Ricciardis in Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2014, 10:31 PM

My opinion seems to differ from most. My family went here for dinner earlier this week and while the wait wasn't bad, the food experience wasn't thrilling. The soups we ordered were good but 5 table spoons worth and cost nearly 5$. It seems like they might have been busy because we waited a while for food and our server kept apologizing for the wait, but when the food came out it wasn't worth it. I got the pizza and it was okay. One person ordered shrimp and scallops pasta and the seafood was way overlooked while the pasta was undercooked. Another person got tomato/mozzarella salad and there were 4 lousy pieces of mozzarella and 2 whole tomatoes worth.
Maybe this was an off night so I might give it a try again. For now, I wouldn't recommend this place.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:40 PM

I am from Chicago and love true Italian sauces on my pasta. Are these home made
Old 01-30-2014, 10:37 AM
Default Ricciardi's Sauces

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkatz View Post
I am from Chicago and love true Italian sauces on my pasta. Are these home made
Yes all the sauces are homemade!!!! The desserts are also homemade by the owners mother and all authentic and to die for.
If not satisfied ask for Jackie, Lee or Joe a they WILL MAKE YOUR EXPERIENCE RIGHT!!!!
Old 01-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Veteran member

what is a good time to get there on a saturday night so you do not have to wait an hour or more?
thanks.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:40 AM
Platinum member

Ate here last night. Arrived at 5:00 and had short 20 min wait. The food was very good.....pizza, mussels diablo, and linguini with clam sauce. Salads and soup were very good. Hot bread was good. The Riesling was excellent. The waiter was attentive. I have two complaints......we were seated right next to the bar. It was very cold and rainy outside, so folks gathered by the very small bar to wait for seating. They were shoved against our table so close that their jackets and sleeves were dipping into our food. They had no consideration that we were behind them and trying to eat. My other complaint is.....the acoustics are terrible......so very loud, we couldn't hear one another to try to talk. Possibly it isn't this bad at other tables and if this is the case, they need to get rid of the table that we were seated at. I'm sure that if it were warm out and folks were outside waiting for tables, this wouldn't have occurred. Because of this situation, our dining experience was not good....but the food was good.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:42 AM

My prediction is no one will get in the place on Saturday night without reservations. The place is good, may have some growing pains, but will get it together.

Reservations are only taken for 7 people or more.

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 01-30-2014, 11:50 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Loved the food, ambiance and Candy our waitress!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 01-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy View Post
what is a good time to get there on a saturday night so you do not have to wait an hour or more?
thanks.
About 10:30 AM.
Then you only have to wait a half hour because they open at 11.

Skip
Old 01-30-2014, 07:39 PM
Gold member

New place will take some time to get in the swing of thing but they need to be sure not to give too many bad first impressions! I always give a place a second chance and sometimes even a third.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:02 PM
Veteran member

need a phone number to make a reservation. help!
Old 01-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Default Great rest...

We have been 3 X to Ricciardis now and no complaints! FINALLY A more upscale rest. to eat at in TV..We get So tired of hearing folks say, " Those villagers will never patronize a nice restaurant, they all want $ 5.00 meals."..Not true! Look at Bonefish, packed every night of the week! We Villagers want good food and good service and all the folks we know are willing to pay for those two things! As far as reservations, The owner said they will only take them for parties of 6 or moreprob a very good idea for any restuarants in the busy season...
Old 01-31-2014, 02:46 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtheshore View Post
Disappointing is all we can say for Riccardi's Italian Table! I don't know how these guys can be proud of the food they put out! I have never had a Veal dish before where the piece of meat looked like it was run over with a steam roller, not once but twice!! Tasteless pasta...ay, yi yi!
downtheshore: I doubt there are very many places in and around the villages that serve veal the way you will get it in the northeast.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:32 PM

True
Old 02-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Gold member

4 of us had dinner there last night and all enjoyed their meals. I have to agree though I have had better veal parm which is my usual go to meal.

It is upscale for TV so guys please no more muscleman shirts with your favorite saying on the front and cutoff jean shorts or at least wash them first.

They do need to get some heat outside at the bar and get a happy hour like City Fire.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwand View Post
4 of us had dinner there last night and all enjoyed their meals. I have to agree though I have had better veal parm which is my usual go to meal.

It is upscale for TV so guys please no more muscleman shirts with your favorite saying on the front and cutoff jean shorts or at least wash them first.

They do need to get some heat outside at the bar and get a happy hour like City Fire.
The heat is coming tomorrow.................................

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.