Orange Blossom Country Club

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2014, 08:59 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
A little off track, but can anyone tell me how to get to Orange Blossom? Was there probably 12 years ago and can't remember how to get there. Coming from south of 466a. Thanks
Are you travelling by car or golf cart? And where are you starting out from?

Old 11-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Are you travelling by car or golf cart? And where are you starting out from?
I let her know.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

There is a nice Village map for sale at the Sales Center and other locations around TV $5.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
A little off track, but can anyone tell me how to get to Orange Blossom? Was there probably 12 years ago and can't remember how to get there. Coming from south of 466a. Thanks
It's on top of the hill in the middle of the historic district. You can get there by several different routes. Lester, Boone, Kiley, Magnolia and St Andrews all end up at Water Tower Circle.

If you're coming by car, the best bet is to enter at the gate opposite Morse Blvd, (I think it's the one marked Country Club Hills although it could be Orange Blossom Gardens) go through the gate and you'll be on Boone. That goes straight up the hill to OBHCC.

By golf cart, come across the golf cart bridge and go left onto Paradise Drive. The turn right onto Wales Plaza which turns into Vermont Ave. At eh end of Vermont turn left onto Lester.

Just come across 27/441 and head up the hill toward the water tower. Keep the water tower in site and you can't go wrong.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I just had it tonight. It was good. I though the portion was a bit on the small side. The restaurant is very nice. I wouldn't rave about it however. It's just a decent restaurant.
I thought it was very nice too. The Chili was pretty good. The shrimp and cheesy grits were decent. We had never been to the original country club but I felt they did a great job renovating this one.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Sage

I thought it was OK. Nothing to write home about. However, I believe they have the nicest pool around. Disappointing that the waterfall has been off the two times we went this week.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
I thought it was OK. Nothing to write home about. However, I believe they have the nicest pool around. Disappointing that the waterfall has been off the two times we went this week.
I agree. The waterfall would have looked better running. I think they did an outstanding job on the pool.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:50 PM

Waiting for them to reinstate the all-you-can-eat crab legs they had before they closed for remodeling.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:09 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker1 View Post
Waiting for them to reinstate the all-you-can-eat crab legs they had before they closed for remodeling.
Am gonna bet that menu offering has been remodeled right out of the offerings!

Old 11-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Am gonna bet that menu offering has been remodeled right out of the offerings!
Just as it should be..............................
Old 11-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Platinum member

We enjoyed our meal there the other day.

Skip
Old 11-17-2014, 04:37 PM

We frequent the Country Club restaurants as we had a bad experience at Cody's. great meals at Mallory and Cane Garden and can't wait to get back and try Orange Blossom.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve & Deanna View Post
We frequent the Country Club restaurants as we had a bad experience at Cody's. great meals at Mallory and Cane Garden and can't wait to get back and try Orange Blossom.
People have reported bad meals at Mallory and Cane Garden..........go figure.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

I tried OB today for lunch. The restaurant is certainly an improvement over the much need renovations that the old place was in dire need of. In my opinion the renovation is "not over the top" but nice. We sat in the front room and it looks no different than it was before except it is cleaner. The chairs at the table in the front room were like an iron scroll caf chair. They were already wobbling. Tables were used banquette tables with table cloths draped over. Take a close look at the rest of the "new" furniture, good but by no stretch top shelf. I had fish and chips. Cost $12.95. Waitress mentioned something about advertising in the newspaper because that used to be the specialty when Chip ran the restaurant. Well it is OK - didn't hold a candle to what it used to be. Waitress told us it was happy hour and the price of a Manhattan was $2.50. When the bill arrived it was $3.50 with apologies for misquoting the price.

I liked it. Glad it is here. I only see the WOW factor if you are comparing it to what was there in the dying days. If you compare to Evans Prairie or Bonifay I say it's in third place for food and price.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Here's what's cool about Orange Blossom. At how many executive courses can you just go across a street for lunch or dinner after a round? De La Vista to Tierra Del Sol comes to mind. Walnut Grove and Briarwood to Lopez. No El Santiago restaurant anymore. But now Hill Top is added to that mix.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.