Our evening at Katie Belle's

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2016, 12:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
If there are bands like Rocky & The Rollers & Uncle Bob's Rock Shop playing inside a building such as Katie Belles and you don't like loud music, then I would suggest you don't go.
Thanks you very much for answering my question. I really enjoy music, but not when it is loud.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Thanks you very much for answering my question. I really enjoy music, but not when it is loud.
I also never liked eating at Katies when music was playing such as Uncle Bob. They are my favorite band but I would only have drinks when I went there to listen and dance. So now if you want to see Uncle Bob and the bar is full, can you just sit and listen and have a drinks at a table without eating? If not, is a pizza ok, they do still have pizza?
Old 02-01-2016, 07:49 PM
Default Katie Bells

WE were there a week ago. My husband and I ordered the fried shrimp. It was lightly battered with I think planko breading and tasted liker baked shrimp instead of fried. Salad bar was great. We set in the middle of the room. Band was loud and couldn't talk with each other. Don't think we will go back. I thought it was thought it was remodeled to be an upscale club?
Old 02-08-2016, 12:38 PM

We were very disappointed with the new Katie Belle's. Perhaps the service has improved since we were there, during the first week it opened. We had reservations for 24 people and we were spread all over the place. It took 40 minutes for someone to come and take our drink order, and we were at the early sitting. The new menu is more expensive. The portions were large, however, and the salad bar was good. Our group decided we would not go back for a long while. We miss the Cattle Barrons club, upstairs where we could have a good time, with tables for 8, no reservation required and beer and wine at reasonable prices. Nancy
Old 02-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Party of 24 explains a lot.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:53 PM
Veteran member

We went to the old Katie Belles once a few years ago and this past Saturday night, we went to the new KB with one other couple. We went to the 9:30 show and were seated about 9:00. We ordered an appetizer of Shrimp Cocktail and Spinach/ Artichoke dip and each of ordered a drink. Both of the Appetizers were OK, nothing special. The service was very good. We liked the atmosphere and would agree with other posts that it is more of a Supper Club feel. We might go back again but would definitely go to the earlier show if we want to eat a full meal. We saw Rocky and the Rollers and they were good and would not consider the sound to be too loud but definitely not background music either. Our waiter told us they are changing the format and not going to have 2 separate shows like they do now. I think that is a good idea. He said the Band will play the same amount of time in total but they will be taking reservations and you can stay until the place closes at 11PM and not be rushed out to accommodate the next show as you are now. I do think that format will be better and we will probably try it again.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

We took our young adult grandchildren to the new Katie Belles Dunning/Moore show on Monday evening. We had a great time, the show was excellent (as usual), the table was beautifully set and looked very attractive and inviting and the food was very good ........... no complaints from our foursome. The menu for Monday evening was chicken breast or pork roast or Tilapia. Between the four of us we had all three meals, very good. The service was above good, in fact our grandson remarked on how polite everybody was!

Do we miss the old KB - yes, loved the old atmosphere which gave the impression of being an old dance hall, but this new KB's is really very well done and totally different from the old dance hall effect. If I had to complain about something it might be the width of the staircase which is really quite narrow. I think a wider staircase would have added to the ambiance and created a more inviting approach to the dining club itself.

I think the Developer had to make a change to make the place pay for itself and I think he did a good job.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

Tags
tables, katie, belles, stage, bar, show, view, evening, area, spacious, attractive, dining, glass, great, looked, wonderful, enjoyed, table, side, rocky, elevator, supper, stained, club, restaurant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.