new Napoli III restaurant 301 Oxford

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorio View Post
Didn't go on opening day. Reserved 10 days later. Since then have been there four times more. This place comes closest to the trattoria of Italy. Food is great. If you want well done noodles, don't recommend here. Go to Carraba's. If you like your pasta al dente, go here. Good food comes with extra care as Slow Food Society of Italy will attest. If you want fast service, I wouldn't recommend here. Am very happy this restaurant opened near The Villages. Check out the Olive oil which comes with bread. Can't find it anywhere else. Very tasty. Take a look at the wine selection. Bottle charge quite reasonable and selection quite good. Lemonchello cake is out of this world, European taste. Praying they will succeed. As far as I am concerned this is the Italian restaurant around here. I reviewed four times in Village Gourmet Review Section if you want to know further.
just one question, does the slow food society make you wait 2.5 hours before you get served, as I've eaten with them in Italy I can tell you NO! does a competent restaurant management offer maybe an appetizer for a table waiting for food over an hour? the answer is yes. does a manager when he shows up with food at 8:30 and is told it is too late and is asked to box it tell you that you are disrepecting him by not eating, "get out of my restaurant, you people don't know what it is like to work hard". So, fellow villagers, defend their food all you want knowing that they don't respect customers from the villages...and oh by the way of the 4 dishes brought out 3 were not what we ordered because these insulting little people don't care about their customers.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:18 PM

many folks fail to realize when opening a restaurant, that the first several weeks are very critical to your reputation
Old 11-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Veteran member

I like to wait until the restaurant has been open for at least one month, maybe two. Give them a chance to get their act together. I haven't been there yet, but will try it pretty soon it will certainly not be with a huge group. No place can handle that effectively and no kitchen can handle that many orders all at once except those very experienced in crowds. Kudos to Tracy at City Fire who handles the whole Football Club of 20+ people herself and the kitchen cranks out the food hot and on time. Tracy keeps the drinks filled and they are prepared for us, but we are there every Thursday so we are predictable. Pity the poor places who get hit with a crowd like this with no warning...
Old 11-20-2014, 11:00 PM

I live very close to this restaurant and gave it a try recently. Fell in love with it! I grew up eating Italian food, and this restaurant has some of the best I have had. I will say that when its busy, the services slows, but thats with any restaurant. (I know since I work in the industry.) Anyways, food is great, price is great, and I haven't had terrible service. So I would tell everyone to try it out.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Sage

I'm NOT from NYC and don't claim to be an expert on Italian food, seafood, Chinese food, water, bagles, pizza, etc. I actually like living here and never complain. I realize I can aways go back.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I'm NOT from NYC and don't claim to be an expert on Italian food, seafood, Chinese food, water, bagles, pizza, etc. I actually like living here and never complain. I realize I can aways go back.
Now this is a four star restaurant review!

(I wonder if any of the whiners will take the hint)
Old 11-21-2014, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
More than one Villages restaurateur has told me The Villages is the WORST place to open a new eatery.

A new place is inundated with diners who are afraid to go out in public to eat in groups smaller than 12 and demand supper before 4:00 p.m. They do not trickle in the door. It is more like the day after Thanksgiving early bird sales when the slow or polite ones get trampled.

Many seniors demand to order their drinks and meals at the same time which kind of interrupts the normal flow of things. Ordering is complicated by the diners who think hearing aids are evil.

In other words, people, chill. Napoli III are experienced restaurant owners, but no amount of experience could prepare them for the ONSLAUGHT!
That's a classic.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:38 AM

We were there on the night of Black Friday and the place was packed, as was any other restaurant in The Villages. Everyone there was amicable and kept their pleasant attitude as they tried to accommodate everyone. For those who want their orders at their tables with snaps of their fingers, forget it! Chefs of Napoli III is not that kind of place since everything is made to order as the orders are turned in. If great food in a nice restaurant with waiters in proper attire sounds more to your liking and time isn't a big issue, I would highly recommend them. Do as we did and order an appetizer to quiet your hunger and make some new friends at the next table. We will definitely go back, again and again.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Ok we had been to their place in Inverness and loved it! Last night we decided at the last minute to go out and try the Wildwood location. We got their around 5:30 or so and were seated immediately even though it was pretty crowded. While I think we had a newer server the guys in the section we were in seemed very proficient at their jobs and very friendly to the patrons. Our girl was a tad slow but we weren't in a hurry. It took awhile to get our drinks (tea for us both) and way longer to get our salad an soup. (which another server finally got for us and it was delicious!) BTW in the meantime they did keep us filled on their super delicious bread and dipping oil
Our entrees arrived soon after I had Spaghetti Caprese and hubby an individual pizza. Both were absolutely awesome. Everything was so fresh and not drowning in spices and sauce pure and simple good old Italian cooking! This place rivals some of the best Italian restaurants in Chicago! People kept asking if everything was ok and thanking us for coming. Loved them singing in Italian Happy Birthday to someone. Loved the decor and omg though I was too full for their Lemoncello cake which is to die for , we took a box of their Italian cookies home and I will say I will be going back for more!!! LOVE Chefs of Napoli!!!!!
Old 12-01-2014, 02:30 PM

I ate at Napoli for the first time this past weekend. The service was excellent. Loved the bread and dipping oil. The salad was fresh with quality greens and I liked the house dressing very much. My entree was the cheese ravioli. While it was good, I wouldn't rave about it.

I need to try other selections to find one that keeps me coming back.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Sage

We went to Napoli for the first time today--the bar was out of Grey Goose & had no Johnny Walker Black--I had the Osso Bocco- real good, The Admiral had Chicken Scapareillo-is was OK--needed more zip such as cherry peppers--however; the highlight per special request--the chef made Zabaiogne (desert)--the rolls royce of Italian deserts-- we'll be back
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.