Red Lobster's new owners - I hope they fail

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2014, 03:15 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
I asked my lady friend if she would like to go to Olive Garden but she said no because she is lactose intolerant and they put cheese on everything. I don't know how true that is but I know that a lot of their recipes call for cheese. Maybe she didn't want to be tempted.
Or maybe she just didn't want to go out with you.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Sage

Had a news program on this week that talked about how restaurants are changing "presentation"...going more "vertical". Perhaps that's what R.L. is doing. We don't generally think to go there so can't speak to the shapes of their dishes.

I agree with the others here who say, "if you don't care for a place then don't go there!" But to wish failure really is harsh!!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 03:23 PM

If one calls Red Lobster an upscale restaurant then I guess McDonalds is an epicurean delight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, I am not using apostrophes!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Don't forget freedom of speech.
You are free to speak-- others may think differently and are entitled to respond to a post that was meant to encourage response
Old 07-30-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d&lsunfun View Post
the changes are corporate not just in the villages,
first try the "new method" then if you are unhappy don't return.
To wish failure is not the way to voice your opinion.
amen!
Old 07-30-2014, 03:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
The changes are for all of the Red Lobsters. Presentation of dishes means lots to upscale restaurants....and to the younger and older "foodies" who dine in these restaurants.

Frankly hoping a restaurant fails seems unkind. Many have jobs in these establishments.....all the way from the farmer to the wholesaler, the kitchen staff, wait staff, dishwashers, cleaning crew, trash men.

If the new establishment is not to your liking, don't frequent the place, there are many other food joints in the surrounding area from inexpensive to needing a bank loan to buy a meal.

You have something against Darden for selling?
No, I don't have anything against Darden for selling.

Restaurants fail all the time. As the Polar Bear said, that's capitalism. Even the Golden Corral on 441 is closed and that was a better deal (value for the money) for consumers than Red Lobster. Apparently, no one worried about the employees enough to keep eating there.

This is capitalism! It's all about competition and may the best man win. There's a high turnover of restaurants. Restaurants come and go in The Villages. What happened to the employees? They have to sharpen their survival skills. What happened to the employees at Darden?

Notice that restaurants don't bother asking us what we like or don't like. Wendy's used to have a suggestion box years ago but not anymore. Who else has one? None that I know of. Some will take suggestions by phone; lot's of luck with that. How can they improve and stay in business if they are blind to what we want?
Old 07-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

I am a Red Lobster fan! I have eaten at many of their locations dozens of times. I will try their new format and will decide whether it meets my approval, and I expect that it will. I think "wishing" anyone to fail is rather silly, unless sharing your wishes is designed to rally others to assure your wish comes true. I expect the consumers nationwide will vote with their pocketbooks on whether Darden made the right call, and the new concept will thrive or fail on its merits. It may be New Coke, or it may be the I Phone.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thumbs up

Quote:
No, I don't have anything against Darden for selling.

Restaurants fail all the time. As the Polar Bear said, that's capitalism. Even the Golden Corral on 441 is closed and that was a better deal (value for the money) for consumers than Red Lobster. Apparently, no one worried about the employees enough to keep eating there.

This is capitalism! It's all about competition and may the best man win. There's a high turnover of restaurants. Restaurants come and go in The Villages. What happened to the employees? They have to sharpen their survival skills. What happened to the employees at Darden?

Notice that restaurants don't bother asking us what we like or don't like. Wendy's used to have a suggestion box years ago but not anymore. Who else has one? None that I know of. Some will take suggestions by phone; lot's of luck with that. How can they improve and stay in business if they are blind to what we want?
Many restaurants ask for feedback online, and take those comments very seriously. I'm sure that many unemployed or underemployed people who worked hard, and kept their skills and knowledge sharp only to be laid off to appease shareholders, would take great solace in your advice to "sharpen their survival skills".
Old 07-30-2014, 03:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I am a Red Lobster fan! I have eaten at many of their locations dozens of times. I will try their new format and will decide whether it meets my approval, and I expect that it will. I think "wishing" anyone to fail is rather silly, unless sharing your wishes is designed to rally others to assure your wish comes true. I expect the consumers nationwide will vote with their pocketbooks on whether Darden made the right call, and the new concept will thrive or fail on its merits. It may be New Coke, or it may be the I Phone.
Consumers have already voted against Red Lobster and the new management is responding by raising prices.

After you eat there, tell us if you like it more at the higher price?
Old 07-30-2014, 03:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Good luck with your investment. I was once an investor with WorldCom and General Motors.
Sounds like he's just p'ed at the world!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 03:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Consumers have already voted against Red Lobster and the new management is responding by raising prices.

After you eat there, tell us if you like it more at the higher price?
I ate Macdonalds hamburgers at $.15 in college and continue to eat them occasionally today at $1 or more.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:00 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamdogman View Post
If one calls Red Lobster an upscale restaurant then I guess McDonalds is an epicurean delight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, I am not using apostrophes!!!
You like McDonald's better? It could be that McDonald's is a better value for you if you like their products. Their Chicken McWrap isn't too bad.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:11 PM
Sage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I ate Macdonalds hamburgers at $.15 in college and continue to eat them occasionally today at $1 or more.
.15 cents? I think the least expensive I ever had was at White Castle - 4 for a dollar. The very first McDonald's I ever saw offered a complete meal for one dollar, if you can call it a meal. It consisted of a hamburger, French fries and a soft drink. With all the salt, starch, grease and sugar, what's not to like?
Old 07-30-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
You're going to eat there? Good! Not enough people were eating there before and now that they are raising prices for the same menu items, everyone wants to eat there. Amazing!

Red Lobster should pay me for starting this thread.
Red Lobster should think about suing you for slander. I guess it is similar to really disliking someone without really knowing them.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:22 PM

have you been drinking
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.