New Bob Evans Colony Location

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2017, 06:25 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
I think your waitress boogered up your bill.
Nobody else.
She was the only person inputing data.
Glad you enjoied her service.
since we seldom eat out, my purpose was to learn from others if restaurants in general had the same practice?

We all error and so if it was indeed the waitress's error she may have learned an important lesson. Still was quick, attentive, personable
Old 02-26-2017, 08:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Clean, Friendly professional wait staff. Middle Class -Mid American style food. Reasonable prices. Certainly not gourmet, but totally satisfactory experience. Have been in 466 location many times including a traditional Thanksgiving dinner--good. Our preferred breakfast location . Colony location is new but otherwise same quality as 466.
Just read that Bob Evans family corp just sold off the restaurants " to concentrate on their other food lines". Hope this doesn't portend bad changes.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Clean, Friendly professional wait staff. Middle Class -Mid American style food. Reasonable prices. Certainly not gourmet, but totally satisfactory experience. Have been in 466 location many times including a traditional Thanksgiving dinner--good. Our preferred breakfast location . Colony location is new but otherwise same quality as 466.
Just read that Bob Evans family corp just sold off the restaurants " to concentrate on their other food lines". Hope this doesn't portend bad changes.
Worries me. They don't have liver and onions anymore and a number of things we used to like.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Golden Gate Capital, a private equity group out of San Francisco purchased the restaurant division. They bought Red Lobster in 2014 and own California Pizza Kitchen.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2017, 10:00 AM

We love their food, service and location. Pet friendly outdoor patio works for us also. Highly recommend.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:18 AM
Veteran member
Default Bob Evans

Hi/ We like the Bob E at 466 the Villages.

The new one, at Colony has hostess persons, male and female standing around talking and wasting time.
They do not seem to have good supervision.

Our regular Bob's had a first time ever, cold uncooked hash browns, a real surprise, first time ever for sure.
Omelet was very good.

New Cook??????????? Or ??????????

bbbbbb
Old 02-26-2017, 10:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Golden Gate Capital, a private equity group out of San Francisco purchased the restaurant division. They bought Red Lobster in 2014 and own California Pizza Kitchen.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Most private equity groups buy underperformers, change, and cut , preparing for a later very profitable sale. Hope this doesn't adversely impact BE restaurants.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:46 PM

We ate there last week and pancakes were not cooked through. Told the waiter and his reply was "yes we have been having a problem with that". The cashier did call over a manager who did take them off the bill. The wait staff is a little too inexperienced! We will wait awhile before we go back.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:26 PM
Sage

What do you expect from minimum wage personnel the place is a stepping stone, not a career
Old 02-27-2017, 02:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
What do you expect from minimum wage personnel the place is a stepping stone, not a career
Some of the best servers work at the Bob Evans on 466. They are VERY grown up, some past seventy and they are very good and very kind and always remember us.

Perhaps the new one has some not completely trained help but we haven't ever run into that at any of the many Bob Evans in Ohio for the last forty years.... and the one on 466 has wonderful folks working there..

We eat at Bob Evans once a week. We don't need alcohol to enjoy food. We serve it at home, but don't need it.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:51 PM

Ate breakfast there this past Saturday. Steak ( sirloin ) and eggs , potatoes , bread for $9.99.
Steak cooked perfectly , tender and practically fat free.
Great meal at a very reasonable price.
It will be my golf groups go to place when we play over that way.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We had lunch at the new BE today, our fourth meal in the last two weeks. Same as before, we were seated within a minute and this is at 11:45 and the place is packed. Our waitress greeted us within a minute and brought our drinks a minute later. I had the Black Angus Chopped Steak with grilled onions and mushrooms, cole slaw, which is very good, and those rolls that taste like they're right out of the oven. It was $9.98 plus my drink, I had an email coupon with 50% off a meal, which took $4 off my wife's Grilled Chicken dinner. I haven't had any bad experiences at all, in fact my waitress as before, brought me a second Diet Coke right away and even offered a third, but I refused since I was going to drink my wife's second, she's not a big drinker like me.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

If the same company that bought Red Lobster is now in charge, that's great because I've noticed RL has improved quite a bit. Red Lobster now has a much more extensive menu and the food is always great, but I was never disappointed with Red Lobser. I first ate at a Red Lobster in Savannah in 1972 and have been a steady customer ever since. It seems Bob Evans is now featuring meals more than breakfast, which will make a higher dollar amount, but I believe breakfast is probably more profitable.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

I was raised on BE. My mom retired after 35 plus years, from BE. Food should be consistent in all BEs. There are pictures of what plate should look like when it comes out. Even the biscuits need to all be the same color. I love mine on the darker side so when I came in waitresses would take the corner biscuits and put them back in the oven. Cracker Barrel is the same, kitchen has pictures of each plate and how it plated.

In a conversation with my mom this weekend about the service and food issues, at the new BE she was appalled. Her words were, corporate needs to be called so newbies can get on track.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Before we moved here full time we lived in the Town of Southold (north fork of long island). Franchise restaurants of any kind were not allowed by town statute. We always ate at mom & pop places that wouldn't stay in business very long if they weren't good.
I'm not surprised at the mixed reviews, obviously management is to be faulted. Poor service and/or bad food is always the result of poor management, from the local management team up to the regional and beyond.
Bob Evans and others like it are not in business to please their customers but to make as much money as possible. They don't take pride in customer service nor buying the best food supplies, most of which are frozen anyway.
I would not waste my time critiquing such places any more then I would critique a Publix bought box of fig newton cookies.
Bob Evans and others of it's ilk are just plain yuck ( my critique? ).
Most of the time we eat at home and we're happy.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:42 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

We had breakfast Friday at the new Colony Bob Evans along with two visiting friends. Food was good and service also good. The restaurant was packed but the wait was less than 10 minutes. This adds a much needed breakfast restaurant to south TV.

Tags
colony, evans, bob, opening, soft

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.