New Bob Evans Colony Location

Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2016, 10:51 AM
Default New Bob Evans Colony Location

Does anyone know when the new Bob Evans in the Colony Shopping Center area will be open and if so, will they have a "Soft Opening"?
Old 12-27-2016, 10:53 AM

I read a couple of weeks ago that Jan 17th is the date.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:52 PM

We sure need a breakfast place in that area. And all day too !
Old 12-28-2016, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,146 Times in 2,245 Posts

My wife is planning on going the 15th.... she cannot wait, for this and the new wawa.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:29 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Went to Bob Evans Colony. service good, waitress a delight, my meal horrible . also check your bill. I ordered soup and a meal. they tried to charge me a $1.00 more because they billed the soup as a side order Summing up they charged me full price for the soup and full price for the meal and then penalized me $1.00 for ordering more off their menu. their logic escapes me but their questionable practice did not.

If restaurants are doing this as a general practice then it benefits a customer to order soup ask for the bill then order a meal and then ask for another bill
Old 02-25-2017, 07:52 AM
Gold member

Other than breakfast I would not go there again. I had a terrible dinner there. Their so called sirloin steak is terrible.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
Other than breakfast I would not go there again. I had a terrible dinner there. Their so called sirloin steak is terrible.
I suggest you try their pot roast, mashed potatoes and gravy or their big breakfast for supper. Bob Evans is a very decent place to eat and has good Midwestern stuff. Try it again, Rubicon.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I love the new Bob Evans. We've eaten a couple of hundred times at the old location on 466. I get coupons emailed and when I had one for lunch, I said let's try something different, we'll go the new one and each lunch.

I had the larger lunch size pot roast for $9.99, which comes with mashed potatoes, which are underneath, also great rolls. We went on a Friday two weeks ago and then the last two mondays and I ordered the pot roast each time. The only discrepancy was the first time they brought a side order of cole slaw, which I thought was great, the best since Red Lobster's cole claw. The next time I ordered, no cole slaw and I asked why, they said it didn't come with cole slaw. After I checked the menu they were right, so the first time they messed up in my favor.

They still have some bugs to work out. The first time there the hostesses wasn't writing down names, but we did get a table quickly and in order with our arrival. The fellow helping the hostess I had small talk with, and found out he had never been in a Bob Evans before. The second time there I believe a manager seated us, and that is when I found her later and discussed the cole slaw. She said if I get the pot roast sandwich, it comes with fries and cole slaw. I haven't quite figured out how they make a pot roast sandwich, I asked if it was open face, and they said no. She was even incorrect, cole slaw is available but for a $1 extra with the pot roast sandwich.

The third time there we had a really jolly host seat us, and we ended up buying 3 of their coffee cups for $5.99 each, they're neat looking. They're blue, green or white and have small dots so they look like old time metal cups but are actually porcelain. I mentioned to the manager that I was afraid they built too small a place but I've never waited more than 10 minutes. She said it's actually bigger than the 466 location and they turn the times very quickly so as to avoid long waits. I have to admit the waiters and waitresses are really trying their best, and it seems I have gotten at least 2 or 3 extra Diet Cokes on each visit and usually never had to ask. Part of the problem however, is the new jar type glasses seem very small. Next time I'm going to try the chopped steak with grilled onions, that's my favorite at Codys.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:29 AM
Veteran member

They are loaded with msg.....bad if you have migraines.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

The parking lot seems to constantly be filled................
Old 02-25-2017, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Cause it's Ohio cookin'. I so prefer it to just about everything.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:55 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
given the accelerated expansion in that area and the lack of eateries I am not surprised.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Cause it's Ohio cookin'. I so prefer it to just about everything.
GG:

Just a thought...but we are not in Ohio and I doubt seriously that this Bob Evans is representative of Ohio cooking as you grew to understand it.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:00 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I spoke to the good service and I briefly alluded to my meal.

My main purpose was to see if anyone agreed/disagreed with the manner in which they charged me?

No one addressed that point. I assume most people review thi bill before they pay?????
Old 02-25-2017, 04:02 PM

I think your waitress boogered up your bill.
Nobody else.
She was the only person inputing data.
Glad you enjoied her service.
Closed Thread

Tags
colony, evans, bob, opening, soft

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.