New Bob Evans Colony Location

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2017, 11:16 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
Hi/ We like the Bob E at 466 the Villages.

The new one, at Colony has hostess persons, male and female standing around talking and wasting time.
They do not seem to have good supervision.

Our regular Bob's had a first time ever, cold uncooked hash browns, a real surprise, first time ever for sure.
Omelet was very good.

New Cook??????????? Or ??????????

bbbbbb
The host booth is in entirely the wrong place. If people are already waiting, customers entering cannot see the booth.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Before we moved here full time we lived in the Town of Southold (north fork of long island). Franchise restaurants of any kind were not allowed by town statute. We always ate at mom & pop places that wouldn't stay in business very long if they weren't good.
I'm not surprised at the mixed reviews, obviously management is to be faulted. Poor service and/or bad food is always the result of poor management, from the local management team up to the regional and beyond.
Bob Evans and others like it are not in business to please their customers but to make as much money as possible. They don't take pride in customer service nor buying the best food supplies, most of which are frozen anyway.
I would not waste my time critiquing such places any more then I would critique a Publix bought box of fig newton cookies.
Bob Evans and others of it's ilk are just plain yuck ( my critique? ).
Most of the time we eat at home and we're happy.
HUH??? You haven't tried it and dismiss it? You are missing a nice meal at a good price and good service. I like some chains better than some mom and pop's. There is a platoon of lawyers somewhere guaranteeing I won't die of shellfish poisoning because someone is new to English. But try the pies and Bob Evans...or the rolls. YUM.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
HUH??? You haven't tried it and dismiss it? You are missing a nice meal at a good price and good service. I like some chains better than some mom and pop's. There is a platoon of lawyers somewhere guaranteeing I won't die of shellfish poisoning because someone is new to English. But try the pies and Bob Evans...or the rolls. YUM.

You've intrigued me. I try it out when the snowbirds have flyed the coup. But prepare for a real critique.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
You've intrigued me. I try it out when the snowbirds have flyed the coup. But prepare for a real critique.
The gauntlet has been thrown.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
The gauntlet has been thrown.
Roast beef hash was the best. But not on all menus
Closed Thread

Tags
colony, evans, bob, opening, soft

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.