Pdq

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2015, 09:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
But the possibility is always there..........
True, as well as the possibility at anyones place...
Old 11-16-2015, 10:43 AM
Veteran member

The wife and I ate at a new PDQ up here in North Carolina shortly after it opened. The service was good, the prices OK and the food forgettable. If I was hungry and it was the only thing available, I'd eat it and not mind it, but we didn't find anything there that made us ever want to go out of our way to eat at it again.

For fast-food chicken, I'd rather see a Pollo Tropicale open up. We stumbled across one while going to the Miami Zoo and have made a point of eating there every time we go to that zoo or pass through Miami on the way to the Keys. Their side dishes are OK (definitely Cuban or Carribean influenced) but their lean, marinated, grilled chicken is SO much better than anybody's deep-fried chicken. We've eaten similar chicken at other chains (El Pollo Loco around Arizona or Ya-Ya's in Michigan) and wish more chains would pick up that style.

I guess I'm just tired of fast-food. During my career I've eaten as often as daily while I work and am now down to 2 days a week (I go home for lunch the other days) and trying to do it less. When the wife and I retire in a year or two to the home we bought in TV, I'm hoping to hardly ever eat fast-food.
Closed Thread

Tags
pdq, http://www.eatpdq.com, icon_hungry, sunday, opens, 11/15

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.