Red Sauce

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Default Red Sauce

Last night we ate again at Red Sauce. The once delicious restaurant left me a bad taste. Our salads arrived & was quickly follow by the entrees. They were not busy, so I saw no reason why the rush. I would of loved to enjoy the salad, but knew the entree would get cold. I have thoroughly enjoyed the "Lobster Ravioli"-but found this to be tasteless cheese ravioli with a couple of pieces of lobster. The ravioli was doughy & tasteless. The once flavorful sauce lacked the great lobster taste. SAD! This entree has been altered. My once favorite restaurant has dropped to last place.
Nana in Gilchrist
Old 10-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Gold member

Did you ask for the manager?
Old 10-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewhit View Post
Last night we ate again at Red Sauce. The once delicious restaurant left me a bad taste. Our salads arrived & was quickly follow by the entrees. They were not busy, so I saw no reason why the rush. I would of loved to enjoy the salad, but knew the entree would get cold. I have thoroughly enjoyed the "Lobster Ravioli"-but found this to be tasteless cheese ravioli with a couple of pieces of lobster. The ravioli was doughy & tasteless. The once flavorful sauce lacked the great lobster taste. SAD! This entree has been altered. My once favorite restaurant has dropped to last place.
Nana in Gilchrist
Sorry to hear that. We have not been there for a few years.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:20 AM
Sage

Haven't been to Red Sauce for a couple of years. Didn't like it then and probably won't go back. Other Italian restaurants now that are better.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-13-2014, 05:07 AM

When I dine out I always ask the server to hold off putting my entree order in until my salad arrives. Having my dinner arrive while I am enjoying my salad it one of my restaurant pet peeves. It can make for leisurely dining if the kitchen is busy though... Sorry your entree was not how you remembered it - but I would not write off the restaurant with one off night - Did you talk to the manager? The last time we ate at Red Sauce we thoroughly enjoyed it, as we always do.....
Old 10-13-2014, 06:34 AM
Sage

If you're out and about & see the big SYSCO truck outside your favorite restaurant, you can bet you're eating prepackaged, portioned food---I can cook better than that
Old 10-13-2014, 07:21 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
If you're out and about & see the big SYSCO truck outside your favorite restaurant, you can bet you're eating prepackaged, portioned food---I can cook better than that
Sorry to tell you that sysco also sell thing like bread crumbs - oils -etc --- used in the preparation of meals
Old 10-13-2014, 08:48 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Sysco sells restaurant supplies just like Gordon Foods, not just prepackaged food. My girlfriend goes to Gordon Foods to get her small plastic cups that she uses for jell-o shots. They are the cups restaurants use for butter etc.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Platinum member

Red sauce remains one of our favorite spots to go!!
Old 10-13-2014, 08:31 PM

The last time we ate at Red Sauce it was our "let's try it again, one more time" try. It was our LAST time...My pasta came out and had a metal taste to it like it was a leftover dish in one of those metal restaurant tins. My husband's entrée was cold.. We would rather go to NYPD pizza or Ricciardi's and looking forward to Chefs of Napoli. Never again Red Sauce..
Old 10-13-2014, 09:36 PM
Gold member

Red Sauce is off our list.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Frankly, I felt the sauce wasn't all that Red !!!!!!
Old 10-14-2014, 11:49 AM

Red Sauce is one of our favorite restaurants in TV. Different tastes for different people.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

We ate there once and have no desire to go back. The best I can say about it is that it wasn't terrible. It almost reached the height of mediocrity but for that I can go to a pizza place and spend half the money.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:47 PM

To me the problem with red sauce is it"s red sauce. It is so spicy as to render it inedible. I was born and raised Italian and have never had a tomato sauce made this way.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.