Riccardi's

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2014, 08:17 PM
Eternal Member

6 of us went Saturday. None of us were impressed at all.
We sat at the outside bar for drinks and got a beeper. Our beeper went off. the girls went in while the guys paid the bill. They said our beeper shouldn't have gone off. Back to the bar. 12 minutes later, it goes off again. Again, they said it shouldn't have gone off. I asked for the manager. He said give him 5 minutes. 15 minutes later they called us.
I thought the portions were very small for the price.
Only 1 soup and it wasn't good.
7 lobster ravioli and a small dinner salad $18.00 was not worth it and it wasn't good.
We all had a different meal. 3 had salad and 3 had soup. One sent his meal back and said he didn't want anything else.
I'm sure there are some that like it and that's great. I never want any business to struggle. I hope they do well.

Last edited by Bonny; 02-26-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:12 PM

Been there 4 times. Lunch is good. Good food, service and atmosphere. Dinner is very loud, confusing with mediocre food. Will go back, but only for lunch
Old 02-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
6 of us went Saturday.
We sat at the outside bar for drinks... Back to the bar... 12 minutes later... 15 minutes ...
They didn't want to seat you Bonny, because the bar business was doing great!

Skip
Old 02-27-2014, 07:35 AM
Eternal Member

LOL, we were doing our part for the economy !
Old 02-27-2014, 08:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
We sat at the outside bar for drinks and got a beeper. Our beeper went off. the girls went in while the guys paid the bill. They said our beeper shouldn't have gone off. Back to the bar. 12 minutes later, it goes off again. Again, they said it shouldn't have gone off. I asked for the manager. He said give him 5 minutes. 15 minutes later they called us.
7 lobster ravioli and a small dinner salad $18.00 was not worth it and it wasn't good.
We all had a different meal. 3 had salad and 3 had soup. One sent his meal back and said he didn't want anything else.
I'm sure there are some that like it and that's great. I never want any business to struggle. I hope they do well.
To see a bad restaurant review from Bonny is a rarity.

Based on this, I am going to give the restaurant more time to get their act together prior to giving it a try.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:42 AM
Eternal Member

They would have to be really good before I would pay those prices. Just not a place I would drop $18.00 a meal for pasta. We eat out almost every night so I can't afford those prices.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:44 AM
Location: Little Rock AR - San Diego CA - Memphis TN - Ft Myers FL - Macon GA, Roswell GA - TV St Charles

We know another restaurant owner in TV who watches the feedback on TOV very carefully and tries to adapt and evolve as necessary. I just hope the Ricciardis folks do the same. I would love nothing more than to be able to say it's a great Italian restaurant.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:47 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by al & jane View Post
We know another restaurant owner in TV who watches the feedback on TOV very carefully and tries to adapt and evolve as necessary. I just hope the Ricciardis folks do the same. I would love nothing more than to be able to say it's a great Italian restaurant.
Me too, I want everyone to succeed and make money !
Old 02-27-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Same problem with buzzer. Ours went off after 10 minutes so we paid our bill at the bar. Was told buzzer shouldn't have went off and was given another one. Luckily our seats were still vacant at the bar. After a half hour we saw friends in the waiting area and went to say hello. At the same time we asked the hostess about the reservation. She said they called us 15 minutes ago. The buzzer never went off. After all this the sauce, which is the cornerstone of any Italian Rest, was bland. Portions small and expensive. Don't understand all the raves.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:46 AM
Eternal Member

We were glad our seats were still available at the bar. Your experience sounds just like ours.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmonaco View Post
We visited this new Italian restaurant last night and am very glad we did.
They have several vegetarian appetizers which were quite good. The escarole was our favorite but the broccoli rabe was also quite good, especially the large pieces of garlic sauteed just right.
My wife enjoyed chicken Marco Polo and I had the Shrimp and Scallops over pasta. It was prepared with a brown sauce which I found unique and very tasty.

The selection of wines were good and pricing very reasonable.
Very nice decor and good service. Met the owners (father and son) and they seemed to genuinely want you to have a positive dining experience.

Riccardi's is a welcome addition to the Villages and if they keep the standards that we experienced last evening we will be back often.
Agree wholeheartedly!
Old 03-07-2014, 09:59 PM

We also found the food to be very bland and skimpy portions...do not order the calamari; very small portion for the price. I had the pasta with white clam sauce and hubby had the lasagna. Neither dish was impressive. Prices too high for what you get. Service was mediocre, waitress never introduced herself and managers pranced about the restaurant but never stopped at our table. Had to request silverware; everyone else had cloth napkins but we got paper! Have no plans to return.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:56 AM

Had lunch yesterday at Ricciardi's and found it to be rather disappointing. My first observation is that it is very noisy with sounds reverberating all over the place. Caesar Salad was served with a highly excessive amount of dressing. It tasted extremely bitter and lemony. Three quarters of it was left in the bowl. No comment from server when I advised how bad it was. Menu indicated all entrees were served with Garlic Bread. We were served a couple of rolls and a couple of Bread Knots which we were later told were Garlic Knots. None of us were able to detect even the slightest taste of Garlic.

My entrée, Veal Parm proved to be the same yucky Veal Cubed Steak served at most Italian/American Restaurants. It is not Veal Cutlet but rather scraps from a lean cut of leg and processed by machine that tenderizes. If the menu doesn't specify "Veal Cutlet Parm", rest assured you'll get the stuff described above. Didn't much care for the sauce either. From my perspective it had a bitter taste which I didn't care for. In a word, this dining experience was, mediocre!
Old 03-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodcritic View Post
Had lunch yesterday at Ricciardi's and found it to be rather disappointing. My first observation is that it is very noisy with sounds reverberating all over the place. Caesar Salad was served with a highly excessive amount of dressing. It tasted extremely bitter and lemony. Three quarters of it was left in the bowl. No comment from server when I advised how bad it was. Menu indicated all entrees were served with Garlic Bread. We were served a couple of rolls and a couple of Bread Knots which we were later told were Garlic Knots. None of us were able to detect even the slightest taste of Garlic.

My entrée, Veal Parm proved to be the same yucky Veal Cubed Steak served at most Italian/American Restaurants. It is not Veal Cutlet but rather scraps from a lean cut of leg and processed by machine that tenderizes. If the menu doesn't specify "Veal Cutlet Parm", rest assured you'll get the stuff described above. Didn't much care for the sauce either. From my perspective it had a bitter taste which I didn't care for. In a word, this dining experience was, mediocre!
I believe any moderate priced Italian restaurant serves the processed "veal cutlet" in their Veal Parm instead of an actual piece of unprocessed veal. Veal is extremely expensive and unless the Veal Parm is very expensive on the menu, it should be a tipoff as to what you are getting.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Eternal Member

I know when we go to Mezza Luna you can hear them in the back pounding the veal to tenderize. First time I heard it I asked what they were working on in the kitchen & they said just pounding the veal.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.