R J Gator's - Lakeside dining ruined!

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2016, 02:23 PM
Platinum member

Is it the heat???? Bitch, Bitch, Bitch!! never heard so much complaining. These poor workers have to put up with so much S***.
If you don't like noise and they have entertainment....stay away. If you don't like smokers, stay away from patios that allow smoking.

Instead of complaining...why not just do a little research? Why complain just because life isn't rolling the way you want it to? Nobody is forcing you to go places that don't fit your lifestyle.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:40 PM
Default well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Is it the heat???? Bitch, Bitch, Bitch!! never heard so much complaining. These poor workers have to put up with so much S***.
If you don't like noise and they have entertainment....stay away. If you don't like smokers, stay away from patios that allow smoking.

Instead of complaining...why not just do a little research? Why complain just because life isn't rolling the way you want it to? Nobody is forcing you to go places that don't fit your lifestyle.
The live music ends early enough to still enjoy a nice meal by the lake. I was there Fri afternoon and the music was great and not to loud for me. There was 2 guys having a birithday and everyone got into sing to them and having fun. These outdoor bars really help the resturant and I love RJ's . I also agree that smoking is a problem and have no answer for that ...maybe a certain area only.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:52 PM
Eternal Member

I'm always one of these people that goes where I like to go. There are several places that aren't my cup of tea, but others like it & that's great. That's what I love about the Villages. There's something for everyone.
Don't go where you don't like it and go someplace you like. So simple, then everyone is happy.
Old 07-24-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Just like the people who enjoy Texas Roadhouse, whatever floats your boat- if you enjoy eating in bedlam go for it

We'll stick with Arnold Palmer, Hemmingways & the Bonefish
The place sucks!
Old 07-24-2016, 04:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I'm always one of these people that goes where I like to go. There are several places that aren't my cup of tea, but others like it & that's great. That's what I love about the Villages. There's something for everyone.
Don't go where you don't like it and go someplace you like. So simple, then everyone is happy.
So true Bonny. It's so easy to just go where you are comfortable. If you don't like something about a place, just don't go.

I guess some think it's more fun to go anyway, then come on social media to complain.
Old 07-24-2016, 04:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancusa View Post
The place sucks!
Which place sucks???

If it sucks, don't go there......problem solved.

If you're talking about Texas Roadhouse, I think a whole lot of folks love it....so they won't miss you.
Old 07-24-2016, 04:32 PM
Sage

I'm have to stop reading restaurant reviews as there won't be a restaurant in TV I can eat at, without someone, pitching a b**ch about something.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-26-2016, 09:56 AM
Default Don't stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I'm have to stop reading restaurant reviews as there won't be a restaurant in TV I can eat at, without someone, pitching a b**ch about something.
2BNTV don't stop as you actually have a good sense of most resturants and I enjoy reading your comments. Those who complain about things need to vent but don't always offer a concrete solution. With all the differant people we have here, there will never be total agreement but to just say a place is no good doesn't hold weight. I worked foodservice all my life and I know how hard it is to be right on every day. So many things happen beyond your control and I feel we have to roll with it. As long as they try to do the right thing, then I give them the chance and we have many hard working folks in foodservice here that at times get a bad knock. I'm thankful readers like you add their thoughts.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAC2371 View Post
2BNTV don't stop as you actually have a good sense of most resturants and I enjoy reading your comments. Those who complain about things need to vent but don't always offer a concrete solution. With all the differant people we have here, there will never be total agreement but to just say a place is no good doesn't hold weight. I worked foodservice all my life and I know how hard it is to be right on every day. So many things happen beyond your control and I feel we have to roll with it. As long as they try to do the right thing, then I give them the chance and we have many hard working folks in foodservice here that at times get a bad knock. I'm thankful readers like you add their thoughts.
Thanks for the compliment. I go to the restaurants I like and I am willing to try anything new. I agree with your assessments about food servers.

I was being sarcastic in the sense that someone always has something negative to say, if one dinning experience, doesn't live up to their standards. I never blame the waitstaff if the cook didn't prepare a meal to perfection but then, I am easy to please.

