New Italian Restaurant Coming

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza
Default New Italian Restaurant Coming

It was reported this morning in the Sun that a new Italian Restaurant is coming to Colony Plaza called Mezza Luna Restaurant. You'll find some information at the Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant website.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Dancing Thyme

That's exciting and needed. Menu items don't sound like a gourmet faire but just hope its edible. Not complaining, just an observation.

BTW, Mezza Luna is the name of the restaurant that OJ Simpson's wife visited before getting murdered, OK Kathie, that wasn't necessary!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
That's exciting and needed. Menu items don't sound like a gourmet faire but just hope its edible. Not complaining, just an observation.

BTW, Mezza Luna is the name of the restaurant that OJ Simpson's wife visited before getting murdered, OK Kathie, that wasn't necessary!!
Kathie...That is exactly what I was thinking.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:

I thought about the Goldman connection and came to the same conclusion. BTW, my son currently lives in Brentwood within walking distance from where the Mezza Luna Restaurant used to be. They closed back in the 90's

I did a little searching and also came to the conclusion that there are a lot of restaurants by the name Mezza Luna across the country including some variations like La Mezzaluna. In just a few states I found a few of them in ME, NJ and even here in FL. I didn't notice any connections with the one coming here.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-17-2013, 12:12 PM

Mezza Luna is Italian for half moon. It is the name for a type of chopping or mincing knife.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Sage

Sure hope that Mezza Luna is better than Luigino's at Spanish Springs. The food and service are both terrible at Luigino's.

A good Italian place is Giovani's at Southern Trace Plaza. It is packed both summer and winter and has consistently good food.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:

This restaurant originated from the town in NJ where we previously lived, Manalapan. I never ate there so I have no idea if they are good or bad. For sure we will give it a try once it opens.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
This restaurant originated from the town in NJ where we previously lived, Manalapan. I never ate there so I have no idea if they are good or bad. For sure we will give it a try once it opens.
Yes, there was a Mezza Luna in Manalapan, NJ. If you google Mezza Luna, you will see a restaurant listed in almost EVERY state. All different menus and different owners. Here's what's on the Gourmet Club website. It lists the owners.
I hope that they had a successful Italian restaurant somewhere and are bringing it here.

Mezza Luna Restaurant, 243 Colony Blvd., The Villages, FL. (Italian) L/D. To be located where CiCi's Pizza, and later Village Pizza, occupied at the east end of Colony Plaza, off CR 466A. A summer 2013 opening is expected. A full menu, full service restaurant, in a casual 4,000 s.f. atmosphere, will offer soups, salads, pizzas, calzones, subs, wings, wraps, paninis, pastas, plus appetizers and entrées such as Chicken and Veal dishes, as well as seafood items like Tilapia, Mussels, Scallops and Shrimp. Whole wheat and reduced fat items are expected also. Beer and wine license is likely. Paul Imperiale, manager; German Buitrago and chef, Salvatore Imperiale, owners.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Gold member

really could use a good restaurant at Colony. That is such a 'hidden' location at the end, that you are either good or gone...obviously Cici's is gone, so now let's get something good.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Veteran member
Default We were so surprized!

I am from Manalapan, NJ. Yes we ate at Mezza Luna many times. Typical Jersey Italian restaurant. It was on a commuter highway Rt. 9. Very busy place. They gave very hearty portions in house and take-out. You would not survive in business in NJ if you gave the portions that the restaurants in The Villages serve. In New Jersey we are willing to pay as long as we get our money's worth. It was not fine dining. It was casual. We loved their sausage and peppers with pasta and a seafood combo over pasta. It was not our most favorite Italian place, but decent. That was then and there. I will be surprized if it is the same here.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Veteran member

I wonder if they are hiring?
Old 04-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Sage

I love pasta so I hope they have a good chef. A restaurant is only as good as the chef. It's worth a try.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Gold member

Hopefully this will be a good addition to the Colony area. Like the idea of the variety versus what is already there. All we need now is a decent place for breakfast.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Giovanni's is about the best Italian restaurant in the area. His place is small. I'll bet he could fill three times the space 7 days a week if he chose to do so.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Giovanni's is about the best Italian restaurant in the area. His place is small. I'll bet he could fill three times the space 7 days a week if he chose to do so.
I talked to him once about this and he said he wouldn't want to expand. He felt that he could handle the amount of tables that he has, but any more and the service would suffer. I agree with rubicon...best Italian restaurant in the area.
I will definitely try the new Italian restaurant when it opens but I think I'll still be going to Giovanni's since I live in Santiago.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.