New Irish Pub

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
lunch yesterday -- burger and reuben/ burger with coleslaw = burger roll excellent (pretzel roll)- burger done the way we asked - slaw cut course not fine, but maybe some people like it that way (not me) = reuben good - could use more dressing but thats my opinion (not a big deal) = fries good what there was of them = freshly made from potatoes (not frozen I think) - a lot of ends not cut from chef potatoes (min of 3" dia) used a cheaper grade === waitress came to table at least 8 times to ask if everything was ok === over kill ????? overall would definitely return
What does this mean?
Old 04-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Four of us ate at O'Shea's yesterday for lunch. The Reuben was the best we've had anywhere in The Villages and the fries were fresh, homemade, and fried to perfection. The fish sandwich was also good. No complaints about our service and our food was brought to us within 10 minutes of ordering, We'll be returning for sure.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspot01 View Post
Four of us ate at O'Shea's yesterday for lunch. The Reuben was the best we've had anywhere in The Villages and the fries were fresh, homemade, and fried to perfection. The fish sandwich was also good. No complaints about our service and our food was brought to us within 10 minutes of ordering, We'll be returning for sure.
Was the Reuben open-faced? That's the way we had them in NJ and they are wonderful that way. The only place I've found locally that has them that way is Palmer CC.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 04-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
Was the Reuben open-faced? That's the way we had them in NJ and they are wonderful that way. The only place I've found locally that has them that way is Palmer CC.

John
If they don't prepare it open-faced, I see not reason why they should refuse if you request it prepared that way if they care about satisfying their customers!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What does this mean?
potatoes have grades, a chef is at least 2 3/4" in diameter and at least 8 ozs - it goes down from there to A1 etc. have you ever had the large cut fries that were made from fresh potatoes and deep fried - the larger the diameter the less ends or sides of the potato go into the fryer - you can also pick out the sides but most restaurants prefer a large portion so they leave them in. Most restaurants if making FF from fresh potatoes pre-boil the fresh potatoes as the water in a fresh potato beats up the oil, so how if partially cooked it is easier on the frying oil (last longer). dont know why but that is what i have been told
Old 04-07-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
From past posts there were a lot of negative comments about the manager at Cody's regarding "mistreatment" of employees. I hope he's not involved with O'Sheas.

John
Mikie is Mike Miller and was long gone before the managers and owner started getting testy with employees and guests.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:01 AM

Had lunch there Sunday around 1:30. Not crowded. Went to the restroom because it was taking so long to get our food and saw that no one on our side of the room had food either. Sorry to say that our food was not good when we finally got it. Beer was good and cold, though.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:00 PM

Went Saturday there was agreat crowd . We were looking for a sports bar and they do have TVs but the set up was difficult to watch the games. The bar area had lots of TVs and they had Smithwicks on tap. So I was happy!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
Thank you for bringing our attention to a new pub--Irish or Sports it doesn't matter. My sons are visiting next week and it will be nice to try something new. Has anyone been to Hurricanes (formerly JJ Fins), another pub restaurant outside of TV? We ate at JJ Fins and it was fine but we've never been back since they changed hands.

George
Went there about 8 months ago. Met my sister from Orlando and my niece there. Had a wonderful meal, lots of laughs and watched 3 baby alligators and their Moms (?) for awhile afterward. Had such a good time. Love being on the water like that!!!
Old 04-14-2013, 06:51 AM

I went last night. The place was very busy. The food and drinks were very good. I saw lots of familiar faces.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:38 AM
Sage

Had a very positive experience at O'Shays. Can't beat the price of a pitcher of beer, food was good and hot and thoroughly enjoyed it. Waitress was a little shaky, but it ll worked out. Will definitely return.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Default Four Thumbs up!

My husband and I went on Saturday evening about 5:00 p.m. It was full but we had about a 25 min. wait. Loved the remodeling...does not look like the same place at all! Food was great. We had Fried Oysters, Black and Tan Onion Rings, O'Shea's Cheeseburger, and the Meatloaf. Loved the presentation and our waiter (O'Matt)! Going back this Friday with some friends. Four thumbs up from us.

From Liberty, MO

Last edited by teachnmo; 04-16-2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Misread previous post.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doran View Post
The old Speckled Butter Bean is now an Irish Pub--O'Shays
Eddie drove past it today--it was open and not a parking place to be had--must be good! Any one tried it yet?

Please let every one know how it is!
ok I HAVE not TRIED it so can't speak for myself, but we were out to dinner with friends the other night who did just try it and said it was awful. Was sorry to hear that. Was looking forward to some nice new restaurants.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Veteran member

We went there tonight after the. Parrotheads and were seated right away, drinks were good, service was good and food was good. We told the manager how pleased we were. This is a nice place and we will be there often. Oh, and the prices are very reasonable, gee, what's not to like?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:25 AM
Sage

My mom use to say "taste or preference we cannot measure, one man's junk is another man's treasure". So goes it in the restaurant in TV world.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.