» Advertisements
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 05:27 AM

Location: Little Rock AR - San Diego CA - Memphis TN - Ft Myers FL - Macon GA, Roswell GA - TV St Charles

We went with friends a week after opening and would give it a C+ overall. One of our salads had a bug in it so our friend gave it to one of the owners who didn't apologize, just walked away with it and never returned with a fresh one. She finally had to ask the server to bring another one and the server didn't apologize either. I had chicken francese which was good but it was served over the tiniest portion of pasta I have ever had. Since that is the least expensive part of the meal, restaurants normally pile it on. Wife's pizza was good but nothing extraordinary.

Probably will not go back but predict that, like Red Sauce, it will stayed packed during the season and be a success not because of the food and service but because of the prime location in the square and that most of us love Italian food.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al & jane View Post
We went with friends a week after opening and would give it a C+ overall. One of our salads had a bug in it so our friend gave it to one of the owners who didn't apologize, just walked away with it and never returned with a fresh one. She finally had to ask the server to bring another one and the server didn't apologize either. I had chicken francese which was good but it was served over the tiniest portion of pasta I have ever had. Since that is the least expensive part of the meal, restaurants normally pile it on. Wife's pizza was good but nothing extraordinary.

Probably will not go back but predict that, like Red Sauce, it will stayed packed during the season and be a success not because of the food and service but because of the prime location in the square and that most of us love Italian food.
We thought the same. I don't understand why they are not more generous with the pasta. Mezza Luna does the same thing when ordering an entree that comes with pasta. We were sitting across from a couple and they brought the gentleman what appeared to be chicken parm. I thought wow he ordered it without spaghetti. You could see his look of disappointment, but said nothing. Wrong. The mini portion was under the chicken. So little you could not see it. Restaurant owners listen. The pasta costs so little, but it will make your customer feel satisfied and that he got his money's worth. I must also address the noise and harried atmosphere at Riccardi's. Nice lighting etc, but I find the staff literally running here and there. This does not add to a relaxing dining experience. Been there twice. Not impressed.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:47 AM

Been there twice, first time with 10 ladies, everything was good portion wise and excellent in flavor. Next time with another couple again, food, service etc. was great. I have brought home a box both times and I can eat. I did tell the owner their wine prices are high comparatively speaking and he said they will eventually be doing a happy hour. We will definitely be going back!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:06 PM

Had lunch the other day, great food and the bartender server Ashley was a real gem, returned the following night with some friends from out of town, I wish I hadn't raved so much from my lunch, they were very crowded, dinner service was very poor and slow, food was same it seems when the crowds get very large the kitchen can not keep up with the quality I experienced at lunch. I sent my chicken marsala back it was dry and tasteless, manager Joe seemed unconcerned did not offer anything other than he would take it off the bill ( no kidding ) everyone else said food was OK except my wife's Tortellini was like soup.

I will wait until they get there act together, I will post again if I ever decide to eat there.

Bill S
Oxford
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 07:59 PM

We were there last Sunday. Food was awful, bland, tasteless. You can buy better sauce in a jar. We have yet to find a good Italian restaurant in this entire area. Red Sauce and Olive Garden seem to be better than any of the other Italian restaurants we have tried, including Giovanni's and Mom and Pop's if whatever it is called. We tried the Greek a Restaurant in Spanish Springs and that was awful too, although they had the best calamari other than the one Lopez serves. The better food seems to be at the country clubs.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

6 of us went Saturday. None of us were impressed at all.
We sat at the outside bar for drinks and got a beeper. Our beeper went off. the girls went in while the guys paid the bill. They said our beeper shouldn't have gone off. Back to the bar. 12 minutes later, it goes off again. Again, they said it shouldn't have gone off. I asked for the manager. He said give him 5 minutes. 15 minutes later they called us.
I thought the portions were very small for the price.
Only 1 soup and it wasn't good.
7 lobster ravioli and a small dinner salad $18.00 was not worth it and it wasn't good.
We all had a different meal. 3 had salad and 3 had soup. One sent his meal back and said he didn't want anything else.
I'm sure there are some that like it and that's great. I never want any business to struggle. I hope they do well.

Last edited by Bonny; 02-26-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 09:12 PM

Been there 4 times. Lunch is good. Good food, service and atmosphere. Dinner is very loud, confusing with mediocre food. Will go back, but only for lunch
Old 02-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
6 of us went Saturday.
We sat at the outside bar for drinks... Back to the bar... 12 minutes later... 15 minutes ...
They didn't want to seat you Bonny, because the bar business was doing great!

Skip
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2014, 07:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

LOL, we were doing our part for the economy !
Old 02-27-2014, 08:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
6 of us went Saturday. None of us were impressed at all.
We sat at the outside bar for drinks and got a beeper. Our beeper went off. the girls went in while the guys paid the bill. They said our beeper shouldn't have gone off. Back to the bar. 12 minutes later, it goes off again. Again, they said it shouldn't have gone off. I asked for the manager. He said give him 5 minutes. 15 minutes later they called us.
I thought the portions were very small for the price.
Only 1 soup and it wasn't good.
7 lobster ravioli and a small dinner salad $18.00 was not worth it and it wasn't good.
We all had a different meal. 3 had salad and 3 had soup. One sent his meal back and said he didn't want anything else.
I'm sure there are some that like it and that's great. I never want any business to struggle. I hope they do well.
To see a bad restaurant review from Bonny is a rarity.

Based on this, I am going to give the restaurant more time to get their act together prior to giving it a try.