R J Gator's - Lakeside dining ruined!

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2016, 10:57 AM
Default R J Gator's - Lakeside dining ruined!

My husband and I have eaten here many times, and like to sit along the lake, where it was peaceful and we could watch the tourist boat come and go. About 6 months ago, they added an outdoor bar, and then added musical entertainment (a solo musician). We usually sit far from that, or have not been there during the music, so that was never a problem.

Last night we wanted to sit outside along the lake, and as we were shown our table, we couldn't hear ourselves think! They added several speakers outside along the lakeside seating, and the music volume was way too loud. We asked to speak to the manager, and she said they "had" to have the volume up for the bar area, because they have music at the bar. She said she would turn down the volume (but not off, because of the bar guests), and then they showed us to the table furthest from a speaker. It was still too loud! So, we ate inside where it was nice and quiet, but not the same atmosphere as eating along a lake.

I used my $10 credit for being a VIG (Very Important Gator) member. We will not be returning to this restaurant again. They have ruined the ambiance of casual dining along a lake!
Old 07-24-2016, 11:17 AM
Eternal Member

We love it there and really enjoy the afternoon entertainment. We were there last weekend and didn't notice that it was any louder than it has been.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:23 AM

I love RJ Gators too.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandG View Post
My husband and I have eaten here many times, and like to sit along the lake, where it was peaceful and we could watch the tourist boat come and go. About 6 months ago, they added an outdoor bar, and then added musical entertainment (a solo musician). We usually sit far from that, or have not been there during the music, so that was never a problem.

Last night we wanted to sit outside along the lake, and as we were shown our table, we couldn't hear ourselves think! They added several speakers outside along the lakeside seating, and the music volume was way too loud. We asked to speak to the manager, and she said they "had" to have the volume up for the bar area, because they have music at the bar. She said she would turn down the volume (but not off, because of the bar guests), and then they showed us to the table furthest from a speaker. It was still too loud! So, we ate inside where it was nice and quiet, but not the same atmosphere as eating along a lake.

I used my $10 credit for being a VIG (Very Important Gator) member. We will not be returning to this restaurant again. They have ruined the ambiance of casual dining along a lake!
Hi we do not go there for that reason, the noise. IT seems that noise is a great substitute for music, and the problem is getting worse. What is the deal folks?
If a restaurant has noise going on, we do not enter.
bbbbbb
Old 07-24-2016, 12:29 PM
Veteran member
Default noise

If a restaurant has noise,we do not go in, it is just that simple. You can complain, they may turn it down, and just as your food comes out, the noise is turned back on high. If so, just get up and leave. You have a right to have a peaceful quiet dinner to enjoy with your dinner date, spouse or whatever, do not let them take it away from you. If more people follow this, maybe they will get the message. But there are those who want the volume, ok, get stoned and enjoy.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:31 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
If a restaurant has noise,we do not go in, it is just that simple. You can complain, they may turn it down, and just as your food comes out, the noise is turned back on high. If so, just get up and leave. You have a right to have a peaceful quiet dinner to enjoy with your dinner date, spouse or whatever, do not let them take it away from you. If more people follow this, maybe they will get the message. But there are those who want the volume, ok, get stoned and enjoy.
I don't get the "get stoned" remark, oh well. The one thing nice about RJ Gators is the music is outside in the afternoon so it doesn't affect anyone's quiet dinner.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:52 PM
Sage

Just like the people who enjoy Texas Roadhouse, whatever floats your boat- if you enjoy eating in bedlam go for it

We'll stick with Arnold Palmer, Hemmingways & the Bonefish
Old 07-24-2016, 12:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I don't get the "get stoned" remark, oh well. The one thing nice about RJ Gators is the music is outside in the afternoon so it doesn't affect anyone's quiet dinner.
And I don't get the "right to have a peaceful quiet dinner" remark. If you choose a pub that has music rather than a restaurant with no entertainment, how do you figure that you can walk out and stick the waitress with the check?
Old 07-24-2016, 01:06 PM

I avoid RJGators when they have music. Simply way too loud to enjoy being there.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:14 PM
Platinum member

Fortunately you can speak with your wallet and not go there. Please complain in a nicecway to the companynleaders, notbthe local manager.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:34 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
And I don't get the "right to have a peaceful quiet dinner" remark. If you choose a pub that has music rather than a restaurant with no entertainment, how do you figure that you can walk out and stick the waitress with the check?
I would hope no one would leave and stiff the waitress.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:54 PM
Default RJ Gator's Smoke or Music

We love RJ Gator's. But, the last time we had dinner outside, we had to deal with smokers and their cigarette smoke. It was awful. 4 out of 6 at the next table were smoking. I would rather put up with music.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Wife & I enjoy RJ Gators as do many of our friends. Love to sit outside and catch the breeze from the lake. As for the music it stops when the Square starts.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Veteran member

Please don't go back! The patio is always full during the entertainment and those who aren't chronic whiners need more places to sit!
Old 07-24-2016, 02:10 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Please don't go back! The patio is always full during the entertainment and those who aren't chronic whiners need more places to sit!

Tags
lake, bar, sit, music, added

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.