No ketchup for you if you are over 10.

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
Their is a long time steak house in Orlando were the original owner (and his son after him) absolutely and totally refused to cook a steak more well done than med rare. I have seen ol Rudy & Al Seng berate and invite a "customer" to leave if they did not like it! The got away with it because the steaks were as good as anything you have ever had in your mouth. The steak house still remains but both are long gone .... and the place is marginal now.

Asking for BBQ sauce at Charlie Vergo's Rendezvous BBQ in Memphis will earn you a good matured scolding and lecture on the evils of "wet ribs", complete with the threat that "you do not deserve my ribs!" They are also IMO some of the very finest ribs in the known and charted world ..... and I have eaten at the best BBQ joints from NC to TN to TX to KC .... and all points in between.
LndLocked: Lived in Memphis for 5 years The biggest battle was what was better dry or wet ribs. had been to Rendezvous many times. My wife flipped when she saw the only thing they changed on their plates was the aluminum foil...gross her out

The second biggest argument best place for catfish.

Best pull pork sandwich was a little place on Elvis Presley Blvd (I think it was Bills BBQ) run by husband and wife. the wife's father started the Leonard BBQ
Old 09-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Belgium claims to have invented the french fry. they grow specials potatoes. They cook their fries twice once with beef broth at 155 and a second time with oil at 375.

a woman I worked with went on a diet which focused on eliminating condiments. so she had french fries but not ketchup/catsup because of the sugar content. she went down to skin and bone and she was a tubby
Old 09-11-2014, 12:01 PM

Nothing.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:06 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Over 10? No Ketchup for You, Restaurant Says - Business | Sarasota, Florida Patch

Well, that is one restaurant I would not go to in Ft. Myers.
Ditto.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Sage
Default Mad Fresh Bistro

Forbidding salt-shakers at the tables and ketchup for those over 10 sounds like they might be trying to promote health, but somehow I doubt it. It's still a fast-food hamburger joint.

Fries will still be deep fried, hamburgers will still be "juicy" and served on a white-flour gooey-bun.

It's still mainly about taste, not health.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Belgium claims to have invented the french fry. they grow specials potatoes. They cook their fries twice once with beef broth at 155 and a second time with oil at 375.

a woman I worked with went on a diet which focused on eliminating condiments. so she had french fries but not ketchup/catsup because of the sugar content. she went down to skin and bone and she was a tubby
You can lose weight pretty quickly by eliminating all white foods (sugar, white bread, potatoes, rice etc.) But it's awfully dull and hard to stick to.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 09-11-2014, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Forbidding salt-shakers at the tables and ketchup for those over 10 sounds like they might be trying to promote health, but somehow I doubt it. It's still a fast-food hamburger joint.

Fries will still be deep fried, hamburgers will still be "juicy" and served on a white-flour gooey-bun.

It's still mainly about taste, not health.
If you read the article, it never was meant to be about health. The resto provided truffle aioli for the french fries, a lot more sophisticated taste than ketchup. I am not condoning their refusals of ketchup or salt; I'm just saying it's has nothing to do with health.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.