Orlando Magical Dining

Closed Thread
Old 08-24-2015, 09:56 AM
Platinum member
Default Orlando Magical Dining

I just saw that over 70 Orlando restaurants are offering special prices on 3 course meals again. We took advantage of this last year by accident and were amazed at the deals. The Magical Dining Month starts today and runs through the end of September. I found the notice here. We have two trips planned for OIA in September, so we're going to visit new restaurants in Orlando. Can't wait.

Skip
Old 08-24-2015, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

///

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-24-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:42 AM
Location: Born and raised in Western PA, now in Village of Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
I just saw that over 70 Orlando restaurants are offering special prices on 3 course meals again. We took advantage of this last year by accident and were amazed at the deals. The Magical Dining Month starts today and runs through the end of September. I found the notice here. We have two trips planned for OIA in September, so we're going to visit new restaurants in Orlando. Can't wait.

Skip
Skip... thanks so much for this post! My wife and I will be sure to take advantage.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Sage

Visit Orlando Magical Dining Month Restaurants & Menus

What ones do you recommend?

I know it sounds silly [and cheap] but one time when family was in Disney and it was just older adults we spent the day visiting Disney without the theme parks, no tickets. We rode the monorail and boats and looked at the hotel lobbies. The Dolphin and Swan restaurant is on the Magical Dining list.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Went to Ruth's Chris. Had a salad, 6 oz. filet, garlic mashed potatoes, and dessert. What a treat. If you don't drink it is also a bargain. Oh well.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:48 PM
Platinum member

Yep, I did read it correctly! $33 per person! I don't remember the last time I spent that much on a meal! Bon appetite! ��
Old 09-07-2015, 05:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
Yep, I did read it correctly! $33 per person! I don't remember the last time I spent that much on a meal! Bon appetite! í*½í¸

I would avoid the Strip in Las Vegas then. At most of the restaurants it is tough to get out for less than $100/person. In many it is much more than that.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Eternal Member

We went to Orlando last week for the Magical Dining with another Villages couple. We went to The Capital Grill down by the Convention Center. Excellent place to dine!

I had a Caesar Salad, 8 oz Filet Mignon, delicious mashed potatoes, French green beans, and a flourless chocolate expresso cake for dessert. Yes, only $33 is a great price for that dinner. The 8 oz filet mignon on the regular dinner menu (all ala carte) is $47.

Part of the special dinner price goes to charity.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:36 PM

We try to do this every year that they have it. It's a great way to find "new" (to us) restaurants at a reasonable introductory price. Went to Ming's Court, on International Drive, a few days ago. Easily the best Chinese food I've had in Florida, and it is a very pleasant atmosphere, as well.

Plan on hitting Capital Grille, soon. $33 per person for that restaurant is a terrific bargain!

Tags
orlando, restaurants, september, magical, dining, today, notice, found, end, runs, planned, visit, wait, skip, starts, oia, trips, month, meals, offering, special, prices, advantage, amazed, deals

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.