Riccardi's

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodcritic View Post
Had lunch yesterday at Ricciardi's and found it to be rather disappointing. My first observation is that it is very noisy with sounds reverberating all over the place. Caesar Salad was served with a highly excessive amount of dressing. It tasted extremely bitter and lemony. Three quarters of it was left in the bowl. No comment from server when I advised how bad it was. Menu indicated all entrees were served with Garlic Bread. We were served a couple of rolls and a couple of Bread Knots which we were later told were Garlic Knots. None of us were able to detect even the slightest taste of Garlic.

My entrée, Veal Parm proved to be the same yucky Veal Cubed Steak served at most Italian/American Restaurants. It is not Veal Cutlet but rather scraps from a lean cut of leg and processed by machine that tenderizes. If the menu doesn't specify "Veal Cutlet Parm", rest assured you'll get the stuff described above. Didn't much care for the sauce either. From my perspective it had a bitter taste which I didn't care for. In a word, this dining experience was, mediocre!
Noisy because it was busy?
Taste is pretty subjective. You say too much dressing on the salad that is included with your entree and I ask for extra as I like a little salad with my dressing. Why not ask for your dressing on the side?
You say the garlic bread which is also included with your entree is not garlicky enough and others may say there's too much garlic.
Same goes with sauce.
It's pretty Subjective at any restaurant.
So what restaurants here do you think are better than mediocre in your opinion?
If you really are a "food critic" then you should know this and please don't say Chef boy Ardee is gourmet.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I know when we go to Mezza Luna you can hear them in the back pounding the veal to tenderize. First time I heard it I asked what they were working on in the kitchen & they said just pounding the veal.
Good veal should never have to be tenderized. Just saying...
Old 03-08-2014, 01:26 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesoffh View Post
Good veal should never have to be tenderized. Just saying...
I used the word tenderize. I just assumed that.
They just said pounding the veal. I would guess then it was just pounding it to make it thin.
They did not say tenderize.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:37 PM

I have visited 3 times, and have not been impressed. Service was okay, food was bland. Bland seems to be the theme with many of the comments I see here. Probably won't go back.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:17 PM

Had dinner at Riccardi's last night. We enjoyed our dinners. Rigatoni with meatballs and also eggplant Strati. Service was prompt and friendly. Salads were included in the price and were fresh. Bread was good. We did not feel the serving size was small. We also felt prices were fair. We will definitely go back. In comparing to Mezza Luna, we felt all around our experience was better at Riccardi's.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Veteran member

We've been there three times. Salads and portions are small. Overpriced for pasta dishes. When you substitute veggies for pasta or starches, they upcharge $2.00. We ate outside all three times. Last night, our party of 4 had 2 of our meals (chicken), come out wrong. The 2 orders had the wrong pasta and veggies. This was after they tried to give us 2 other chicken dishes that weren't ours. We didn't recognize these and the server could not tell us what they were. The girl was miffed and left in a huff.

The server was not very attentive or professional. She was hesitant to call the owner over but reluctantly did so after I insisted. We explained everything to Joe and he made it right.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:34 PM

We called on Friday to make a reservation for 7 for Saturday, we were told to call back on Saturday, called back, the manager said the only reservations being taken were for table of 8 or more and they were booked solid from 1130am to 830pm. Good for them, but we will not try again, plenty of other places to spend money.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Veteran member

Have eaten there twice.......most recently this afternoon after attending Red Sox Nation event at Brownwood. Food was very good and our party of four left very satisfied. Would recommending giving it a try.
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.

Last edited by AriaGrandparents2013; 03-09-2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Correct typos
Old 03-10-2014, 08:46 PM

We called on Friday for reservations for Saturday evening (430pm)
we were told call back on Saturday, we did to find out
no reservations for less than 8, (we have 7) also the place was booked solid from
1130am to 830pm, no tables to be had. really??
Every table is going to have 8 or more all day,
they may have good food, but I won't spend my money there, plenty of other places willing to accept a table of 7.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&Lsunfun View Post
We called on Friday for reservations for Saturday evening (430pm)
we were told call back on Saturday, we did to find out
no reservations for less than 8, (we have 7) also the place was booked solid from
1130am to 830pm, no tables to be had. really??
Every table is going to have 8 or more all day,
they may have good food, but I won't spend my money there, plenty of other places willing to accept a table of 7.
So if they only takes reservations for 8+ and you said 7, why did they tell you to call back? Sounds like the run-around from Lee.

Skip
Old 03-15-2014, 07:35 AM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 6,954 Times in 1,189 Posts

Dined there last night. Not a pleasant experience. Took over and hour to receive food. One order never delivered. We were party of 8. The meal not delivered was taken off the bill however. 5 out of 7 who received meals were not that impressed with the food. Was very, very noisy inside.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:55 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

My wife and I had lunch while at Brownwood's Farmers Market today. I had angel hair pasta with garlic, oil and anchovies. It was absolutely delicious and the best I've had in a long time. My wife had some kind of fish on a bun. Said she would definitely have it again. We're definitely going back sometime.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-25-2014, 07:02 AM

I have been there twice and was VERY happy both times. Plan on going back next week with a friend
Old 03-25-2014, 07:37 AM
Gold member

When a restaurant gets TOO popular and TOO busy the food and service will suffer. Large parties 8+ are always difficult. When they do screw up they should go out of their way to make it up to the party. Just deducting the charge for the meal NOT delivered is certainly not going to make the people happy! That is poor management. One unhappy person (let along 8) can loose them business from 8x???

Send a letter to the owner!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

I also think it is a very noisy environment.

I have been there a couple of times and the food is OK. What I dislike the most is they always seem to be too busy to take care of the customer.

They remind me of the story of the lumberjack cutting down trees and starting to have a hard time getting them cut. A co-worker asks him if he has sharpened the axe? The lumberjack said, I don't have the time...I am too busy cutting down trees.

That is this restaurant....they are too busy doing busy that they can't take care of the customer properly. Hence they may, become a so-so business and another mediocre place to eat.

I hope not.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.