to provide good service, but we all have our days I guess.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:51 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I usually give a restaurant a second chance, even after bad service and poor food. They don't get a third chance, though. However, when the manager cops an attitude, then I would be hard-pressed to come back. Servers have bad days. Some shouldn't ever serve and are usually culled quickly. Here's hoping John just was having a really bad day and that wasn't his norm. However, the manager should have been a lot more personable, explaining the billing procedure and making sure you left satisfied. He did not do his job. I doubt I would go back to a restaurant where the manager was as ungracious as what Wendy described.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-15-2015, 07:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count'n the days View Post
We ate at EP yesterday after golf. One of my favorite places. Our server, Kim, was very pleasant and efficient. I presented her with a coupon from The Villages Golf Magazine for a free beer with lunch. She wasn't familiar with it but quickly checked with the manager. No problems what so ever with our food or the check - which included $10 off from the Loyal Tee card. I think it is important to remember to apply the tip to the total bill before discounts. The wait staff is usually working very hard to provide good service, but we all have our days I guess.
You nailed the explanation. The initial bill has the full price so the tip will be calculated on the full amount not the discounted amount. Duh Joyce. Guess too many $3 martinii.

Tags
card, table, discount, check, manager, buffalo, experience, john, times, ordered, water, eat, brought, hed, back, end, night, asked, restaurant, evans, prairie, place, checks, muttered, pay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.