Ricciardi's Italian Restaurant ...ugh

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Glad you liked them. Brownwood is a ways from the Historical Side of the Villages.
It was on the arrival day. We were looking for a room at the inn and they took us in. Forever grateful.

I've had several rough meals at other places but made the best of it and nobody knew I suffered through a meal. I wouldn't tell the name of the places even under cross examination. It makes it like you have a cloud over you and you become known as a NUDGE. Talk about something positive, its hard enough to stay in business, nobody was injured or died at one of these establishments.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Eternal Member

We tried them about 2 months after they opened. 6 of us went and I have to say 2 said it was okay and 4 of us didn't like it. We decided to try them again about 6 months later and we thought it was good. We have only been a couple of times and liked it.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:16 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Another food thread. Clint Eastwood...........The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Okay, I will play along.

Been there a number of times. Slow, slow service one time. No complains about the food by me or anyone in our groups during all our visits.

Qualifications to judge: I eat every day.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ricciardi's Italian Restaurant ...ugh

Too fancy. I enjoy a good pizzeria doing mostly take out with a few tables for sitting in. Typically good Italian meals for a fraction of what the pretentious joints cost.
Not into the atmosphere or fancy tableware. It's all about the food, nothing else matters.

Last edited by RickeyD; 09-09-2016 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Platinum member

We used to enjoy them and the last 2 times didn't care for the restaurant at all.
We no longer go to any Brownwood restaurants.
Even Toojay's we go to the one in LSL.
It's sad since we live a little closer to Brownwood.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:42 PM
Sage

Go to Brownwood for a movie and a snack @ City Fire--nothing there that interests us,else
Old 09-09-2016, 02:07 PM

We love the go to Ricciardi's! The menu offers a lot of variety and the food is very good. They have also been accommodating to offer us food items not on the menu when they have the meat or fish available. Service has usually been excellent and the management frequently stops by and asks if we need anything or how we enjoyed our visit.

So some food for thought. Those of us who live nearest to Brownwood should support our local businesses. If there is a constructive criticism, share it with the management, or don't go back. These restaurant and retail owners have made a large investment in our growing community. We would like Brownwood to grow as Lake Sumter Landing has, which won't happen by tearing down the small businesses that have elected to be here in The Villages.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:16 PM
Sage

We have our right to be critics, let the out of town tourists make a mistake, if I can prevent a fellow Villager from making a mistake,the--I will never recommend Tire Choice--maybe you will if they open a store in Brownwood go there and learn for yourself
Old 09-09-2016, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

This is making me hungry for Italian;

Menu

We love Carrabbas. It is closer to us than Ricciardis.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We get a pizza takeout, eat on the lanai with good wine
Old 09-09-2016, 06:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
We get a pizza takeout, eat on the lanai with good wine
Old 09-09-2016, 07:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

That's why there are choices....for those that slam a restuaraunt we appreciate they don't go back but please, don't let your ego get in the way......you are not the definative word on what's good and what's not....only the expert on what you like. Trying to set yourself as the expert and then blatanly telling people you are the expert and therefore we shouldn't go to a specific place because you say we shouldn't go is just rude. I was ok with the post until the "heads up to those who are planning to go". We can make our own decisions as unbelievable as that may sound.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-09-2016, 07:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
That's why there are choices....for those that slam a restuaraunt we appreciate they don't go back but please, don't let your ego get in the way......you are not the definative word on what's good and what's not....only the expert on what you like. Trying to set yourself as the expert and then blatanly telling people you are the expert and therefore we shouldn't go to a specific place because you say we shouldn't go is just rude. I was ok with the post until the "heads up to those who are planning to go". We can make our own decisions as unbelievable as that may sound.
Great comment!
Old 09-09-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
We dined @Ricciardi's Italian Restaurant last night and I have to say it was the " Worst " Italian food I have ever eaten Yes the " Worst ".

I have spoken to the owner Joe twice in the past regrading the food served at his restaurant. The last time about 4 months ago...and thought we would give it one more try.

We had Chicken Sorrentino it was horrible slop..obviously sent it back after talking with the manager.

We had a salad, bread sticks, a glass of wine each..and hit the road.

Never again....a heads up to those who are planning on going there.

It has actually gotten worse since Joe has taken over from his Father. How this place stays open is a mystery to me. The location is prime, the interior terrific...but it's all window dressing.
That's incredible, especially since there's an Olive Garden here, and that IS just awful food.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post

Tags
italian, restaurant, worst, joe, food

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.