Red Lobster's new owners - I hope they fail

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2014, 02:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobys Dad View Post
Hoping something will fail, interesting, if not a little disturbing. I will give it a chance as I do every new ownership. Time will tell.
You're going to eat there? Good! Not enough people were eating there before and now that they are raising prices for the same menu items, everyone wants to eat there. Amazing!

Red Lobster should pay me for starting this thread.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:07 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
You're going to eat there? Good! Not enough people were eating there before and now that they are raising prices for the same menu items, everyone wants to eat there. Amazing!

Red Lobster should pay me for starting this thread.
If they pay you, will you go there???

Old 07-30-2014, 02:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Why is it anybody else's business how other free people choose to eat and spend their hard-earned money.
Who said anything about that? I hope you will go there and enjoy it if that's your choice. Let's not make assumptions.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:11 PM

How many times have you gone there? Being from New England, I have been there only once and it is not my idea of seafood. That being said, for the people who do go there and like it I hope they make it. Remember, it is the restaurant that needs to show their clientele they are worthy of a return trip
Old 07-30-2014, 02:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
It was quoted on the news that they were going to use better quality ingredients and offer more upscale selections. It that's the case, it would be the reason in the raise in prices. They did not say they were raising prices per se. They said they were doing away with so many of the discounts/coupons/specials.

I don't wish for any legal business to fail or for anyone to lose their job. And though I don't eat there, I don't take the attitude that those workers are not our responsibility. You would be screaming bloody murder if they went out of business and more people joined the unemployment line on your tax dollars.
Boy! This post is a treasure trove! Where should I begin?

Better ingredients? How will we know if the ingredients are better? The article I read in the Daily Sun didn't say anything about better ingredients. It sounds like a safe way to justify higher prices. I'm skeptical.

I agree about the prices. They didn't say they would raise the prices but they said they will do away with the specials like 2 for $25. That's the same as raising prices.

They might not go out of business. But if and when their plan fails, they will have to rethink what they are doing and come up with a better plan. Although, they will never admit to a failed plan. Maybe they are hoping that a better economy will come to the rescue
Old 07-30-2014, 02:35 PM
Sage

Success or failure will take care of itself via the free enterprise system. Gotta love capitalism and freedom of choice.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I hope they succeed.

Wait and see VPL. Tooooo early to get your knickers in a bunch.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:36 PM

I think this was not a well thought out post by its originator. Frankly it's rather juvenile. Hoping for someone to fail is ridiculous. If you don't like the product just don't patronize them.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:38 PM

We all have choices. To eat there or to go somewhere cheaper and maybe better. So many restaurants so little time!
Old 07-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Sage

The changes are for all of the Red Lobsters. Presentation of dishes means lots to upscale restaurants....and to the younger and older "foodies" who dine in these restaurants.

Frankly hoping a restaurant fails seems unkind. Many have jobs in these establishments.....all the way from the farmer to the wholesaler, the kitchen staff, wait staff, dishwashers, cleaning crew, trash men.

If the new establishment is not to your liking, don't frequent the place, there are many other food joints in the surrounding area from inexpensive to needing a bank loan to buy a meal.

You have something against Darden for selling?
Old 07-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Why do I hope they fail? Because their plan is to change the public's perception of quality by raising prices. Also, they are going to use a round dish instead of an oblong dish. The round dish looks to be a little smaller and they plan to pile the food higher to make it look like more food for the money.

Deceive, deceive, deceive, this is what restaurants do best. That's their plan for turning the business around. So I hope they fail.
Wow- what compassion. If you don't like them, don't eat there. !!!
Old 07-30-2014, 02:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Sorry can't imagine anyone would hope a business to fail. Employees would not get paid. Maybe unemployment. If they are bought out after failing, that doesn't mean anyone will get their jobs back.
I always say, if you don't like a place, "don't go" !!
Maybe they won't make it under the new plan, but I certainly wouldn't wish that for them.
I'm an investor with Darden and have gotten a lot of info. Maybe I missed something cause I never saw where they said they were going to pile the food on a plate to make it look like more food than it is.
I wonder if they will hold the employees hostage. Notice to the public: You better eat at Red Lobster or we will fire the employees.

I probably won't eat there. I wasn't planning to eat there. I ate there many years ago with a neighborhood group. And I almost went again last year until I learned from the manager that all of their fish is now farm raised. For all we know the salmon might be imported from China and I wouldn't want that. That wouldn't be an example of better quality ingredients.

The part about piling the food on the plate was mentioned in an article in the Daily Sun. They said the fish etc. would be piled on top of rice. And that's supposed to be a fashionable trend in upscale restaurants. Even upscale people want to feel as though they are getting more for their money.

Good luck with your investment. I was once an investor with WorldCom and General Motors.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:53 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Success or failure will take care of itself via the free enterprise system. Gotta love capitalism and freedom of choice.
Don't forget freedom of speech.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesoffh View Post
VillagesPL, if you don't like it, don't go. Period. I would try a more "upscale" Olive Garden as the "old" Olive Garden was awful, IMHO, with crummy food, deteriorating interiors, etc. Not the employees fault, it was the fault of Darden trying to make Olive Garden a fit for all people and purses. That, obviously, was a failure. I never mind paying more for better quality food.
I asked my lady friend if she would like to go to Olive Garden but she said no because she is lactose intolerant and they put cheese on everything. I don't know how true that is but I know that a lot of their recipes call for cheese. Maybe she didn't want to be tempted.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:07 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I hope they succeed.

Wait and see VPL. Tooooo early to get your knickers in a bunch.
You will have to do more than hope, you will have to go there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.