Nice Villager experience today

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Veteran member
Default Nice Villager experience today

I was at Bob Evans for lunch and the server was super nice and helpful. She was fully present and mindful when taking our order, which included a separate to-go order that she filled correctly and brought out on time as we were finishing our meal. I really appreciated her kind and competent demeanor and left her a $20 tip on the $31 bill.

She came up to me as I was waiting at the register to pay and offered me the money back, asking if I had made a mistake. I told her I hadn't, but what a sweet, honest person! I don't know if she was a Villager or not, but if so, she gives Villagers a good name.

I'll try to pay her attitude forward this week.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:04 PM

What a sweet story. I love to tip big for great service; they work hard. You blessed her and she blessed you. Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Old 05-12-2015, 02:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Excellent☺
Old 05-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default I like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
I was at Bob Evans for lunch and the server was super nice and helpful. She was fully present and mindful when taking our order, which included a separate to-go order that she filled correctly and brought out on time as we were finishing our meal. I really appreciated her kind and competent demeanor and left her a $20 tip on the $31 bill.

She came up to me as I was waiting at the register to pay and offered me the money back, asking if I had made a mistake. I told her I hadn't, but what a sweet, honest person! I don't know if she was a Villager or not, but if so, she gives Villagers a good name.

Very nice of you---I like that!
Old 05-12-2015, 02:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There are so many like that at Bob Evans, and I like them to pieces...and I like you to pieces for doing that too. Good on you!!!
Old 05-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Gold member

The Villages Florida

Just kidding. Very thoughtful and generous of you. I'm sure you made her day.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:20 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:

Great story. Was it the Bob Evans on 466? We go there a lot. The entire staff there are nice. Always great service and meal.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Veteran member

Chicken, OMG! That is hilarious and a little too coincidentally creepy! Luckily I had the (your) chicken salad sandwich.

Don, it was the one on 466 next to Walgreen's. I live close and go there fairly often but hadn't seen this server before.

I pretty much stick to the standard 20% tip, but last December we were at Golden Corral and it was the holidays and we eat brunch there frequently, so I left a $20. The next time we went, the server saw me and came to the table specifically to say how grateful she was. I'm sure waitressing can be a thankless job but honestly, I'd forgotten all about it. It reminded me that small gestures can still mean a lot.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
The Villages Florida

Just kidding. Very thoughtful and generous of you. I'm sure you made her day.
That's funny.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Chicken, OMG! That is hilarious and a little too coincidentally creepy! Luckily I had the (your) chicken salad sandwich.

Don, it was the one on 466 next to Walgreen's. I live close and go there fairly often but hadn't seen this server before.

I pretty much stick to the standard 20% tip, but last December we were at Golden Corral and it was the holidays and we eat brunch there frequently, so I left a $20. The next time we went, the server saw me and came to the table specifically to say how grateful she was. I'm sure waitressing can be a thankless job but honestly, I'd forgotten all about it. It reminded me that small gestures can still mean a lot.
I figured it was because all the staff there are great people and I believe they are the best examples of what Bob Evans expects of their employees. We have eaten in many locations and never had a bad experience. I'll admit I'm partially bias because I grew up where they started in Rio Grande Ohio.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.