New Irish Pub

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2013, 10:10 AM

We have been in a few times, each time it's better then the last time, until last night.

As always we requested out favorite waitress, Kay. We almost didn't recognize her!
We heard about the new dinner specials and decided to try Tuesday's Irish Night.

We both got the Corned Beef and Cabbage, and We both were unhappy. The cabbage was not cooked. We had one carrot apiece, and it was not cooked either. Kay offered to have the kitchen recook our meals, but we declined. Normally we are big dessert fans, but after Kay telling us about the *new* Bread Pudding we decided to give it a try.
AMAZING! Best we have had yet! It sure did makeup for our dinner. We both had drinks, My husband had his normal miller light and I had water. When we declined to have the kitchen remake our meals, Kay offered to buy us another round of drinks. We were very pleased about this, and accepted her offer! Her compassion and hospitality are the main reasons we will be back next Tuesday to try Irish Night one more time!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:18 AM

Mike,

We appreciate how hard each and everyone of you are working. Everyone has a bad day, but it is the service, hospitality and kindness of your staff that keeps us coming back!
Kay, Matt & Lindsey are wonderful assists to your business and we will continue to come back each week to show our support. Thank you for all your hard work and determination to be the best!
Bob & Nancy
Old 05-24-2013, 06:30 AM
Veteran member

We went to O'Shea's last night. As an Irish citizen, and have spent much time on "the Old Sod" if I were to give O'Shea's a review it would get a 8 out of 10. Guinness flowed as it should, the best beer on the planet, i had the Irish stew was tasty, but not like what you would get in Ireland, no lamb and a small serving. We had an absent minded server, Lori who forgot to put our order in the kitchen, so we waited about 1/2 hr to get our food. Wayne, the owner is a pleasant man and works hard serving food. He graciously accepted my golf shirt from O'Shea's in Dublin, which now hangs on the wall. We will go back again, and tuesday nights they have the corned beef and cabbage, and Irish music.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Location: The Villages, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Memphis, Los Angeles, Boston, New York, Norfolk, Chicago.

We ate there Friday night. All four of us loved our meals. Fish and Chips, Shepards Pie, Reuben Sandwich and Bangars and Mash. Amount of Fish was incredible. Beer is good and cold and the wives "specialty drink" was excellent and very inexpensive. We will be back and do recommend. FYI, service was outstanding, attentive and efficient.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Veteran member

Really good to read about happy experiences at a new restaurant. Because of the newness of the place and the crowds, we stayed away. But your encouraging words are just what DH and I needed to hear. We'll be sure O'Shea's is on our agenda this week.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doran View Post
The old Speckled Butter Bean is now an Irish Pub--O'Shays
Eddie drove past it today--it was open and not a parking place to be had--must be good! Any one tried it yet?

Please let every one know how it is!
Will not go back . . . got a large black bug in my drink, sheppards pie was so so and meatloaf was lousy!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:40 PM

Every time my wife and I have been there, we have been very happy. We will continue going back. If you have a problem, ask for Mike and he will make things right with you...he is a stand up guy.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:07 PM

Huge improvement from last week!! Corned Beef and Cabbage was excellent! Ordered a Sex on The Beach and it was made perfect. And for dessert we of course had the Bread Pudding. Best in Florida!!! We once again requested our favorite girl, Kay, and this week we treated some friends to dinner. Service was top notch as usual and we were surprised and quite happy that Kay remembered our drinks, (A Guinness and a water with lemon) and had them ready before we could order them! We bragged to our friends about the top level of service and the great food. They plan on coming back and will tell friends to come out as well! The music was very good, a little loud though. It was hard to carry a conversation. Can't wait until next week! Keep up the good work!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.