Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   New Italian Restaurant Coming (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/new-italian-restaurant-coming-75320/)

buggyone 04-17-2013 03:48 PM

The Mezza Luna is taking the spot that CiCi's Pizza was in. No doubt that whatever food is served by Mezza Luna that it will be heads and shoulders above CiCi's Pizza. That pizza was like eating cardboard with a little cheese flavoring.

SALYBOW 04-17-2013 04:32 PM

I am just estatic that someone noticed us poor little South Villagers. We are in desperate need of restaurants. I don't care about the gourmet... I just want decent food. We need a Little Joeys down here. PUUULEEZE.

marianne237 04-17-2013 05:50 PM

Got to say I'm so impressed with the info that comes out of some of these postings. Who knew (or cared) that Mezza Luna restaurants existed in so many places? And to find out what mezza luna means too.

sjdjmd 04-17-2013 07:40 PM

A new place for all of us! Yea!!

applesoffh 04-17-2013 08:15 PM

OH, I hope it's good. I really miss decent Italian-American food. IMHO, all the Italian places here are mediocre at best. Not looking for gourmet, just decent would be fine with me!

ilovetv 04-17-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 661277)
Giovanni's is about the best Italian restaurant in the area. His place is small. I'll bet he could fill three times the space 7 days a week if he chose to do so.

I agree about Giovanni's. It is excellent but far too small for all the people waiting for a table (on the sidewalk). As for the reply.....
Quote:

I talked to him once about this and he said he wouldn't want to expand. He felt that he could handle the amount of tables that he has, but any more and the service would suffer. I agree with rubicon...best Italian restaurant in the area.
.....They need to get a bigger facility, not necessarily add many more tables. Space is so tight in there that it feels like pressure to "eat and get OUT", and it's difficult for the servers to get through. They need a place with space around the tables/booths with ample walkways!

Giovanni's food is fantastic!

The Great Fumar 04-17-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathieI (Post 661128)
That's exciting and needed. Menu items don't sound like a gourmet faire but just hope its edible. Not complaining, just an observation.

BTW, Mezza Luna is the name of the restaurant that OJ Simpson's wife visited before getting murdered, OK Kathie, that wasn't necessary!!
:mad:

KATH....
It looks a little cramped for space there........and remember ,(IF IT DOESN'T FIT, YOU MUST AQUIT.).....

FUMAR .....:22yikes:

SusanOfWoodbury 04-18-2013 02:13 AM

Does anyone know if this new establishment will serve gluten free ptoducts?

jbdlfan 04-18-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovetv (Post 661441)
I agree about Giovanni's. It is excellent but far too small for all the people waiting for a table (on the sidewalk). As for the reply.....

.....They need to get a bigger facility, not necessarily add many more tables. Space is so tight in there that it feels like pressure to "eat and get OUT", and it's difficult for the servers to get through. They need a place with space around the tables/booths with ample walkways!

Giovanni's food is fantastic!

We are just the opposite! Love the "togetherness." Sat next to Nancy Lopez one night and felt like she was at our table. (At least that's what I told everybody the next day)

Bogie Shooter 04-18-2013 07:06 AM

This thread has been hijacked!

Love2cruise 04-18-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy79 (Post 661119)
It was reported this morning in the Sun that a new Italian Restaurant is coming to Colony Plaza called Mezza Luna Restaurant. You'll find some information at the Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant website.

Thank you for providing the link, I had no idea there was such a list.

Villages PL 04-18-2013 02:37 PM

New Restaurant coming this summer: Mezza Luna Italian Restaurant

I think the name is "Mezza Luna". That means "half Moon"? My Italian is getting rusty. ;)

I was getting interested until I read that they will have a bar. I really dislike restaurants with bars because wherever there is drinking, people tend to get loud. As a vegan, i'm not a big fan of Italian food anyway, but I might have tried their minestrone soup. Or something else like that.

Bogie Shooter 04-18-2013 04:13 PM

This is a new one. A restaurant gets bashed before it even opens!

2BNTV 04-18-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 661849)
This is a new one. A restaurant gets bashed before it even opens!

:1rotfl:

VP - There is another thread on this restaurant.

justjim 04-18-2013 04:27 PM

I understand Mezza Luna is going to locate in Colony Plaza where CC'S Pizza use to be. According to the Daily Sun the owners are EXPERIENCED in the restaurant business and this is welcome news.