Orange Blossom Country Club

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Default Renovated OB is a WINNER :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie01 View Post
went there for lunch..FANTASTIC!!! and a pool right out back from the patio...they outdid themselves.... what a nice happy place to be !! had the ceasar salad...great....chicken parm also great...this place is a WINNER better than bella grade off MOrse blvd...MUCH better !!!!!
VERY GLAD to hear that the renovated OB restaurant is so good and get this link to their
OB Website

Looks like they might have music in the future too. Yippee, I live here!
Old 11-22-2014, 03:07 PM
Sage

We were there yesterday at 4:30 with a party of ten. Luckily, one couple got there at 4:00 and got a table - at 4:30 there was a 45 minute wait. Parking lot was full and had to park on the grass on the circle that goes around the restaurant and pool area. The sports bar is gone. Tiki Hut is gone. Restaurant looked 1,000 % better than it used to.

Service was very good but that many change soon when the reduce the large contingent of wait staff. Fried chicken appetizer was a meal for two if you add soup and salad. Most of our party had the $12.95 fish and chips (maybe they were looking tone it down before thanksgiving?). The fish was nothing to write home about (Athens is my fav).

Selective $1 off happy hour ends at 5 PM - lots of drinks served all around at 4:45.

Line of people still outside the main entrance when we left at 6 PM.

Maybe they'll reopen the Paradise Rec Center restaurant that was closed about 10 years ago?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-07-2014, 04:15 PM

We tried Orange Blossom Hills Thursday night for dinner. GREAT redesign, similar inside setup to Evans Prairie's bar. I ordered the Chicken Fettuccine and my husband ordered the Steak Rigatoni. Both presentations excellent but very bland. We both like seasonings and we both asked for the parmesian and I used lots of salt and pepper. Next we will try Belle Glade but for now, my favorite Country Club restaurant (for ambiance, view and entertainment) is Evan's Prairie....HOWEVER NOBODY beats Lopez's "signature salmon"...
Old 12-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Sage

We at at OBH CC Saturday night. My husband had the Steak rigatoni and he said it was delicious. It has much, too much garlic for my sensitive gullet. I had the lime, mango chicken. We had the potato croquettes and Thai chili chicken wings as appetizers. Everything was presented beautifully and tasted even better. He said the steak rigatoni was fabulous. My only complaint was a little too much lime on the chicken. It overpowered the mango flavoring. The Yukon gold mashed potatoes and vegetables were perfect. I'm so proud of our country club.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
We at at OBH CC Saturday night. My husband had the Steak rigatoni and he said it was delicious. It has much, too much garlic for my sensitive gullet. I had the lime, mango chicken. We had the potato croquettes and Thai chili chicken wings as appetizers. Everything was presented beautifully and tasted even better. He said the steak rigatoni was fabulous. My only complaint was a little too much lime on the chicken. It overpowered the mango flavoring. The Yukon gold mashed potatoes and vegetables were perfect. I'm so proud of our country club.
That's what my hubby and I had. We both loved the meals. Delish !!
Old 12-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

mrich61 says:
Quote:
my husband ordered the Steak Rigatoni. Both presentations excellent but very bland.
bkcunningham1 says:
Quote:
My husband had the Steak rigatoni and he said it was delicious. It has much, too much garlic for my sensitive gullet.
Hacker1 says:
Quote:
Waiting for them to reinstate the all-you-can-eat crab legs they had before they closed for remodeling.
Probably one of the thing that drove them out of business in the first place.

Think it's easy to run a restaurant?

Too spicy, too bland, just perfect all comments on exactly the same dish.

I love all you can eat as well, but every time I go to one, unless it's a Chinese buffet, I wonder how the place stays in business.

If I'm not mistaken the restaurant business has the highest failure rate of any business.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie01 View Post
went there for lunch..FANTASTIC!!! and a pool right out back from the patio...they outdid themselves.... what a nice happy place to be !! had the ceasar salad...great....chicken parm also great...this place is a WINNER better than bella grade off MOrse blvd...MUCH better !!!!!
Are they not owned by same people?
Old 12-08-2014, 08:20 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
Are they not owned by same people?
Yes they are. Fred has Orange Blossom, Belle Glade, Bonifay, Evan's Prairie and Scooples.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:07 PM

Food is pretty good and patio area is great! Cons are: 1) Pool closes at 6:00pm so the pool cleaners sometimes arrive while you are trying to enjoy a quiet dinner/drinks on the patio and the pool cleaners and their equipment are loud; 2) If you eat inside for dinner any time after 7:00pm be ready to put up with the servers cleaning up for closing--that includes the vacuuming; 3) Inside lighting is too bright and decorating is austere--reminds us of a nursing home atmosphere. With some good management and some decorating OB could be the best in TV!
Old 01-23-2015, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyflnc View Post
Food is pretty good and patio area is great! Cons are: 1) Pool closes at 6:00pm so the pool cleaners sometimes arrive while you are trying to enjoy a quiet dinner/drinks on the patio and the pool cleaners and their equipment are loud; 2) If you eat inside for dinner any time after 7:00pm be ready to put up with the servers cleaning up for closing--that includes the vacuuming; 3) Inside lighting is too bright and decorating is austere--reminds us of a nursing home atmosphere. With some good management and some decorating OB could be the best in TV!
The management team for all the restaurants, as noted above, is probably the best in TV.
Been there for lunch and did not feel I was eating in a nursing home!
BTW did you share the issues with mangement? If not how do they know you were not satisfied?
Old 01-23-2015, 09:23 PM

Kelly FLNC, are you sure you were in Orange Blossom? They don't have a vacuum.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member

This is a sticky?
Old 01-24-2015, 05:23 PM
Veteran member

Thanks so much for the recommendation. We have company coming in April & will check it out. A nice golf cart ride.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:58 PM

It might be one of those Bissells. Anyway, who wants to be eating while servers are cleaning up around them? As customers, are we really considered that bottom of the ladder? Are we that much of a captive audience?
Old 01-28-2015, 09:01 PM

Yes, we did share with the management who was not the least bit concerned
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.