Restaurant at Havana

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2016, 06:06 PM

That's why we go to Cane Garden! Can't beat their food of service. We quit going to Havana for the same reason. I don't know how they make it!
Old 04-02-2016, 06:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Is there a second Hemingway in TV?

This thread sounds nothing like the place where we eat frequently
Old 04-02-2016, 10:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Is there a second Hemingway in TV?

This thread sounds nothing like the place where we eat frequently
Nope, it's just the usual posts by people working out what works for them, they don't like it and they will find a place that meets their expectations. I personally don't take those posts seriously because I prefer to make my own choices. We also enjoy Hemingway.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-03-2016, 07:04 AM

We love Hemingways since the new mgt took over. Big improvement over the old mgt. Under the old mgt the greeter wouldnt seat you even if the place was half empty. We walked out twice and never went back until these folks took over. It is one of our favorite places to eat now.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:22 PM
Sage

Thats why I asked about Hemingways-we had the best meal there this Fri-since we moved to the Villages -their Sheepshead special & the scallops with black pasta was really great.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:46 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

We ate there last night, Saturday, and had a 30 minute wait, but that was at 5:30pm, so to be expected. Our waiter was Derek, both professional and fun at the same time. Food was good. Had a nice night out with friends.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:46 PM
Default Havana Again

A possible solution to the question of empty tables, is a lack of waitstaff. But boy o boy we still have Havana threads.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

We've eaten at Hemingway's 3 times since first coming to TV in February. Each time has been excellent. We're sort of seafood aficionados and the food at Hemingway's does not disappoint. The mark of a good kitchen is how they cook fish. Each time, our dishes were prepared perfectly! Hey, stay away if you want. Just means more space for me
Old 08-01-2016, 06:10 AM
Veteran member

We are so looking forward to returning in October. The last time we visited, we had a wonderful dinner at Havana. There was no way I could eat all that was on my plate. HUGE portion of yummy food
Old 08-01-2016, 06:20 AM

went there last night ( July 31 ) after golf 7:45. NOBODY in the place. Having app's & drinks ...8 people. Wanted a table, told us sit at bar or use 2 high tops. Tables for dinner only. There was NOBODY there.!!!!

It's like hard to believe ...Bye Havana ....
Old 08-01-2016, 06:50 AM
Sage

we're regulars @ Hemingways--they screwed up 2 entrees a few weeks ago-we called the next day & informed them

well, the next time we came in, we were informed we would have our meals & drinks for the evening comped

real professional act

They are promoting good people to mgt positions
Old 08-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Veteran member

Maybe it's me but I won't be going back to Havana CC. $22 for lobster mac & cheese? I agree with the above poster that Cane Garden is a much better option, will be going back tomorrow night.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:02 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileysdad View Post
went there last night ( July 31 ) after golf 7:45. NOBODY in the place. Having app's & drinks ...8 people. Wanted a table, told us sit at bar or use 2 high tops. Tables for dinner only. There was NOBODY there.!!!!

It's like hard to believe ...Bye Havana ....
Same happened to us (4 of us)............we sat outside. Seems like they should be able to adapt, improvise and overcome.............or adjust, improve and over deliver.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:28 AM

Well, having read the above thread, my wife & I had the same experience last night...waited 5 minutes at entrance before employee appeared that acknowledged us (2 others came to desk). Was told 45 minute wait for outside & 15 minute wait for inside---which was really strange, as there were so many empty tables. No problem for us, we left & had very positive experience at another country club restaurant---it was our anniversary!
Old 08-07-2016, 06:21 AM
Bosoxfan
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Played golf today at Havana. Four of us decided to have lunch so I head to the restaurant to check in, I immediately spot 3 empty tables, one for 8 and two for 6, so they certainly should be able to accommodate four of us. The hostess and manager explain those tables are for those quantity of patrons only and we would have to wait 20-25 minutes. Now it is 2 PM and no one else is waiting to be seated, and it is not the pending dinner hour. If it was I might have understood. We just spent 4 1/2 hours in 85* heat and wanted to have lunch, not just drinks. Havana's restaurant and their management continues to dissapoint. We drove our carts to Lake Sumter Landing and had a nice quick lunch at Sonny's.
Let's see...20 to 25 minutes wait for some really good food or drive 10 minutes and eat at Sonny's ? Wow talk about biting off your nose to spite your face. Patience .
Closed Thread

Tags
lunch, restaurant, tables, havana, wanted, spent, 1/2, hours, heat, pending, seated, dinner, hour, understood, havanas, landing, sumter, nice, sonnys, quick, lake, carts, management, waiting, continues

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.