Anyone can a have a bad day and usually give restaurants several shots, before deciding to cross them off as places, I would not go too!

My son works in hotel management, (4/5 stars), and their waitstaff caters to every whim of their customers. I am also talking about expensive meals as opposed to the 10/20 dollar range of meals served in chain type restaurants. Maybe some people's budgets dictate, that's too expensive and want 5 star service?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-26-2016, 11:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
And I don't get the "right to have a peaceful quiet dinner" remark. If you choose a pub that has music rather than a restaurant with no entertainment, how do you figure that you can walk out and stick the waitress with the check?
Hi, I have worked in two restaurants. I have never seen a waitress get stuck with the check. If it happened, any manger knows he will not see that waitress or waiter tomorrow, so we can discard that thought. Any well run restaurant knows they need to make the customers happy and if not they will not return. We always try to evaluate a spot early for anything out of our interest, noise or smoking to name a couple. If there is something odd there, we simply do not go there as some smarter persons have said here. Also hang in there,,,,,,,,,,, the smokers will not be around too much longer.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:45 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
Hi, I have worked in two restaurants. I have never seen a waitress get stuck with the check. If it happened, any manger knows he will not see that waitress or waiter tomorrow, so we can discard that thought. Any well run restaurant knows they need to make the customers happy and if not they will not return. We always try to evaluate a spot early for anything out of our interest, noise or smoking to name a couple. If there is something odd there, we simply do not go there as some smarter persons have said here. Also hang in there,,,,,,,,,,,
Quote:
the smokers will not be around too much longer.
And why is that ?
Old 07-26-2016, 12:29 PM
Default Missed the point

I think many people missed my point in the original post. I was referring to music along the side of the building, not at the bar. They added 3 speakers along the building, and the music was full-blast. The music was not from a musician, but from a radio--maybe from satellite. The loud volume is not necessary for that area, but if they wish to keep the music up loud for the bar area that's fine. We refused to sit outside, so we ate inside.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:24 PM

i know we stopped going also…no need for the music to be sooo loud..the bar people are RIGHT there 2 ft away..not 80 ft away..sad they are losing a lot of customers…sitting at the bar you cannot chat..the music is way toooooo loud…i guess they may think there are teens …we ARE NOT DEAF !!! lower it to soft music so all can enjoy it !!!!
Old 08-08-2016, 03:26 PM

people go there for lunch and snacks…and to chat with their friends…if you can't do that i guess they lose…..soon they will close and wonder what went wrong !!!!
Old 08-08-2016, 05:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
And I don't get the "right to have a peaceful quiet dinner" remark. If you choose a pub that has music rather than a restaurant with no entertainment, how do you figure that you can walk out and stick the waitress with the check?
My husband and I have eaten here many times, and like to sit along the lake, where it was peaceful and we could watch the tourist boat come and go. About 6 months ago, they added an outdoor bar, and then added musical entertainment (a solo musician). We usually sit far from that, or have not been there during the music, so that was never a problem.

Last night we wanted to sit outside along the lake, and as we were shown our table, we couldn't hear ourselves think! They added several speakers outside along the lakeside seating, and the music volume was way too loud. We asked to speak to the manager, and she said they "had" to have the volume up for the bar area, because they have music at the bar. She said she would turn down the volume (but not off, because of the bar guests), and then they showed us to the table furthest from a speaker. It was still too loud! So, we ate inside where it was nice and quiet, but not the same atmosphere as eating along a lake.

I used my $10 credit for being a VIG (Very Important Gator) member. We will not be returning to this restaurant again. They have ruined the ambiance of casual dining along a lake!

AND-----------------

Please note, a few posts back some one was very upset and claimed there was no noise at Gators. There are several posted recently and this one and we will not go there for the noise. If a person wants to have their ears blasted at dinner, they have their rights, we have ours. NO WAY

bbbbbb
Closed Thread

Tags
lake, bar, sit, music, added

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.