Ricardo's,/Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Gold member
Default Ricardo's,/Brownwood

Went to Ricardo's tonight with two girlfriends. Not one of us liked it. One ordered pizza and said it was too spicy. The other ordered pasta and did not like it. I try to eat healthy and it was a struggle. The Salmon (which would normally be my choice came on top of pasta only. I asked if I could have a baked potato instead with vegs. They have no potatoes and vegs would be an extra charge of $2.00. That annoyed me since pasta is cheap and for $20.00 a salad and vegetable should be included. I ended up ordering sliced tomatoes with mozzarella and put my own small serving of olive oil on it. $10.00 was not worth it since I ate very little cheese. Grilled chicken breast on side ran $3.00. Bottom line came out Hungry and bill was $14.00 plus tip. Would not recommend
Old 05-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Gold member

Hmmm...couldn't find "Ricardo's", but did find "RICCIARDI’S"...it's difficult to take someone seriously if they can't even spell the name of the restaurant correctly...or even close...try again? :-)
Old 05-07-2015, 08:35 PM

Did you take a look at their menu online to see if there were items you might like? They do have a website Ricciardi's Italian Table - Gourmet Italian Dining The Villages, Fl - Menu and a Facebook page Ricciardi's Italian Table - Gourmet Italian Dining The Villages, Fl - Menu.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:39 PM
Sage

Try the Mertz's restaurant next time.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:51 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Try the Mertz's restaurant next time.
Good One !
Old 05-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Location: Village of Hillsborough. (Past) Gilbertsvile, PA and Philadelphia, PA

Went there yesterday with my golf group. Everyone loved their choices. The tomato and mozzarella was actually very good. We will definitely go back.

Last edited by Cobh521; 05-08-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
Went to Ricardo's tonight with two girlfriends. Not one of us liked it. One ordered pizza and said it was too spicy. The other ordered pasta and did not like it. I try to eat healthy and it was a struggle. The Salmon (which would normally be my choice came on top of pasta only. I asked if I could have a baked potato instead with vegs. They have no potatoes and vegs would be an extra charge of $2.00. That annoyed me since pasta is cheap and for $20.00 a salad and vegetable should be included. I ended up ordering sliced tomatoes with mozzarella and put my own small serving of olive oil on it. $10.00 was not worth it since I ate very little cheese. Grilled chicken breast on side ran $3.00. Bottom line came out Hungry and bill was $14.00 plus tip. Would not recommend
If you mean Ricciardi' s we love it there. Food is great. We have gotten used to smaller servings here in The Villages vs NJ. That was our disappointment when they first opened. But now we go all the time. Husband orders an appetizer first and then he's happy. Best Tiramisu around. They accommodate my DINE around group of 8-10 nicely. Your review is coming across a bit "picky." Give them another try.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

I think Riccardi's is a great restaurant. Been there several times and I've always had an excellent meal.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
Hmmm...couldn't find "Ricardo's", but did find "RICCIARDI’S"...it's difficult to take someone seriously if they can't even spell the name of the restaurant correctly...or even close...try again? :-)
After a very stressful day at the hospital and an invitation by two friends to try Ricciardi's I just didn't take the time to study the spelling of the restaurant for friendly villagers like yourself. Nor did I have time to study the menu on line. Maybe next time when my dad isn't having a heart attack I'll have more time to post a review more to your liking and approval
Old 05-07-2015, 10:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
After a very stressful day at the hospital and an invitation by two friends to try Ricciardi's I just didn't take the time to study the spelling of the restaurant for friendly villagers like yourself. Nor did I have time to study the menu on line. Maybe next time when my dad isn't having a heart attack I'll have more time to post a review more to your liking and approval
Good news is you tried it, didn't like it and won't go back. That's why there are choices here, I'm sure you can find a place that meets your specific requirements.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-08-2015, 04:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I am sorry about your father. I hope everything is going to be okay. I was a daddy's girl so I get that, but you can't use that as a excuse. You didn't have to trash the restaurant. It is not a requirement to post a critique of every meal or experience we have. You were having a bad day. None of you liked the food. Oh well. You went to the square and had a good time.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Plenty of people post critiques on TOTV. I see threads that say avoid this or that contractor, or landscaper, or restaurant,. There is a long thread that critiques Winn Dixie. People critique the golf courses, the Sharon, the roundabouts. I wish I had seen this thread before we took our daughter-in-law to Ricciardi's. Maybe we hit it on a bad day, but it was really bad Italian food. We would never go there again. I think posters do the community a service when they let others know their experiences. Obviously restaurant food is very subjective, so you take these critiques with a grain of salt, but don't slam the poster because he or she had a bad experience and is willing to share that with others.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:03 AM
Gold member

The purpose of my critique was to help those (who prefer to eat healthy) as I do. It is not a restaurant I would recommend unless you personally don't mind your healthy salmon arriving at your table heaped on a pile of pasta. I, also. Appreciate when friendly villagers critique a restaurant even if they give it a poor review. Not every restaurant deserves four stars and there is absolutely nothing wrong with sharing your experience with other "friendly" villagers. Also remember two other women were with me and this could be a critique from four of us as after dinner we walked to the square where one of the wives met up with her husband. She gave him the remainder of her pizza which he tried and said it was terrible and proceeded to toss in garbage. All of us said never again. I'll happily return to Bonifay. (See my critique on that one)
Old 05-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Gold member

Their lasagna pizza is great. They have won numerous awards for their pizza in Orlando at their Pizziara Valdianos stores.
Better stick with Papa Johns or Little Causars. Might be more to your liking.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

I've been to Ricciardi's a few times, with friends. Thank goodness the company was good. My food wasn't. I don't like writing bad reviews and generally tend to keep my mouth shut when I'm not happy, but I side with hulahips on this one.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.